Does anyone use the bathroom aboard NJT, LIRR, Metro North, etc.

Shortline Bus

Guys let's try to keep this topic mature but it's worth asking as warning some of what I will explain might be graphic? Does anyone use the in-train bathroom whether it's Amtrak, LIRR/Metro North, NJT(NJT), etc?

While i am not expecting it to be spotless i see so much crap in there, it's not even funny.

What caused me to create this topic is this? Few months ago on a Poughkeepsie bound train, on a late Saturday Night/early Sunday Morning a man and woman (college age probably in their early 20's age wise)drunk went into the train bathroom *together.*

Soon after i wanted to go to bathroom as it was the only working one on that trip. Soon after few minutes, I kept knocking the door as 2 other riders behind me also wanted to go. Finally the conductor opened the door and the woman was topless as both were wasted as the train arrived in Beacon. Conductor I guess not wanting to stay later decided to just 'warn them.' So I guess they had fun in there while I and other riders waiting almost 'pied' on myself.

Yes this is a true story.

I usually have no problems on Metro North and to certain degree NJ Transit, ( I don't ride LIRR and Amtrak that often so i can't comment on those services) can't but the late evenings on weekends, it can be wild. Several times I saw vomit and excessive feces on those trips as well.

So what your stories on using the Railroad bathrooms?:eek: Can anything be done to prevent this from happening like a few months back?

Guys let's try to keep this topic mature but it's worth asking as warning some of what I will explain might be graphic? Does anyone use the in-train bathroom whether it's Amtrak, LIRR/Metro North, NJT(NJT), etc?

While i am not expecting it to be spotless i see so much crap in there, it's not even funny.

What caused me to create this topic is this? Few months ago on a Poughkeepsie bound train, on a late Saturday Night/early Sunday Morning a man and woman (college age probably in their early 20's age wise)drunk went into the train bathroom *together.*

Soon after i wanted to go to bathroom as it was the only working one on that trip. Soon after few minutes, I kept knocking the door as 2 other riders behind me also wanted to go. Finally the conductor opened the door and the woman was topless as both were wasted as the train arrived in Beacon. Conductor I guess not wanting to stay later decided to just 'warn them.' So I guess they had fun in there while I and other riders waiting almost 'pied' on myself.

Yes this is a true story.

I usually have no problems on Metro North and to certain degree NJ Transit, ( I don't ride LIRR and Amtrak that often so i can't comment on those services) can't but the late evenings on weekends, it can be wild. Several times I saw vomit and excessive feces on those trips as well.

So what your stories on using the Railroad bathrooms?:eek: Can anything be done to prevent this from happening like a few months back?

anyone?

brings back old memories... except it was the LIRR

but ya'll ain't hear that from me... lol...

- I've never had to use the bathroom while on NJT...

- every single time I've had to use the bathroom on an MNRR train, the door on the car I was in, was locked.... and I had my back corner seat, on lock (lol).... so I wasn't gonna walk to the next car, in worries of losing my seat on a packed car.... so I would always hold in it til I got to GCT... and high-tailed it down to the lower level to use those bathrooms down there....

- LIRR's bathrooms I've used quite a bit... outside of condoms (plural), vomit, a tampon, blood (on the floor), semen (on the floor), shit smeared on the seat, beer bottles, soda can floating in the toilet part, and a bra that I almost tripped over while entering the damn thing, all separate occasions btw.... I must say they aren't that bad.

yuki mentioned taking a #1... implying something he doesn't do, regarding a number 2.... and I don't blame the poor soul one bit....

as far as droppin a deuce, I wait til I get home...

don't want no one else's... fluids... splashin up on my fundaments....

....and spare me the rhetoric about flushing a toilet in a public bathroom... I don't clean up after grown men & women.

On NJT trains there is a restroom every other car.

MNR and LIRR M1/a's, M2's and M7/a's have one crap car per set, and MNR's M4's and M6's have one toilet per triplet. When coupled so that the pantograph apex is facing east, bathrooms can be found in the western-most car of that linked set. SLE cars have bathrooms only in the cab cars.

I had use the bathroom at the Coney Island station.

The toilets at that terminal make me think of that filthy mouth in the desert from The Return of the Jedi.

I used it once on the new haven line.Never again.

The bar cars are vile beyond belief.

I only use it in extreme emergencies.

*PLEASE BE ADVISED: If the train that you're riding stops en route and power is lost without any explanation, DO NOT hesitate whatsoever to use the bathroom. Before you know it, the train could sit for hours, everyone and their dog will have to use the lavatory, and the batteries will not provide power to flush the toilet. At least, it's been my experience that a loss of power will prevent flushes.

when you got to go you got to go...

Seriously. A bathroom will appear to be disgusting because it's a publicly-used restroom, like what would be found at a fast-food restaurant or at a park. Personally, I'd rather wipe surfaces and brace myself so that my ass hovers just over the seat without establishing contact than walking around the Big Crapple with a dumpling of my own making lingering in my drawers. I'm also not going to hold anything any longer than is necessary - that's how problems develop. Feel free to disagree, but there isn't a single person on earth who will get me to feel any differently.

Seriously. A bathroom might appear to be disgusting because it's a publicly-used restroom, like what would be found at a fast-food restaurant or at a park. Personally, I'd rather wipe surfaces and brace myself so that my ass hovers just over the seat without establishing contact than walking around the Big Crapple with a dumpling of my own making lingering in my drawers. I'm also not going to hold anything any longer than is necessary - that's how problems develop. Feel free to disagree, but there isn't a single person on earth who will get me to feel any differently.

well, you dont let it get to the point where a droplet of turd is hanging off your anus to the point where it smears your drawers....

anyway.... might appear, bro? you're forgetting about the other senses, including taste...

some of these public bathrooms smell so bad you can taste it... I refuse to take a shit in a subway bathroom or a toilet on a RR train.... I'm willing to take that chance of holding it in til I get home... where I can my Al Bundy on.... and personally, if it's one thing that'll end up making my stomach do somersaults, it's the sound of someone else's shit hitting toilet water.... seriously, I start gagging when I hear that.

I'm not gonna go too deep into sitting on vs squatting over the toilet to drop a deuce..... all I'm say regarding the latter, is... that tends to cause problems also; especially if you have weak calf & hamstring muscles....

to sum it up.... to each his own..

...and believe you me, I'm not tryna change no one's mind.

you know that saying....

what's good for the goose....

So B35 or anyone else do you think that young couple that i told at start of this topic were being 'pg' doing the nasty(sex) LMAO on a public train? WHY?

That is a true story. Plus I even seen 2 ladies go on those bathrooms MNRR at same time couple of times as well.:)

FYI. On a long flight such as flying from NY-California a trick I do so i only 'piee' is to use tums so if i have to take a #2 as Yuki would say LMAO it can wait till i land.

Also for 'public bathrooms' the cleanest i notice are sometime Starbucks and Gas stations at rest stops.

PPL have sex in the Amtrak Bathrooms all the time , i mean have you'll see the Acela Bathrooms? There bigger then most apartment bathrooms :) I have never used a Bathroom on a Train yet.

I only been on Amtrak couple of times in my life so i can't comment about Acela but I take your word for it.:)

Perpy kids smoke in LIRR bathrooms fairly frequently. I've been on those late-night weekend Babylon runs, standing in the vestibule next to the bathroom when an "herbal" smell permeates the air...

...and not five minutes later, two hammerheads come out of the bathroom.

FYI: According to the scuttlebutt (no pun intended) over at RAILROAD.NET - whom I must thank for the use of the following abridged information - an MNR employee commented that bathrooms are not required on passenger trains for the passengers, but rather for the train crew unless the railroad has bathrooms located at frequent intervals such as intermittent stops, which I found to be an interesting point.

well, you dont let it get to the point where a droplet of turd is hanging off your anus to the point where it smears your drawers....

Some people enjoy that kind of a cliffhanging and shorts-tagging act. Apparently these are the people who feel that briefs are termed so because they're not worn all that long before a change is needed.

anyway.... might appear, bro? you're forgetting about the other senses, including taste...

some of these public bathrooms smell so bad you can taste it... I refuse to take a shit in a subway bathroom or a toilet on a RR train.... I'm willing to take that chance of holding it in til I get home... where I can my Al Bundy on....

Poor wording on my behalf; I'll edit that post. Early a.m. trains out of the yard generally tend to be the cleanest. Late-afternoon runs into NYC and late-night trains out of NYC, especially those on Thursdays, Fridays and before holiday weekends tend to collect nasty clutter while the lavs utter the sounds of ass sputter and splashing splutter (Word to your Mother Goose :)) Seriously, train times and the types of passengers have much to do with how fouled a bathroom tends to be. Surprisingly enough, it's the suits rather than the boots who are the most frequent mess-offenders.

and personally, if it's one thing that'll end up making my stomach do somersaults, it's the sound of someone else's shit hitting toilet water.... seriously, I start gagging when I hear that.

KERPLUNK! :)

I'm not gonna go too deep into sitting on vs squatting over the toilet to drop a deuce..... all I'm say regarding the latter, is... that tends to cause problems also; especially if you have weak calf & hamstring muscles....

True - people should not have to hit the gym in order to avoid leg injuries brought on by colon purging.

to sum it up.... to each his own..

...and believe you me, I'm not tryna change no one's mind.

you know that saying....

what's good for the goose....

. . . . requires pomander.

pomander: a mixture of aromatic substances enclosed in a perforated bag or box and used to scent clothes and linens or formerly carried as a guard against infection; also : a clove-studded orange or apple used for the same purposes

* Special thanks:

Definition of POMANDER

^^ yeh, I know what pomander is....

anyway:

So B35 or anyone else do you think that young couple that i told at start of this topic were being 'pg' doing the nasty(sex) LMAO on a public train? WHY?

That is a true story. Plus I even seen 2 ladies go on those bathrooms MNRR at same time couple of times as well

been there, done that...

I'm not doubting you, dude...

It's Taboo.... makes the moment more exciting....

Not saying that's a justifiable reason.... but it is a reason.

Archived