Question about this G.O

Abba

Skip/bypass...no difference. The Q will not stop at DeKalb, whatever you want to call it.

I know but i was just curious if the (Q) could actually bypass it.I was under the impression that only the (D) and (N) could.

If the (Q) is split in 2 sections;

1) 57 St/7 Av to Pacific St &

2) Atlantic Av to Stillwell

then the Manhattan-Bound (Q) will take off from the Coney-Island-Bound Express Track at Pacific St, not the Manhattan-Bound.:tup:

No i think both (Q),s run to Stillwell,meaning that it arrives on the Manhattan Bound track.

No i think both (Q),s run to Stillwell,meaning that it arrives on the Manhattan Bound track.

No, the GO was just called on about 30min ago. Trains operate from 57/7 to PACIFIC St and from ATLANTIC Ave to Coney Island.

No, the GO was just called on about 30min ago. Trains operate from 57/7 to PACIFIC St and from ATLANTIC Ave to Coney Island.

I thought when they have this G.O.(Q)trains from Manhattan would run to Stillwell via Fourth Ave as well.Or at least it used to be like this.

I've always wondered how the segment between Atlantic Avenue and Coney Island operated. Where do they turn around trains at Atlantic Avenue? There are no switches between the north and southbound tracks there. Do they single track until Parkside Avenue?

Plus the fact that they used to do this GO all weekend!

However, it would seem to be hard to install a switch near there. A lot of walls and space (rooms, etc?) between the tracks. Would be a lot of construction and reinforcing of the tunnel. Could be done, but they're not going to invest such money for just an occasional temporary reroute.

Archived