Private Bus Line Paper Buses

dmouse

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Green Bus Lines 630-1 a 1979 GMC RTS borrowed from Triboro. My guess on how it looks. There is no pictures of it anymore as Geocities and Transit World are ended. Correct me on anything not right.

paperbus6.jpg

This bus and other buses that had ###-1 retired in 1994 and 630-1 was kept for transfering bus parts between Arverne and JFK garages until 2000 when the 1000 series RTS-03's retired. During 1998-1999 the Green stripe was painted black because people complained it passed them at the bus stop. Again Correct me on anything that is not right.

paperbus7.jpg

Green Bus Lines 1014 1979 GMC RTS-03

paperbus8.jpg

My guess on how it looked but I do know that it had 2 stripes on the front. Like the real pictures of 630-1 a real picture of 1014 can not be found anymore but my knowledge of the front came from a picture on the original bustalk.net.

Green Bus Lines 647 ex-Command 1986 GMC RTS-04 96 inch wide

paperbus4.jpg

I resized this to replicate a 96 inch RTS by removing 8 pixels from the front, back and top areas of the bus. This bus was also the only Green Lines bus to have Green at the bottom where Jamaica Buses has brown and Triboro lightning has red.

May I request a RTS CNG bus in New York City Bus livery? If yes, then may I have the destination sign say:

B9| Bay Ridge

Shore Rd

No bus number.

Depot: Jackie Gleason

Thanks!

mtarts06cng.png

Green Bus Lines 361 1979 GMDD Fishbowl with 2 stripes paint scheme. Yes the GBL Fishbowls really had this scheme but towards the very end of their lifespan. There is a picture on Bustalk III with one in this scheme. I got the fishbowl model on the web and I made the paint scheme, not the bus.

paperbus2.jpg

Green Bus Lines 361 1979 GMDD Fishbowl with 2 stripes paint scheme. Yes the GBL Fishbowls really had this scheme but towards the very end of their lifespan. There is a picture on Bustalk III with one in this scheme. I got the fishbowl model on the web and I made the paint scheme, not the bus.

paperbus2.jpg

Green Bus Lines 973-1 ex Jamaica Buses 973 1976 GMC Fishbowl.

Borrowed from Jamaica Buses in 1988 and got an added -1

paperbus3.jpg

This has a regular rollsign unlike the GMDD.

Did you NOT read what I said?

Jamaica Buses RTS 518 1985 GMC RTS 04

paperbus9.jpg

An original to Jamaica Buses. I included this because it was the first JBI bus I rode. It was August 2002.

Jamaica Buses RTS 3701 ex-Triboro M1 1987 GMC RTS 06 Methanol (Diesel)

paperbus10.jpg

In 1998 after realizing Methanol was not a great choice for fuel, Triboro got rid of their 6 Methanol Powered GMC RTS 06's (M1-M6). 2 of them went to GBL and M1 went to JBI as 3701. It is infact the only JBI bus numbered in that series.

Archived