Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eric Kreszl

New Photos from South Amboy NJ 3/22/2008

Hello Everyone,

I was in South Amboy on 3/22/2008 and took some new photos.

Here are the photos

pictures%5C28390%5CP1060928.JPG

pictures%5C28160%5CP1060937.JPG

pictures%5C28160%5CP1060945.JPG

pictures%5C15198%5CP1060884.JPG

pictures%5C15198%5CP1060892.JPG

pictures%5C15198%5CP1060909.JPG

pictures%5C15184%5CP1060914.JPG

Norfolk Southern GP38-2 #5270 was hauling the SA31 freight train from Red Bank Yard to Browns Yard in Sayreville NJ.

Enjoy the photos.

Eric

Your photos are really impressive, Eric. Thanks for posting them and I look forward to more (moar) :)

Excellent photos Eric. I can see the construction there is moving along. I can't tell from the photos, but have any of the concrete sleepers been layed yet?

Excellent photos Eric. I can see the construction there is moving along. I can't tell from the photos, but have any of the concrete sleepers been layed yet?

The only concrete ties that have been laid yet are for the Essay Running Track. The Essay running track is the track that the SA31 freight train uses to get on and off of the North Jersey Coast Line.

Eric

The only concrete ties that have been laid yet are for the Essay Running Track. The Essay running track is the track that the SA31 freight train uses to get on and off of the North Jersey Coast Line.

So how is the progress of the construction shaping up there?

So how is the progress of the construction shaping up there?

From what I have seen so far. NJ Transit right now is working on rebuilding the Essay Running track like I said earlier is the track that the SA31 uses to get on and off of the North Jersey Coast Line to and from the Amboy Secondary. They have done some catenary work which is Why NJ Transit OP-1001 is there. Other than that they really have not done anything else except put up new signals less than a mile away from the station.

Eric

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.