The Direct Connection-NYC Subway

NX Express

I decided to make a map where all routes would have a transfer to all other routes, shuttles not included. Here is the map:

newmtafullmap2.jpg

Changes:

(G) extended via Astoria and 125 Street Crosstown

(7) extended via West Side Highway to South Ferry

(L) extended to West Side Highway for a connection with the (7)

(J)(Z) extended to South Ferry for a connection with the (1)(6)(7)

(6) extended to South Ferry for a connection with the (A) and (1)

A few new transfers have opened, like Atlantic/Pacific-Hoyt/Schermerhorn, Bowling Green to South Ferry, B'way/Lafayette to uptown Bleecker, and Broadway to Hewes Street.

Nice, now every line will connected to each other

Yup, except the shuttles!

Of course, there are some impracticalities with this map ({the (4)(5)(6) are all on one track south of City Hall} and {the 6 Av Exp now only skips a grand total of one stop}) but still...:cool:

Yup, except the shuttles!

Of course, there are some impracticalities with this map ({the (4)(5)(6) are all on one track south of City Hall} and {the 6 Av Exp now only skips a grand total of one stop}) but still...:cool:

Well for the (4)(5)(6)<6> lines, what you could do is make the local (6)<6> tracks put them in a lower level under the (4)(5) to Bowling green so there could be no delays. wow the (B)(D) are express with one stop? might as well make 23 street a express stop :P

What about Junius Street on the (3) to Livonia Avenue on the (L)?

That transfer would be convenient, but not necessary under my guidelines, since as E Local stated they connect at 14th/8th. It's just like the (E) and (J), it would be convenient to have a transfer in LoMan, but not needed, since there's one in Jamaica.

E Local is right, although I totally forgot about the Jay-Lawrence transfer. However, the (R) connects to the (A)(C) at 42 St and to the (F) at 34 St.

But that connection is of no use to Brooklynites travelling to destinations in Downtown Manhattan that would require such a transfer. At the very least it would require a detour via Midtown.

@ E Local: not your fault. Blame the MTA for its failure to use unique station names :o

But that connection is of no use to Brooklynites travelling to destinations in Downtown Manhattan that would require such a transfer. At the very least it would require a detour via Midtown.

@ E Local: not your fault. Blame the MTA for its failure to use unique station names :o

I see what you mean...when I was making the map, I only checked that a transfer should exist, whether it's convenient or not. If I make a second version of this map, I'll add the Jay-Lawrence transfer.:cool:

Archived