Whats the hardest part of being a T/O, B/O, C/R

R42 M Train

The hardest part of this job is working for a company that has ZERO respect or appreciation for the work you do and the sacrifices you make to do your job everyday!

The second hardest is that the public is a bunch of scumbags!

the hardest part is coming to work everyday knowing you are not going to live a full life because of everything you breathe in. from lead dust, abestos, fiber glass particles, rat shit and everything else thrown on the roadbed. i wont even begin to talk about cancer alley. it really is a slow death here.

The second hardest is that the public is a bunch of scumbags!

You are aware that you are part of the public you are criticizing, correct? The way you have talked to some of the other members here, notably primojr for one, you don't sound very different from the public that you profess to be a bunch of scumbags. Being a hypocrite is worse than being a scum bag. You hate this job so much, then why are you still there and not looking for another job? You are always bad mouthing your employer, whether true or not, what makes you any better? You are the epitome of what the public sees as nasty Transit employees. You don't respect your employer, yet you demand your employer respect you.

You remind me of all the nasty US trashing immigrants that talk about how much better their country is than the US. If their country is so much better, then why are they here? The same can apply to you talking about how horrible the MTA is. Quit whining and start looking for a job that can give you cheese with your whine if this is such a god awful job for you.

You poor suffering wretch. You are making $30.00+ an hour with full benefits and several weeks of paid vacation. No one should suffer the plight that you have to endure. You will be in my and everyone else's prayers tonight. I'm going to look for a few homeless and terminally ill people to tell them about your suffering so they can stop whining about their homelessness and terminal diseases. They aren't feeling the suffering you are. That will show them. No one has it worse than poor jah.

Here's the ironic thing about you. You've been working on a work train for a while now. You don't even deal with the public on a day to day basis. Maybe it isn't the public that is the scum bag after all.

Sounds like a problem that a great ol buddy of mine has on this board!

The problem I see here is that you seem to have this need to pick fights with people that haven't even said anything to you. Were you abused as a child? That would explain a lot, a whole lot. That goes for your sweetheart John above you as well.

The problem I see here is that you seem to have this need to pick fights with people that haven't even said anything to you. Were you abused as a child? That would explain a lot, a whole lot. That goes for your sweetheart John above you as well.

You wasted how many minutes of your life writing about Jah's post? You got issues dude seriously LMAO! The public are a bunch of scumbags. Do you even work for the MTA????????

You wasted how many minutes of your life writing about Jah's post? You got issues dude seriously LMAO! The public are a bunch of scumbags. Do you even work for the MTA????????

If you hate your job so much then look for something else. If it's New York you hate, then move out of the NYC area. If you need to cry to someone, see a therapist. No one put a gun to your head to take this job. The MTA did not force you to take the job you were offered. So then if you agree with his statement about the public are a bunch of scumbags, are you one as well? Why don't you share your views with the public while you are working?

You are aware that you are part of the public you are criticizing, correct? The way you have talked to some of the other members here, notably primojr for one, you don't sound very different from the public that you profess to be a bunch of scumbags. Being a hypocrite is worse than being a scum bag. You hate this job so much, then why are you still there and not looking for another job? You are always bad mouthing your employer, whether true or not, what makes you any better? You are the epitome of what the public sees as nasty Transit employees. You don't respect your employer, yet you demand your employer respect you.

You remind me of all the nasty US trashing immigrants that talk about how much better their country is than the US. If their country is so much better, then why are they here? The same can apply to you talking about how horrible the MTA is. Quit whining and start looking for a job that can give you cheese with your whine if this is such a god awful job for you.

You poor suffering wretch. You are making $30.00+ an hour with full benefits and several weeks of paid vacation. No one should suffer the plight that you have to endure. You will be in my and everyone else's prayers tonight. I'm going to look for a few homeless and terminally ill people to tell them about your suffering so they can stop whining about their homelessness and terminal diseases. They aren't feeling the suffering you are. That will show them. No one has it worse than poor jah.

Here's the ironic thing about you. You've been working on a work train for a while now. You don't even deal with the public on a day to day basis. Maybe it isn't the public that is the scum bag after all.

you wanna know what's even more ironic?

you are just as guilty, even more so, of what you are accusing jah of being guilty of. you are more disgruntled then the station agents you write essays on here bitching about. you write essays bitching about the MTA, your fellow ex-coworkers and the public... yet you still call the employment office trying to find information about upcoming classes in hopes of getting rehired. pot calling the kettle black? i certainly think so.

you wanna know what's even more ironic?

you are just as guilty, even more so, of what you are accusing jah of being guilty of. you are more disgruntled then the station agents you write essays on here bitching about. you write essays bitching about the MTA, your fellow ex-coworkers and the public... yet you still call the employment office trying to find information about upcoming classes in hopes of getting rehired. pot calling the kettle black? i certainly think so.

What's even more ironic is that it appears you have me confused for someone else. Did he dump you and you're taking it out on me? Check all my posts. Where did I say where I was working? Where does it say I was fired? Where does it say I am desperately trying to get back in? You may be a desperate person, but I am not. As for phoning in to find out the list and hiring status, I've been doing it to help the others that are patiently waiting that don't have the source I do you doe doe. It might be time for you to go in for a drug test or breathalyzer. You are definitely on something. You're delusional. ;):P:P:p:p:p:p It's all right though. I'm sure reading comprehension is not your forte. :o:P:p:p:p:p:p I'm not disgruntled at all. I am rather in a good mood usually. I can't say the same for you though. He really hurt you didn't he? I feel so sorry for you. Let it out. B):P:P:p:p:p:p

:):P:P:p:p:p:p @ multiple personality disorder. i am not that gullible, PhrasierCrane....... whoops! i mean naughtygal, i mean MojoKing, i mean ex-conductor who should have kept an extra sick form in his apartment "just in case." you can deny all you want, it's not that hard to put 2 and 2 together. you're not fooling anyone. ;)

and i notice that projection is your defense mechanism of choice, eh? cause last i checked, i've been happily engaged for almost 2 years now (thanks for asking!), and last i remember, you were taking your own breakup pretty hard on facebook not too long ago. can't check for updates now, cause apparently you deleted me before i was able to do it. :P:P:p:p:p:p:p i feel so sorry for you. let it out. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

:cool:

A question for all the conductors: How bad have things gotten when dealing with the public?

What's even more ironic is that it appears you have me confused for someone else. Did he dump you and you're taking it out on me? Check all my posts. Where did I say where I was working? Where does it say I was fired? Where does it say I am desperately trying to get back in? You may be a desperate person, but I am not. As for phoning in to find out the list and hiring status, I've been doing it to help the others that are patiently waiting that don't have the source I do you doe doe. It might be time for you to go in for a drug test or breathalyzer. You are definitely on something. You're delusional. :):P:P:p:p:p:p It's all right though. I'm sure reading comprehension is not your forte. :P:P:p:p:p:p:p I'm not disgruntled at all. I am rather in a good mood usually. I can't say the same for you though. He really hurt you didn't he? I feel so sorry for you. Let it out. ;):P:P:p:p:p:p

Holy shit! you're on crack!

A question for all the conductors: How bad have things gotten when dealing with the public?

Train Man Paul stated on SubChat not too long ago that when he was a TA conductor a passenger got irate because he kept on telling the passenger to refrain from holding the doors, and he got spat on.

I honestly don't think it could get any worse than that. If so, spill it out.

:):P:P:p:p:p:p @ multiple personality disorder. i am not that gullible, PhrasierCrane....... whoops! i mean naughtygal, i mean MojoKing, i mean ex-conductor who should have kept an extra sick form in his apartment "just in case." you can deny all you want, it's not that hard to put 2 and 2 together. you're not fooling anyone. ;)

and i notice that projection is your defense mechanism of choice, eh? cause last i checked, i've been happily engaged for almost 2 years now (thanks for asking!), and last i remember, you were taking your own breakup pretty hard on facebook not too long ago. can't check for updates now, cause apparently you deleted me before i was able to do it. :P:P:p:p:p:p:p i feel so sorry for you. let it out. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

:cool:

Wow apparently 2 year old rr4567 should save the crack accusation for you. You aren't gullible, you're delusional. Really, you can believe what ever you want. I couldn't care less if you have a 2 year engagement. (by the way, no one is interested in marrying you if they stay engaged to you for two years, then again, your imaginary fiancee can be engaged to you for as long as your delusions take you.) You are irrelevant. I've learned in life you can't cure stupid. I cannot cure you. I will just leave you with that and put you on the ignore list so I don't have to waste my time seeing your pot smoking pathetic delusional accusations again. I suggest you put me on ignore as well so you don't have to read my posts and start crying again. The virgins on here can defend you and thank you all they want. It's meaningless.

Wow apparently 2 year old rr4567 should save the crack accusation for you. You aren't gullible, you're delusional. Really, you can believe what ever you want. I couldn't care less if you have a 2 year engagement. (by the way, no one is interested in marrying you if they stay engaged to you for two years, then again, your imaginary fiancee can be engaged to you for as long as your delusions take you.) You are irrelevant. I've learned in life you can't cure stupid. I cannot cure you. I will just leave you with that and put you on the ignore list so I don't have to waste my time seeing your pot smoking pathetic delusional accusations again. I suggest you put me on ignore as well so you don't have to read my posts and start crying again. The virgins on here can defend you and thank you all they want. It's meaningless.

I'm gonna say this once: Get some help, for the sake of those around you.

Not for nothing PhrasierCrane there is something negative in every post i read from you. You also are bickering with people in every post you write. It may be time for you to move on from this site since you bring so much hostility with you. You might think that everyone is arguing with you but it may just be you are arguing with us. Like I said before take a week from this web site maybe 2 and just chill.

now the hardest thing about this job as Bus Operator is that you are always wrong. With the customers, with Management with whoever. You have to be able to let it slide off your back and not take any of it to heart.

You poor suffering wretch. You are making $30.00+ an hour with full benefits and several weeks of paid vacation. No one should suffer the plight that you have to endure. You will be in my and everyone else's prayers tonight. I'm going to look for a few homeless and terminally ill people to tell them about your suffering so they can stop whining about their homelessness and terminal diseases.

by the way, no one is interested in marrying you if they stay engaged to you for two years, then again, your imaginary fiancee can be engaged to you for as long as your delusions take you.

dude's got a point......

By the way, no one is interested in marrying you if they stay engaged to you for two years, then again, your imaginary fiancee can be engaged to you for as long as your delusions take you.

dude's got a point......

No, he doesn't.

I was engaged to the better half for nearly three years and we've been married for almost 12 years. A short engagement may not be enough for one to see everything that drives you nuts:confused: about the other person. That and sometimes you have to wait 1-3 years to properly set the wedding up if you want to get married on prime dates (i.e. summer and/or holidays). One couple I know wanted to get married on July 4th this year (why? I don't know, but that's what they wanted...eh, whatever), so they had to book it back in 2008.

Why add gas to the fire? Just let him be.

Because the child gets no attention at home, he comes here saying obnoxious things wanting so desperately to be one of the adults thinking he is funny, when no one thinks he is funny. He's just pathetic and doesn't realize how pathetic he really is. He's a comedian in his own feeble mind. He needs to take his own advice to seek help because problem 17-year-olds like him become a strain on society when they get older, although, in his case, he's going to be obnoxious to the wrong person one day and have the living crap beaten out of him. When that happens, it should quiet him down. He's on my ignore list as well now.

I suggest to anyone that doesn't like what I have to say (I couldn't care less what you think) that you put me on your ignore list. That way you won't have to cry. It's very simple. Hit the private messages link at the top right, then look on the left and click edit ignore list. Add me, and save it. That way you won't have to cry anymore, and you will not see any of my posts on any thread. I've added you guys, so please return the favor. One of the good things about this country besides freedom of speech, is freedom of silence. You can ignore me and say nothing. If I make you angry, then I control you. Don't let me control you since you dislike me so much. Life is too short to be so angry and hateful. Like I said in an earlier post. If you don't like your job, or don't like New York, look for something else, or move away from New York.

No, he doesn't.

I was engaged to the better half for nearly three years and we've been married for almost 12 years. A short engagement may not be enough for one to see everything that drives you nuts:confused: about the other person. That and sometimes you have to wait 1-3 years to properly set the wedding up if you want to get married on prime dates (i.e. summer and/or holidays). One couple I know wanted to get married on July 4th this year (why? I don't know, but that's what they wanted...eh, whatever), so they had to book it back in 2008.

There are exceptions to every rule. You are one of the exceptions, and the examples you gave are as well. I'm glad you were able to stand the test of time and have a successful relationship and marriage.

Anyway it's sad that a child and someone delusional took this thread off topic. Please get back on topic. I apologize to the good members here for what's happened. Anyone childish enough to try to add fuel to the fire, don't waste your time, it will be ignored by me, and hopefully everyone else..

Like I said in an earlier post. If you don't like your job, or don't like New York, look for something else, or move away from New York.

I have to admit that while I love my job, I hate New York...have had enough for a while now. However, since my personal situation will not allow me to move, I will continue to deal with it the best I can and will continue to leave the city the instant a vacation period comes up. That's how I cope. Besides, it wouldn't be prudent to move since I'm only 8 years from freezing my pension (time, but not the age), so that gives me something to look forward to.

With that being said, I'll continue to perform my job professionally and will continue to lend a helping hand to the tourists who have a different point of view about New York. If they love New York, then I'll do my part to keep their love alive.

There are exceptions to every rule. You are one of the exceptions, and the examples you gave are as well. I'm glad you were able to stand the test of time and have a successful relationship and marriage.

Anyway it's sad that a child and someone delusional took this thread off topic. Please get back on topic. I apologize to the good members here for what's happened. Anyone childish enough to try to add fuel to the fire, don't waste your time, it will be ignored by me, and hopefully everyone else..

Thank you.:tup:

I have to admit that while I love my job, I hate New York...have had enough for a while now. However, since my personal situation will not allow me to move, I will continue to deal with it the best I can and will continue to leave the city the instant a vacation period comes up. That's how I cope. Besides, it wouldn't be prudent to move since I'm only 8 years from freezing my pension (time, but not the age), so that gives me something to look forward to.

With that being said, I'll continue to perform my job professionally and will continue to lend a helping hand to the tourists who have a different point of view about New York. If they love New York, then I'll do my part to keep their love alive.

Spoken like a normal mature adult that understands you don't get everything you want in life, and when you don't, you deal with it, and not sit there and whine about it with the woe is me or why me attitude. Also spoken like someone that realizes there is a cost to everything you want in life as well. You're one of the good guys in Transit. Here's hoping you have as smooth a time as possible from now until you retire and have a lifelong and happy marriage. You deserve it.

Because the child gets no attention at home, he comes here saying obnoxious things wanting so desperately to be one of the adults thinking he is funny, when no one thinks he is funny. He's just pathetic and doesn't realize how pathetic he really is. He's a comedian in his own feeble mind. He needs to take his own advice to seek help because problem 17-year-olds like him become a strain on society when they get older, although, in his case, he's going to be obnoxious to the wrong person one day and have the living crap beaten out of him. When that happens, it should quiet him down. He's on my ignore list as well now.

Says the dumbass spewing pure retardation from behind his keyboard :)

I'm in the exact same situation. I have 8 years left for 25 years,but I wont have the age. I keep telling my co workers I'm freezing my pension and leaving after 8 years. Told them as soon as I leave I'm gonna buy a condo somewhere in the caribbean(probably St John). They think I'm crazy. I'll be set up pretty good by then, and NY will be a distant memory. I don't hate NY but I just don't want to be here anymore(if that makes sense). I also loved my job up until this year. Don't know why I've lost that lovin' feelin;), but I have. I realize there are a lot of people out of work that would love to have my job, and I don't want to come across as an ingrate but that's just my feelings as of late.

Archived