What States in the United States have you been to

Railfaner100

Me in alphabetical order: Alabama (slept thru it while riding a van), Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi (ditto as Alabama), New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania (I reside there), South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia (born and raised), and West Virginia. I never been outside the USA yet, nor have I been to Florida like everyone I know has at least once in their lives.

Didn't know NYC was a State but I've been in New York (of course!), New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana and last but not least, Florida.

Why do people say they've been to New York if you live in NY. Doesn't make sense. You've been to where you live?

Well considering I wasn't born in the US, I can say I've been to New York :o

Why do people say they've been to New York if you live in NY. Doesn't make sense. You've been to where you live?

I think if they're from New York City, Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, Putnam or Rockland, they're meaning they've been Upstate (i.e. Amsterdam, Utica, Elmira, Buffalo, Malone, Watertown, Schroon Lake etc.) and if they're from Upstate, they're meaning they've been Downstate (New York City, Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, Putnam or Rockland).

I think Upstate and Downstate developed as terms from New York's state shape and the position of New York City.

Archived