Anyone interested in joining me for some rail fanning next week?

R1Toasty

Yeah, I'll be in the city next week Monday the 31st through Wednesday the 2nd, and of course, I'll be continuing my subway exploration. If anyone wants to come with me (more than one person please) let me know. I'll be visiting the (G), RFWing the (E) and (F)(if I can catch an R32), visiting the R110s, and more (perhaps some suggestions from you guys). So what do you say?

Well i have some suggestions railfan the (:) line on brighton express to get your last rides on the R40s. And to see the R110B just take the (D) train to between bay 50th street and 25th ave it will be in PS 248s school yard and you will one car from the R110B trainset. You can get off at 25th ave and see it up close if you want to. And ride an R160 over west end express if they are still having the G.O then.

And heres an easy way to catch the R32 (F) train. The (F) always has an put in train form CI yard around 2:00 to 2:30 pm thats always an R32. and it comes into stillwell not ave X like the other (F) put in trains. And to see the R110As you take the (2) to 241th street the last stop and 239th street yard is right next to micdonds and theres a big gate where you see over the whole yard and you will see one of the R110A sets sitting in the yard. And the other five car set is on the upper level you can see part of it but not the whole set. But after the (2) train leaves 238th street station 241 st bound look out the right side of the train and you will get a clear view of the R110A set on the upper level.

the (J) and (M) lines are great for railfanning that the R42s are about to be repalced with R160s so you could get your last rides in on those lines..

But thats about it hope you fun railfanning are great subway system!!!

Well i have some suggestions railfan the (:) line on brighton express to get your last rides on the R40s. And to see the R110B just take the (D) train to between bay 50th street and 25th ave it will be in PS 248s school yard and you will one car from the R110B trainset. You can get off at 25th ave and see it up close if you want to. And ride an R160 over west end express if they are still having the G.O then.

And heres an easy way to catch the R32 (F) train. The (F) always has an put in train form CI yard around 2:00 to 2:30 pm thats always an R32. and it comes into stillwell not ave X like the other (F) put in trains. And to see the R110As you take the (2) to 241th street the last stop and 239th street yard is right next to micdonds and theres a big gate where you see over the whole yard and you will see one of the R110A sets sitting in the yard. And the other five car set is on the upper level you can see part of it but not the whole set. But after the (2) train leaves 238th street station 241 st bound look out the right side of the train and you will get a clear view of the R110A set on the upper level.

the (J) and (M) lines are great for railfanning that the R42s are about to be repalced with R160s so you could get your last rides in on those lines..

But thats about it hope you fun railfanning are great subway system!!!

Thanks a lot! I'll definitely use this information. I almost forgot about the (J) and (M) lines... I meant to RFW them sometime, but I better get it in soon before we lose a lot to the R160s.

Thanks a lot! I'll definitely use this information. I almost forgot about the (J) and (M) lines... I meant to RFW them sometime, but I better get it in soon before we lose a lot to the R160s.

Manhattan bound (J) from Parsons right around sun set used to be a favorite with an ex girlfriend who was willing to put up with me wanting to ride the trains...

...and no thats not why she's an "ex" girlfriend... :)

Manhattan bound (J) from Parsons right around sun set used to be a favorite with an ex girlfriend who was willing to put up with me wanting to ride the trains...

...and no thats not why she's an "ex" girlfriend... :)

Ha ha... that seems to be my trouble. Most seem to think the subway is "dirty," but I do have the NYC card :). I guess it would have worked better if I was there on a weekend, but flights (yay Air Train) were cheaper on monday. I'll be sure to post pictures and videos when I get back and unload all my stuff. But by all means, the offer still stands.

I guess nobody can come as usual.

You have to understand, most on these boards who go on rail-fanning trips together, met during trips, and found out they are on the same board. Most didn't decide to go on a trip together, due to someone from a board asking. To hang out with people, and not be by yourself, you have to go on planned trips (i.e., museum/nostalgia trips). I understand you love the subway, but when you come to N.Y., if you use the system, take pics along the way. Don't come to N.Y. planning on riding the system, with people from the boards. There are too many other things to do here. Go to a mall, wink at the 16 year old girls, find one who want a country young man (you'll be surprised). If you have relatives/friends here, go out and hang out in a safe place/party. This goes for any others who ask people to join them. I'm just being honest, since some of you seem to feel let down that you will be by yourself rail-fanning.

You will have your chance to rail-fan everyday soon enough..........Hope you will like it then.

You have to understand, most on these boards who go on rail-fanning trips together, met during trips, and found out they are on the same board. Most didn't decide to go on a trip together, due to someone from a board asking. To hang out with people, and not be by yourself, you have to go on planned trips (i.e., museum/nostalgia trips). I understand you love the subway, but when you come to N.Y., if you use the system, take pics along the way. Don't come to N.Y. planning on riding the system, with people from the boards. There are too many other things to do here. Go to a mall, wink at the 16 year old girls, find one who want a country young man (you'll be surprised). If you have relatives/friends here, go out and hang out in a safe place/party. This goes for any others who ask people to join them. I'm just being honest, since some of you seem to feel let down that you will be by yourself rail-fanning.

You will have your chance to rail-fan everyday soon enough..........Hope you will like it then.

Indeed, I know what you're saying. The thing that sucks for me is that I never really get to go on the museum trips and what not due to being way the heck out of state, somehow their dates always fall when I can't make it. But trust me, we do more than just ride the subway, but I was planning on having a friend come with me this time, but he backed out at the last minute, leaving me high and dry. Apparently 3 days was too "short" for such an expensive trip. So with little plans left, I reverted to my backup of rail fanning (not that I wouldn't anyway, he like the subway too), but it just makes it better to not be the only one riding around.

PS, this was posted from some iffy wifi, I'll post pics later.

Don't forget the (7)(7x):)

I like the (7)(7x), and not just for mets games either. It's a nice ride, and takes you from a historic area where you have the worlds' fair grounds & shea stadium & Arthur Ashe stadium right into midtown and times square.

- Andy

Shockingly i've only taken the (7x) and (7) once, usually i'm too late and dash from njtransit to lirr. Not this season though, this thursday i'm going a whole 6 hours early, meeting some folk & heading off on LIRR there, (7) back ((7x) if they lose).

Also a cool trip but photoing is a bit eh is the path system, you can use your metrocard too so its easy enough.

- Andy

Archived