"Young Woman Drops Her New Cellular Telephone, Gets Her Arm Wedged For Twelve Hours"

EE Broadway Local

The twenty-one year old student was text messaging a friend when she dropped her new cellular telephone in the toilet at her school. Reaching for it, her arm became wedged; Embarrassed to call for help, she tried to free her arm for eight hours before finally doing so (Yelling for help). Unfortunately she fainted. Good news: She was rescued after twelve hours.

No word on her condition or the fate of her new cell phone.

Story And Photo From London's Daily Mirror newspaper: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-world/2008/08/19/she-ll-lav-to-call-you-back-115875-22497553/

The twenty-one year old student was text messaging a friend when she dropped her new cellular telephone in the toilet at her school. Reaching for it, her arm became wedged; Embarrassed to call for help, she tried to free her arm for eight hours before finally doing so (Yelling for help). Unfortunately she fainted. Good news: She was rescued after twelve hours.

No word on her condition or the fate of her new cell phone.

Story And Photo From London's Daily Mirror newspaper: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-world/2008/08/19/she-ll-lav-to-call-you-back-115875-22497553/

It probably would have been much easier for her to call maintenance......

Btw, I think it's safe to say that the cell phone is inoperable. Not for nothing, I don't see the logic of reaching in a toilet for a phone like it's going to be fine.

Is it just me or is a typical American more stupid then I thought. Anyway the Cellphone no longer works and if her arm was down there long enough she caught gangrene and lost her arm. I mean how stupid and dense can a person be. :cool:

Usually when calling Americans stupid, it's best to make sure you're using the right words. It's "than I thought" not "then I thought" in the context of your sentence.

I deride you for this because this happened in China, not the US.

I know too many people who have dropped their phones in the toilet. Handle your business first and then text or talk on the phone. I don't even bring my phone into the bathroom and if i'm in a public restroom, I keep it in my pocket. Many people are too technologically dependent these days.

Archived