Does Anyone Know Why T BiLevel is at Kawasaki Plant?

FamousNYLover

Today on 6:41am Poughkeepsie Semi Express and 4:40pm Poughkeepsie Departure which was Grand Central Express at Croton-Harmon, I caught MBTA T BiLevel Commuter Rail sitting by Kawasaki Plant.

Does anyone know what it's doing there?

I have pic coming up later, but not very good photo.

So, stay tuned.

Today on 6:41am Poughkeepsie Semi Express and 4:40pm Poughkeepsie Departure which was Grand Central Express at Croton-Harmon, I caught MBTA T BiLevel Commuter Rail sitting by Kawasaki Plant.

Does anyone know what it's doing there?

I have pic coming up later, but not very good photo.

So, stay tuned.

I saw it when coming from Saratoga....and it's probably there because the MBTA took an order.

I saw it when coming from Saratoga....and it's probably there because the MBTA took an order.

what is that supposed to mean?? MBTA is only recieving Rotem Bi levels at this time... kawasaki finished their order back in 06 or so. i've seen the bi level. it's probably just there for some kind of unspecified work... i doubt that its warranty since i would think that would have expired by now.

Those MBTA Bi-levels have been sitting in Croton North Yard (CSX Freight) for some time now. Because they are made by Kawasaki, When a car made by them needs serious work, it goes to Yonkers. Its the same with Bombardier. When there is a problem for example a while ago an M7A pair that caught on fire needed to be sent back to the factory, They put the cars in with freight.

Archived