Is the G train still around?

Like the SIR, the G was unique in being a lightrail that did NOT go into Manhattan at all.

Is the G still around? I remember hearing the G was getting scrapped. That was a few years ago now.

Am I remembering correctly that the G, along with the SIR, was one of NYCT's few, if only 2, trains that didn't go into Manhattan at all?

Like the SIR, the G was unique in being a lightrail that did NOT go into Manhattan at all.

Is the G still around? I remember hearing the G was getting scrapped. That was a few years ago now.

Am I remembering correctly that the G, along with the SIR, was one of NYCT's few, if only 2, trains that didn't go into Manhattan at all?

1. The (G) is not a light-rail, it's a full-fledged subway.

2. Yes, the (G) is still around. Look on the MTA map.

3. Correct. The (G) does not go into Manhattan.

um....WOW

Yeah, the (G) is still around, though the Queens part of its' Brooklyn-Queens Crosstown Line name is only two stations - Long Island City-Court Square, and 21st Street-Van Alst. Last I heard, the (G) generally is four R46 cars.

When the (V) started running on December 17, 2001, that pretty much did it for the (G) on Queens Boulevard between Continental Avenue and Court Square, though the (G) hung on until June 27th.

Last year, the (G) returned to Kensington-Church Avenue for the first time since Friday August 27, 1976. Both (G) and (F) trains make all stops between Smith-Ninth Streets and Church Avenue.

Yes the (G) still around it runs between Church Avenue and Court Sq. It's very sad that you don't know. It's basically a glorified shuttle train now.

img_112393.jpg

GTrain-e1264194117440.jpg

Old map but you get the idea. Also from the picture above the map you could tell they are R46's. They are heavy cars not light rail cars where do you get that information. Maybe some dumb person type it into Wikipedia.

Of course, (G) is still around. It's subway, not Lightrail.

Just like B61 or BQE, (G) does not go into Manhattan.

(G) serves major growing development city and at past Queens Public Hearing, (G) riders were protesting about restoring service through Queens Blvd.

I have taken (G) many times, even (G) Shuttle Bus when train was not running due to G.O.

Archived