Brian McNamee's grand slam Queens smashup

TransitGuy

Brian McNamee's Lexus is badly damaged Thursday afternoon after rear-ending another car and slamming head-on into bus in Far Rockaway, Queens. He was uninjured in the crash.

0321_clemens_accident.jpg

Brian McNamee's grand slam Queens smashup

BY ALISON GENDAR and RICH SCHAPIRO

DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Friday, March 21st 2008, 4:00 AM

Roger Clemens' former trainer Brian McNamee smashed his Lexus into a city bus in Queens yesterday after blacking out behind the wheel, authorities said.

McNamee was heading westbound on Central Ave. near Beach 11th St. in Far Rockaway when he rear-ended another car and careened into the bus head-on around 12:30 p.m., cops said.

The former Yankees trainer who confessed to providing performance-enhancing drugs to some of the biggest names in baseball told cops he fainted from his diabetes and then "woke up in front of a bus."

There were five people on board at the time, but none were seriously injured, cops said. Kenneth Hines, 26, the driver of the car McNamee struck complained of neck pain and was taken to St. John's Episcopal Hospital in Far Rockaway.

A witness said McNamee, who was uninjured in the crash, did not appear drunk after the midday wreck.

McNamee was thrust into the spotlight early this year after he told investigators he had administered steroids and human growth hormone to several Yankees stars, including Roger Clemens, Andy Pettitte and Chuck Knoblauch.

Old news but honestly what are the odds of this happening? :)

I saw that on TMZ. Very interesting. I wonder how the bus is doing? Thats only 1 of 2 D60's left at BP.

According to someone on another board, the bus was brought back to Baisley Park and doesn't seem to be damaged badly. I myself would expect to see it within a month easily (it looks like the bus just needs a new bumper). Also, I believe BP has at least 6 artics.

According to someone on another board, the bus was brought back to Baisley Park and doesn't seem to be damaged badly. I myself would expect to see it within a month easily (it looks like the bus just needs a new bumper). Also, I believe BP has at least 6 artics.

A B/O from BP told me that all but 5350, and 5351 went back to Gun Hill last week.

I saw that on TMZ. Very interesting. I wonder how the bus is doing? Thats only 1 of 2 D60's left at BP.

The bus was barely damaged and was able to report back to the garage on its own. Nothing serious to the bus, but same can't be said about that Lexus.

Archived