Fulton St Line

Calvin

So how do u like the summer 2010 so far with the R46s on the (A) and R44s running on (C).

I was wondering why 207 St Yard cant just repair all of 264 R44s and send them to the (C) instead of scrapping R44s and put the remaining 64 on the (C). Mostly pepole riding on (C) to Manhattan is worse because of R32s AC but, can the R44s just be reapired and fix the problems that occur to 264 R44s and put them back on (C) service and retire some R32s instead.When the fall 2010 pic starts on Sept.12 2010, R44s are gone:(.I wish they stayed more on the (C) to provide full length trains for passenger service.

So what would you like to see:

*would you want R44s to stay longer?

*would you want the remaining R32s to be full length?

So how do u like the summer 2010 so far with the R46s on the (A) and R44s running on (C).

I was wondering why 207 St Yard cant just repair all of 264 R44s and send them to the (C) instead of scrapping R44s and put the remaining 64 on the (C). Mostly pepole riding on (C) to Manhattan is worse because of R32s AC but, can the R44s just be reapired and fix the problems that occur to 264 R44s and put them back on (C) service and retire some R32s instead.When the fall 2010 pic starts on Sept.12 2010, R44s are gone:(.I wish they stayed more on the (C) to provide full length trains for passenger service.

Doesn't matter. Same story, different day. The R44s are going. With their integrity going, its best to retire them all instead of throwing how more money to repair them. (Which is dependent on the fact on how effective the repairs would be)

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

The R44s have frame issues that can't be fixed...they're time is comming soon. The R32s are being fixed as we speak at ENY. Anf for the last time there isn't enough cars to make the (C) full length

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

The R44s have frame issues that can't be fixed...they're time is comming soon. The R32s are being fixed as we speak at ENY. Anf for the last time there isn't enough cars to make the (C) full length

There is for the 100th time, 244 R32's are at 207th, the (C) only uses 144 cars 8 car trainsets, so yes the (C) can go full length, I know because the yard has all the current R32's in service and 244 cars is 24 10 car trainsets, the (C) only uses 17 plus 1 for gap train, so yeah they have enough.

As for the R44's, say good bye, they are done

as for Fulton St line, The Most Boring IND Line in the system, to many damn timers, on the Local its not a problem.

Why do we have to talk about this subject a million times not being mean or rude. The (A), and the (C) will not get full length or new cars until the old cars the R32's time is up. The R32 will be replaced by the hypothetical R179 order. Which the (MTA) mentions would come on 2015. When the first orders come and when they find a contractor we will tell you but right now they aren't even ready. They don't have an exact date. The (MTA) doesn't even know when they will choose the contractors yet. The R44's are going now no matter how much you want them. There are issues they can't fix and their times up.

There is for the 100th time, 244 R32's are at 207th, the (C) only uses 144 cars 8 car trainsets, so yes the (C) can go full length, I know because the yard has all the current R32's in service and 244 cars is 24 10 car trainsets, the (C) only uses 17 plus 1 for gap train, so yeah they have enough.

As for the R44's, say good bye, they are done

as for Fulton St line, The Most Boring IND Line in the system, to many damn timers, on the Local its not a problem.

Since they're being fixed right now, there isn't enough trains for 10-car ©'s

Why do we have to talk about this subject a million times not being mean or rude. The (A), and the (C) will not get full length or new cars until the old cars the R32's time is up. The R32 will be replaced by the hypothetical R188 order. Which the (MTA) mentions would come on 2015. When the first orders come and when they find a contractor we will tell you but right now they aren't even ready. They don't have an exact date. The (MTA) doesn't even know when they will choose the contractors yet. The R44's are going now matter how much you want them. There are issues they can't fix and their times up.

Wrong division there buddy lol...188s are for the (7)...your thinking about the mythical R179

Why do we have to talk about this subject a million times not being mean or rude. The (A), and the (C) will not get full length or new cars until the old cars the R32's time is up. The R32 will be replaced by the hypothetical R188 order. Which the (MTA) mentions would come on 2015. When the first orders come and when they find a contractor we will tell you but right now they aren't even ready. They don't have an exact date. The (MTA) doesn't even know when they will choose the contractors yet.

WRONG, its R179's and that's 5 years from now, anything can happen at anytime, I don't get how all of you think the (C) is going to stay 8 cars for 5 more years, I don't see that happening, 8th ave is a heavy used line, between hoyt and Nostrand ridership is growing on the (C), It takes one passenger to fall off the tracks due to running for the train, and Boom 10 cars the very next week, not for nothing but the (C) really do need to be full length, back then the (C) was fine with 8 cars but now its a different story, I know people who complained about this for awhile now, I don't see all the R32's staying on the (C) for the next 5 years, trust me, something will change, its just a matter of time.

Since they're being fixed right now, there isn't enough trains for 10-car ©'s

I know that, Im talking about later on when the problems are fixed.

Okay so this would be the configuration right now. There are about 240 R32's right now. If they run in a 10 car configuration there would be only 24 R32 trains. If the run in a 8 car configuration there would 30 R32 trains. So if it has to be in a 10 car configuration. There would be much less frequent (C) trains. That would mean less service and longer waiting time for a (C) train. You are sacrificing service for luxury.

Okay so this would be the configuration right now. There are about 240 R32's right now. If they run in a 10 car configuration there would be only 24 R32 trains. If the run in a 8 car configuration there would 30 R32 trains. So if it has to be in a 10 car configuration. There would be much less frequent (C) trains. That would mean less service and longer waiting time for a (C) train.

Nope, if you have 24 trainsets Of R32's, the (C) uses 17 8 car R32 trainsets 144 cars plus gap train totaling up to 152 cars, if it was 10 cars, it would only use 170 R32 cars plus an addtional set for gap service totaling to 180, then you will have about 5 trainsets, 50 cars in the yard for spares.

WRONG, its R179's and that's 5 years from now, anything can happen at anytime, I don't get how all of you think the (C) is going to stay 8 cars for 5 more years, I don't see that happening, 8th ave is a heavy used line, between hoyt and Nostrand ridership is growing on the (C), It takes one passenger to fall off the tracks due to running for the train, and Boom 10 cars the very next week, not for nothing but the (C) really do need to be full length, back then the (C) was fine with 8 cars but now its a different story, I know people who complained about this for awhile now, I don't see all the R32's staying on the (C) for the next 5 years, trust me, something will change, its just a matter of time.

Never heard of that happening so far on the (C) even when the R40/R42s were there with their special stopping positions so I don't see the problem now

It just sounds like you guys are sacrificing speed and service for luxury and comfort. Off topic but it sounds like the 20th century when they replaced high speed ships like the Mauretania for the Olympic.

LOL, and the funny thing is they both got scraped at the same time and on the same day, They should have reserved the Olympic, one of my favorite ships

and at Fresh Pond

I seen that for myself.

Boring? Maybe so, but interesting:

*Shepherd Avenue (A)(C): Features a U-turn down a short passageway to reach the stairway to the mezzanine;

*High Street-Brooklyn Bridge (A)(C): Like Broadway-Nassau Street (A)(C), an interestingly shaped station;

*Hoyt Street-Schmerhorn Street (A)(C)(G): This station features six tracks;

*Grant Avenue (A): At the southern end of the platform is the portal and connection to the Fulton Street El; Upstairs there is a neat headhouse on Grant Avenue to this station;

*Euclid Avenue (A)(C): Gateway to one of the best intersections in East New York - Euclid and Pitken Avenues;

*Nostrand Avenue (A)(C): Unique two level station on Fulton Street;

*Utica Avenue (A)(C): Nicely remodeled station;

*Jay Street-Borough Hall (A)(C)(F): Neat station for the amount of entrances/exits

Its not boring. The segment between Nostrand & Utica Queens-bound is pretty damn fast, trains can hit 45 mph, sometimes faster

And then they added the timer upon entering Utica Avenue....

And then they added the timer upon entering Utica Avenue....

The timer isn't until about madway into the station, they can still hit 45 before then, although they have to brake real early

• 2 weeks later...

Archived