30 new Conductors/T/Os for October classes

Andrew

I heard this today from a schoolcar instructor while he was evaulating me.

There will be a class for 30 T/Os and 30 conductors in October.He didn't say what list it will be from but said most likely from the new one.

It sounds like he is referring to the #8094 OC list of almost 15,000. If he's correct then that must mean the promo list is through which somehow I find unlikely.

How's the situation down there amongst To's and conductors? Any word or sign of a mass exodus of retirees coming real soon? hehehehe.

:o I hope its off the new list

There will be a class for 30 T/Os and 30 conductors in October.He didn't say what list it will be from but said most likely from the new one.

Obvisoulsy I have no idea but for some reason I think within the next few years there will be alot of retirees, maybe we have a shot :o

It sounds like he is referring to the #8094 OC list of almost 15,000. If he's correct then that must mean the promo list is through which somehow I find unlikely.

How's the situation down there amongst To's and conductors? Any word or sign of a mass exodus of retirees coming real soon? hehehehe.

Obvisoulsy I have no idea but for some reason I think within the next few years there will be alot of retirees, maybe we have a shot :o

Well im actually confident one day I'll hear from the MTA, it's just that we'll have to wait so dam long lol. Many factors indicate this list to go into the 2500's, that is of course if it wasn't for this recession were in. I mean, would you retire in your 40's or 50's with the way things are, I wouldn't. You need to have stuff lined up reeeal nicely for you to retire in these current conditions. I'm finding it more and more difficult to even get called up for an interview these days and when it happens it feels right away that the company is simply filling some kind of job interview quota and isn't at all interested in hiring. Back around 5-6 years ago when I thought I'de be at least stable enough financially, I'de look at TW, VZ, ConEd and several other corporations and they would have dozens and dozens of positions available in your area. These days I go looking and find 5 jobs, 6 jobs. And mind you they are usually white collarish marketing positions. It's like everything is completely exhausted or nonexistent, eerie eerie indeed and several other cities have it worse. I'm starting to get the feeling were actually in a whole heap of even bigger trouble but no one is telling and then boom! market collapse.

You guys have way too much hope, the next class of cr's if there are any will be from the promotional list same goes for to promotional as well. There are still 333 names left on the promotional for cr and the to promo list is over 800 names long. Guys go on with your lives and stop thinking about the mta. It will be a long time if you ever get called.

you guys have way too much hope, the next class of cr's if there are any will be from the promotional list same goes for to promotional as well. There are still 333 names left on the promotional for cr and the to promo list is over 800 names long. Guys go on with your lives and stop thinking about the mta. It will be a long time if you ever get called.

yeah, they may not hire ever again.

U never know..is it a longshot??? I dont need the job but want the job if it makes sense. But you have to be positive man...no1 knows for sure whats going to happen in the next 4yrs..ppl say they are going to hire ppl say they arent this is whats makes it fun in a way, but I like to see a Class hopefully starting already fun fun fun

You guys have way too much hope, the next class of cr's if there are any will be from the promotional list same goes for to promotional as well. There are still 333 names left on the promotional for cr and the to promo list is over 800 names long. Guys go on with your lives and stop thinking about the mta. It will be a long time if you ever get called.

I'm wondering if any of the recently laid off S/As, B/Os, or Car Inspectors will get an opportunity to fill these jobs. Last that was discussed here, IIRC said that it would not be in keeping with civil service law for that to happen. But if some provision is made for them to be put ahead of those on these lists, it could delay them even longer.

Well primo after all this time after the exam I've certainly been on with my life, but I cant see why you think this horse is completely dead. The ball is rolling slowly it's only bound to pick up sooner or later. At least at the moment they are calling 30 would be employees and not 15 like I though would happen. The 02 conductor exam takers made it to over 2000 names without mention of massive retirees, unlike us. I think were going to be getting a much clearer picture of what and how it's gonna happen AFTER these October call ups.

I'm wondering if any of the recently laid off S/As, B/Os, or Car Inspectors will get an opportunity to fill these jobs. Last that was discussed here, IIRC said that it would not be in keeping with civil service law for that to happen. But if some provision is made for them to be put ahead of those on these lists, it could delay them even longer.

I cant see this happening whatsoever. Chiefly because it wouldn't make any difference at all to the union's bottom line as they still have to wait the same amount of time to get these unfortunate people back paying their union dues. And since it looks as if the MTA treats everyone like cattle why would they bother developing any new provisions which they will then most likely have to uphold the next time any layoffs happen.

The only station agents and bus operators that can get a promotion

are the ones that are on the promotional list. The mta cannot promote these laid off

workers without them being on a list . So if any of the laid off workers

are on a promotional list them their name is "active" for purposes

of promotion only .

Can someone update and confirm when they find out which T/O list they will be taking it from (2085 or 8098). When in October will they have the class? The 2085 list is schedule to expire in October 4. Has the promotional list been establish for the 8098?

From what i found out its going to be from the Promotional List(Maybe Alex L can verify which one).

How did you hear about this info with all these cuts, and layoffs that is going on with transit? I'm on the list for both B/O, and for conductor.

From what i found out its going to be from the Promotional List(Maybe Alex L can verify which one).

Can anyone on the 8098 T/O promotional list verify and update when the list will be certified? Wouldn't they have to send out letters a few weeks before class start? If they are going to hire from the 8090 prom list, wouldn't it have to be certified already? Wouldn't they have to use the old 2085 list if its not schedule to expire until Oct 4 unless the class will be toward the end of October. Any knowledgeable input?

Can anyone on the 8098 T/O promotional list verify and update when the list will be certified? Wouldn't they have to send out letters a few weeks before class start? If they are going to hire from the 8090 prom list, wouldn't it have to be certified already? Wouldn't they have to use the old 2085 list if its not schedule to expire until Oct 4 unless the class will be toward the end of October. Any knowledgeable input?

Agree:tup:

How did you hear about this info with all these cuts, and layoffs that is going on with transit? I'm on the list for both B/O, and for conductor.

It's going to be a very long time before they start calling from the 8006 B/O list that both of us are on. It seems like TA wasn't hit as hard, mabstoa got the most B/O layoffs.

They have to bring back those that were let go first, finish the 5025 list(around 1,000 #'s left)then the 8006. I know you are deep into the list but it's a small one(3758).

The 8006 list was established about 1 year ago. It will get extended no doubt by civil service law.(set to expire Aug/2013.)

the list is out. we have our list numbers. the thing is i dont see them hiring just 30 t/os because they are going to send some tss's back to t/o. also why hire 30 c'rs when they just sent 70 atd's and tower op's back to c/r in the a div alone. i know they tell school car one thing but they are not calling the shots. there are road tss's saying there is a list of 500 c/r's to lay off. so dont get your hopes up.

It's going to be a very long time before they start calling from the 8006 B/O list that both of us are on. It seems like TA wasn't hit as hard, mabstoa got the most B/O layoffs.

They have to bring back those that were let go first, finish the 5025 list(around 1,000 #'s left)then the 8006. I know you are deep into the list but it's a small one(3758).

The 8006 list was established about 1 year ago. It will get extended no doubt by civil service law.(set to expire Aug/2013.)

The way how things are going it is going to be a very long time before they start calling from the list from the exam that we took. In my opinion I'm not depending on transit at this time the way how things are going with them. I'm just looking else where....

the list is out. we have our list numbers. the thing is i dont see them hiring just 30 t/os because they are going to send some tss's back to t/o. also why hire 30 c'rs when they just sent 70 atd's and tower op's back to c/r in the a div alone. i know they tell school car one thing but they are not calling the shots. there are road tss's saying there is a list of 500 c/r's to lay off. so dont get your hopes up.

25 ATDs and TW/Os were sent back to C/R from both divisions together - 7 from the A and 18 from the B.

The Road TSSs should stop spreading rumors about people being returned to previous titles, because until we actually see someone with a letter, that's all it is - a RUMOR.

At this time, all reports of people being sent back have as much verifiable truth as the most recent sighting of the Yeti in New Jersey. School Car has been told that there will be 30 T/Os and 20 C/R hired between September and October; however, we have been told this before, only to have the classes canceled at the last minute. Therefore, we are just waiting to se what happens.

Archived