Hurricane Earl. Could this be our turn next.

St Louis Car 09

I'll be up in bayonne i think, if it gets stormy i'll get video & photos for all of you to see, especially exchange place & perhaps hoboken terminal. We'll see what happens.

I was up there in the big blizzard in feb, was so amazing, rode from trenton to newark penn, snow got heavier the newark light rail snow got heavier, into hoboken terminal snow was so thick couldnt even see manhattan & on my ride down on the HBLR you could barely see 50 feet out the window. Would love to see a storm like this in person, only worry is JC/hoboken/bayonne is very low lying in spots, lot of flooding of basements is common even in a regular bit of rainy days.

- A

That's not really true man. It shows the wind speed of the hurricane. It doesn't show the rain bands or the outer winds. Hurricanes are a giant rotating top that creates a lot wind. Either you get hit by the side of the top. Or you are right below the top. That map shows if you are right below the top. The least amount of wind New York would get would be about 37-50 mph. You would only get 3 inches of rain with that. It's pretty much just a bad thunderstorm. To put it in meteorology it's just a tropical storm wind speed and rain status. It's weak.

Damn. This would mean we get hit with 80 MPH winds when it hits. Better take care of everything on the Internet I need to do in case there is a blackout.

Not true. NYC is not going to get hit directly by this storm. We are outside of the projected path if you look at that map closely. We will get hit with rain but that's about it. Also, the close you are to the edge of the projected path the less likely you will be hit by it. The only part of NY that is in that path is Montauk, and that's only at the very edge. The worst we are getting is a gusty thunderstorm.

Not true. NYC is not going to get hit directly by this storm. We are outside of the projected path if you look at that map closely. We will get hit with rain but that's about it. Also, the close you are to the edge of the projected path the less likely you will be hit by it. The only part of NY that is in that path is Montauk, and that's only at the very edge. The worst we are getting is a gusty thunderstorm.

Unless you plan to go to Cape Cod, Northern New England or Nova Scotia, for the Labor Day weekend the Eastern seaboard will only get few inches of a rain, like a mild Norteaster. Then Saturday-Holiday Monday is supposed to be seasonal temps for Early Sept. between 75-80 degrees.

The path is for the eye of the hurricane, not the entire thing, the bands are gonna swing out as far into Upstate NY, so were still gonna get hit by it regardless, but not directly as for the eye of the hurricane goes. We wont get the 100 MPH winds, but we will get winds ranging from 35 MPH To 75 MPH with moderate to heavy rain, which are Tropical Storm force. Which is why NYC got a Tropical Storm Watch in effect which will turn into a Warning by tonight or tomorrow.

The path is for the eye of the hurricane, not the entire thing, the bands are gonna swing out as far into Upstate NY, so were still gonna get hit by it regardless, but not directly as for the eye of the hurricane goes. We wont get the 100 MPH winds, but we will get winds ranging from 35 MPH To 75 MPH with moderate to heavy rain, which are Tropical Storm force. Which is why NYC got a Tropical Storm Watch in effect which will turn into a Warning by tonight or tomorrow.

So basically a gusty thunderstorm...

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Damn, I gotta work on Friday :mad:...sometimes I hate working by the water lol

I know where you work lol you work by the pond right well it was easy to guess this cuz I'm so ....Fresh lol with ideas and your gonna get washed away with the tides lol

So if I were you I would jump on that Ducky in your Avatar and hope Earl doesn't get you lol LMAO

Come on Earl Hit me and put some stank on it .... I got through Gloria and I'll get through you , all I gotta do is call up My Secret Weapons .... MotherTrucker and Maniac (2) of the meanest , Craziest , Foamers I've ever seen LMAO

I know where you work lol you work by the pond right well it was easy to guess this cuz I'm so ....Fresh lol with ideas and your gonna get washed away with the tides lol

So if I were you I would jump on that Ducky in your Avatar and hope Earl doesn't get you lol LMAO

Come on Earl Hit me and put some stank on it .... I got through Gloria and I'll get through you , all I gotta do is call up My Secret Weapons .... MotherTrucker and Maniac (2) of the meanest , Craziest , Foamers I've ever seen LMAO

LMAO. I tell Earl's Mom, Katrina on you and to get grounded Micheal Knight.;)

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

I know where you work lol you work by the pond right well it was easy to guess this cuz I'm so ....Fresh lol with ideas and your gonna get washed away with the tides lol...

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I LIVE by the pond I don't work there

...ironically, I work at a place called Waterside Plaza ;)

Updates. As of 11pm these Earl bullentins. 1)I think Sea Beach created it but if anyone has plans tommorrow (Friday 9/3/10)to go to the Hamptons and Montauk via LIRR, you out of luck. 2)Tropical Storm Warning in now effect for entire NJ Shore and Eastern Suffolk on LI.

Plus Mr. Earl is supposed to hit the Carolina coast Friday morning between 2-4am.

So basically a gusty thunderstorm...

Pretty much

LMAO. I lol'd so hard when I read this.

No, Hurricanes dont produce thunderstorms, but can spawn tornadoes which can produce a thunderstorm........

Hurricanes do produce thunderstorms, its all about the climate & its low and high pressure system with this. Dont you remember a few years back when we got hit back in the mid-2000s, we had thunderstorms, strong ones at that. Hurricanes can produce tornadoes, hail, strong thunderstorms and such, it all depends on the climate & the low & high pressure system. The last time we had hail was in the 90s. In most cases, these types of storms are unpredictable because of rapid climate changes.

Archived