Hurricane Earl. Could this be our turn next.

St Louis Car 09

A non event for just about all of us on here, until the next hurricane watch.....:eek:

Correction Locomotion. You mean here upstate in the Hudson River Valley about 50-plus miles from the city, it's a 'non-event.' Cloudy slight chance of rain maybe 1/2 inch and 80 degress.(heat wave is over)

Even in NYC Metro(not counting Eastern LI) you guys might get an inch or so of rain and some winds.

Correction Locomotion. You mean here upstate in the Hudson River Valley about 50-plus miles from the city, it's a 'non-event.' Cloudy slight chance of rain maybe 1/2 inch and 80 degress.(heat wave is over)

Even in NYC Metro(not counting Eastern LI) you guys might get an inch or so of rain and some winds.

PS. Anyone watching the tv coverage Earl is receiving?

Don't get me wrong. I don't ever want a Category 3+ hurricane to ever hit us (even though it will eventually happen). The storm surge from that alone could entirely flood a large part of the city. Earl though was not as big a threat since it wasn't directly going to hit us in the first place...

Earl is gone from NY/NJ area. As of 11pm last night (9/3/10)only minor flooding and few power outages on Eastern LI.

Storm as I write this is near Cape Cod and should be by later today(Saturday 9/4/10)over Nova Scotia and then die out in the Atlantic.

Looks like the eastern seaboard dodged a storm.:eek:

Did we get a hurricane in early September 2008? I remember TONS of doubleheaders in eastern cities on Sunday September 7 because of a hurricane the day before. In addition, while watching Rams-Eagles on Sunday, I remember Moose saying something like "it does not look like there was a hurricane yesterday" (referring to the excellent weather on Sunday).

This was the most boring Hurricane ever.

Part of reason, for the extensive news coverage for this storm is that it's a 'slow news' period right now. You can only report on the tanking economy, the upcoming "national mid term' elections and Paris Hilton being busted for herion/cocaine for so long. P:confused:lus this storm was never a monster like Katrina or Andrew which both were Cat. 5 storms. Earl at it's peak was only a Cat. 3 I believe.

Still being fair, hurricanes are unpredictable and in the post Katrina world especially from the Weather Channel and the 24/7 Cable News stations of CNN, Fox News and MSNBC,any possible big hurricanes will get coverage like it or not.

Archived