Next Part of the Rockaways & Brighton Stations Rehab

NX Express

Damn... cant wait til they remove that POS temp. platform. Also when does the (B) express comes back

They're probably just going to move it to the Coney-Island bound express track, for when the (Q) runs express from Kings Highway to Newkirk Avenue.

The (B) express comes back in 2011.:o

This is also when they will probably remove the track connection from the local to the express at Cortelyou! So, railfans, get your cameras ready!

Also: Next Part of the Brighton Rehab:

QRehab.jpg

This is probably when they will be towing away the temporary platform at Avenue J!

That weekend is one of shuttle buses:

No (G) Court-Beford

No (M)

No (H)

No (3)

No (2) 96-149

No (Q) Prospect-CI

Also:

(A)(S) Rockaway Park-bound trains skip Beach 90 and Beach 105 Sts due to station rehabilitation

Beginning Tuesday, Sep 7, 12:01 AM until Spring 2011

Why do contractors start on the next platform when they haven't finished the one they started first?

To minimize the amount of time certain riders have to be inconvenienced. Platforms aren't finished when they reopen, but it's all work that doesn't require that the platform be closed indefinitely.

No (G) Court-Beford

No (M)

No (H)

No (3)

No (2) 96-149

No (Q) Prospect-CI

Also:

Holy crap, thank god the LIRR problem is fixed. Looks like there'll be a need for a 'boat load' of buses on the streets. I really hope they don't run like 1 bus for every train car. I mean for 'low use lines' like the (G)(H)(M), wouldn't at most 2 buses per train be enough?

Holy crap, thank god the LIRR problem is fixed. Looks like there'll be a need for a 'boat load' of buses on the streets. I really hope they don't run like 1 bus for every train car. I mean for 'low use lines' like the (G)(H)(M), wouldn't at most 2 buses per train be enough?
on the weekends the (M) is still heavy used its like SRO on those Buses that go to and from metro.

As for the (H) idk

As for the (G) mabey 3buses would work.

No (G) Court-Beford

No (M)

No (H)

No (3)

No (2) 96-149

No (Q) Prospect-CI

:eek::eek: That might turn into a major overtime disaster, since some B/Os might not want to work due to the 9/11 anniversary.

Why do contractors start on the next platform when they haven't finished the one they started first?

The Av H platform is almost done...a bit more work on Av M. Av H even has turnstiles.

Also:

(Q) Coney Island-bound trains skip Avenue J

Weekend, 12:01 AM Sat to midnight Sun, Sep 18 - 19

For service to this station, take the (Q) to Avenue M and transfer to a 57 St/7 Av-bound (Q).

For service from this station, take a 57 St/7 Av-bound (Q) to Avenue H and

transfer to a Coney Island-bound (Q).

Also, the shuttle bus will also be on the weekend of Sept 25, IIRC.

I'm just wondering what they'll do with Avenue J. It's got a curious setup.

(Q) trains will run on the local in both directions, but won't stop at Avenue J because it needs more time to be finished than H and M. (next weekend)

After that, the current setup will occur in reverse...Manhattan-bound trains run express from Kings Hwy to Newkirk, using temporary platforms at Kings Hwy and Av J.

(Q) trains will run on the local in both directions, but won't stop at Avenue J because it needs more time to be finished than H and M. (next weekend)

After that, the current setup will occur in reverse...Manhattan-bound trains run express from Kings Hwy to Newkirk, using temporary platforms at Kings Hwy and Av J.

I knew that already, but layout-wise I'm wondering where the temporary platform will be placed and which permanent platform it'll be connected to.

Why are they removing the track connection?

They are removing it so that regular local service can resume...without going to the express track.

I knew that already, but layout-wise I'm wondering where the temporary platform will be placed and which permanent platform it'll be connected to.

The temp platform will probably be on the Coney Island-bound express track, and it might either connect to the Coney Island-bound platform or the (closed) Manhattan-bound platform.

So basically Manhattan Bound will have a mini Express from Brighton to Newkirk only stopping at Avenue J.

LIRR problem fixed? -laughs- Not by a long shot.Wait till the time comes when there will be no LIRR from Penn to Jamaica.And it will happen before years end.

And why would that be?

Weekends of October 23 and November 6: The actual replacement of the old interlockings on both sides of Jamaica with the computer-controlled ones. The temporary replacement was only designed to last till then.

Weekends of October 23 and November 6: The actual replacement of the old interlockings on both sides of Jamaica with the computer-controlled ones. The temporary replacement was only designed to last till then.

I'm assuming that the subway will just cross-honor fares at Jamaica and Penn.

So this means they'll be new track, like that other interlocking down the road?

I got my first car just in time in March for this, I just drive to the Beach 60th station. But im surprised this is gonna last till Autumn 2011, while last years rehab project allowed the station to open up the next spring.

They might be doing it Brighton-style and rebuilding the station from scratch.

Archived