Next Part of the Rockaways & Brighton Stations Rehab

NX Express

Yikes! (Q) and (1) buses at the same time???

Yes, and more:

September 25

(1) Service Suspended

(6) No trains between Pelham Bay Park and Parkchester/St Lawrence Av

(G) No trains between Bedford-Nostrand Avs and Court Square

(M) No trains running

(Q) No trains between Prospect Park and Stillwell Av

(R) No trains between Whitehall and 95 Sts

Rockaway Park (S) No trains between Broad Channel and Rockaway Park

Dude, talk about going nowhere slowly. This has to be one of the worse combos of service changes in a while. At this point, the (MTA) might as well just tell riders to take a cab because taking a train will be nothing but headaches for the average commuter.

Starting September 27 2010, trains on the Manhattan side will skip Neck RD and Avenue U until January 2011. Then, stops at Kings Highway on the Coney Island side. Manhattan platform will be closed and after trains stop Kings Highway, it will skip M/H except J and goes to New Kirk Av. Finally after stopping New Kirk Av, it will make a curve to the Manhattan local track and run local until 2011.

Starting September 27 2010, trains on the Manhattan side will skip Neck RD and Avenue U until January 2011. Then, stops at Kings Highway on the Coney Island side. Manhattan platform will be closed and after trains stop Kings Highway, it will skip M/H except J and goes to New Kirk Av. Finally after stopping New Kirk Av, it will make a curve to the Manhattan local track and run local until 2011.

Since January 18 of this year: Manhattan-Bound (B)(Q) Trains have been skipping Neck Rd & Avenue U while Coney-Island-Bound Trains have been stopping at Neck Rd & Avenue U.

The newest changes that should be occurring:

-Manhattan Bound Side of the Avenue M & Avenue H Stations close for Reconstruction.

-Coney Island-Bound Service is restored to Avenue H & Avenue M

Zach

Well check this out

(B)(Q) Manhattan-bound platforms at Av M, Av J, Av H and Newkirk Av

are closed for rehabilitation

All Times, 5 AM Monday, Sep 27 until Friday, Dec 31

For service to these stations take the(:P(Q) Cortelyou Rd and transfer to a Coney Island-bound(B)(Q) .

For service from these stations take the (B)(Q) to Kings Hwy and transfer to a Manhattan-bound(B)(Q) .

Note: (B)(Q) Coney Island-bound platforms at Avenue H and Avenue M stations are closed for

rehabilitation.

Late Night Coney Island-bound (Q) skips Av J

Well check this out

(B)(Q) Manhattan-bound platforms at Av M, Av J, Av H and Newkirk Av

For service to these stations take the(:P(Q) Cortelyou Rd and transfer to a Coney Island-bound(B)(Q) .

For service from these stations take the (B)(Q) to Kings Hwy and transfer to a Manhattan-bound(B)(Q) .

Note: (B)(Q) Coney Island-bound platforms at Avenue H and Avenue M stations are closed for

rehabilitation.

Late Night Coney Island-bound (Q) skips Av J

Contradicting much? :cool:

Contradicting much? :cool:

Someone who reads the post i quoted carefully may think that both Manhattan Bound and Coney island Bound Platforms at Avenue M and H would be closed.

Wow its gonna be express Manhattan Bound all the way from Brighton-Cortelyou.

Someone who reads the post i quoted carefully may think that both Manhattan Bound and Coney island Bound Platforms at Avenue M and H would be closed.

Wow its gonna be express Manhattan Bound all the way from Brighton-Cortelyou.

w00t! I'm going to take the (Q) to work every day over the (N) (until they open up Avenue U and Neck Road again, which would slow down the trip due to the switching).

IINM, the (Q) still switches at Ocean Pkwy and Brighton Beach to accommodate the (:P 2-track terminal.

From my experience, this is still faster than the switches at Kings Highway. Besides, the (Q) approaches the switches from a full stop to begin with. And I work on the weekends too, you know? B)

No service changes tommorow right? Heading to Brighton tommorow night for dinner. Anybody by any chance of restuarant recommendations?

Its a very big Russian Area, so if your into Russian food, Brighton is your place. If not, there's a Subway, 2 Pizzeria's ( One under Brighton Beach Station ->Royals<-, and one under Ocean Parkway Station ->Rocco's<-) and a Pizza/Fried Chicken/Burger joint under Brighton Beach Station...

Zach

Well check this out

(;)(Q) Manhattan-bound platforms at Av M, Av J, Av H and Newkirk Av

For service to these stations take the (B)(Q) to Cortelyou Rd and transfer to a Coney Island-bound (B)(Q).

For service from these stations take the (B)(Q) to Kings Hwy and transfer to a Manhattan-bound (B)(Q).

There's a new entry from mta.info:

(B)(Q)Manhattan-bound platforms at Av M, Av J and Av H

For service to these stations take the (B)(Q) to Newkirk Av and transfer to a Coney Island-bound (B)(Q).

For service from these stations take the (B)(Q) to Kings Hwy and transfer to a Manhattan-bound (B)(Q).

It seems Newkirk Av will remain open. Not even bothering with a temporary platform at Ave J, are they?

The temporary platform is already on the CI-bound express track at Av J with the bridge connected to it.

Well according to the tidbit from the MTA's website Manhattan-bound trains will skip Ave J indefinitely.

Well, When the temporary platform was first rolled out, the MTA said that Southbound trains would skip Ave H and Ave M. Now it says Manhattan-bound trains will skip Ave M, Ave H and Ave J. But they could be wrong [again.]

Well according to the tidbit from the MTA's website Manhattan-bound trains will skip Ave J indefinitely.

Well, When the temporary platform was first rolled out, the MTA said that Southbound trains would skip Ave H and Ave M. Now it says Manhattan-bound trains will skip Ave M, Ave H and Ave J. But they could be wrong [again.]

I doubt they would go through the trouble taking the station out and putting it back together if trains weren't stopping there.

From the MTA site:

(;)(Q) Manhattan-bound platforms at Avenue M and Avenue H are closed for rehabilitation

For service to these stations take the (:D(Q) to Newkirk Av and transfer to a Brighton Beach-bound (B) or Coney Island-bound (Q).

Check out my newest batch of rehab pics! The link is in my sig!

From the MTA site:

Check out my newest batch of rehab pics! The link is in my sig!

Those are some really awesomesauce pictures! Also, this is the second time the MTA has changed their GO description recently on their website.

First it said Manhattan-Bound (:P(Q) trains would skip Ave M, Ave J, Ave H, and Newkirk Av.

Then it said Manhattan-Bound trains would skip Ave M, Ave J, and Ave H.

Now it's just down to Ave M and Ave H.

I hop they have a reason for all this flip-flopping

:confused:

Archived