Trainz Sim NYCTA Pics

Strain

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Updated route map is the same except we're at 39th Avenue on the Astoria line and 36th St on the QBL.

Enjoy these shots!!

Runaway7Train.jpg

Flushing 123???

RooseveltIsland.jpg

Roosevelt Island

QueensboroPlaza.jpg

(7)<7>(N)(Q) Queensboro Plaza

QueensPlazaInterlocking.jpg

Looking towards the west at Queens Plaza (RFW from an (R) train)

PortaltoSteinwayTubes.jpg

I really like how this one came out. These are the portals going to the Steinway tubes. I will add the LIRR yards later on.

Interlocking36St.jpg

Interlocking south of 36th St connecting the QBL to the (F)

Diamond4.jpg

Diamond 4 returns!!! (For Rick44 as proof that I have his video waiting!)

Diamond4.jpg

Diamond 4 rollsign

63StLexingtonUpper.jpg

63 St upper. Wall on the right hides the Broadway tracks

63Stconnections-1.jpg

Cab view of the connections from QBL to the (F)

39thAve-1.jpg

More Els!! 39th Ave on the (N)(Q) looking south

Enjoy!

-A :cool:

Very nice progress, keep it up Green Eggs n' Pelham. :tup:

And nice work on the R160 BStyles. When it comes out, it will be epic to all NYC Trainz fans, including me. :drool:

Thats really good are you going to replace those levers with the Alstom ones by Magicland?

I think that would be a long, somewhat unecessary process. Yeah it would make it look more realistic, but it would have to be done one by one, to thousands of switches. Maybe he could however change it in the map config file.

<4> returns!!! (For Rick44 as proof that I have his video waiting!)

I can't wait to see it! :tup:

I think that would be a long, somewhat unecessary process. Yeah it would make it look more realistic, but it would have to be done one by one, to thousands of switches. Maybe he could however change it in the map config file.

Exactly I was going to say he could change the config for the switches.But u basically answered my question in your words. "more realistic".

Yes, I will use the config file to change the switches. I already have hundreds of switches laid out, and changing them by hand would waste time that could be used to make progress on the route.

By the way, I heard that if you simply change the trainz build number in the config file of newer content, it allows it to be used in older versions. Has anyone verified this?

And thanks again for all of your kind words and suggestions!! Uptown Manhattan comes your way tomorrow!

Updated route map is the same except we're at 39th Avenue on the Astoria line and 36th St on the QBL.

Enjoy these shots!!

Runaway7Train.jpg

Flushing 123???

RooseveltIsland.jpg

Roosevelt Island

QueensboroPlaza.jpg

(7)<7>(N)(Q) Queensboro Plaza

QueensPlazaInterlocking.jpg

Looking towards the west at Queens Plaza (RFW from an (R) train)

PortaltoSteinwayTubes.jpg

I really like how this one came out. These are the portals going to the Steinway tubes. I will add the LIRR yards later on.

Interlocking36St.jpg

Interlocking south of 36th St connecting the QBL to the (F)

Diamond4.jpg

Diamond 4 returns!!! (For Rick44 as proof that I have his video waiting!)

Diamond4.jpg

Diamond 4 rollsign

63StLexingtonUpper.jpg

63 St upper. Wall on the right hides the Broadway tracks

63Stconnections-1.jpg

Cab view of the connections from QBL to the (F)

39thAve-1.jpg

More Els!! 39th Ave on the (N)(Q) looking south

Enjoy!

These should help http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS.php and search X-Elevated. there really awesome.

Uptown Manhattan is coming along guys, I finished signalling from 59th to 110th on the CPW line, I just have to name them and fix the switches. Btw, I looked for the kuid number of the Auran-installed lever in my kuid table for my subway route and could not find it, even after checking several times. Any idea where it could be? I agree with the notion to change the config file as opposed to changing the switches by hand.

Also, thanks to an AWESOME tutorial on GMax (meaning I could actually comprehend it), I successfully completed my first object--just a simple house. I might be creating some custom content in the future---more than just rollsign re-skins :eek:B):P. Be on the lookout for updates.

Depending on what my schedule is like, expect pics of the (1)(2)(3) Uptown lines (Broadway and Lenox) by Saturday or Sunday. Also, I know that I already posted pics of the Lenox Yard awhile back, but those were from an old route that got deleted.

ok thanks 2 train now lets stick to nyc.

Its gonna be based on city wise.And yes it will run in NYC and other places.I'll keep u guys updated I may make a thread for this route.

I think I need support on where to start and end.But this will run underground in Manhattan.I was thinking maybe Jersey to White Plains or Staten Island to White Plains.

For those who are working with Google Sketchup and GMax, I have found a program (with some help over on the Trainz forums) that has drastically changed my hopes for building custom content.

It's called ModelConverterX and you can get it here

Pretty much, it does what it says--converts models. If you don't have the $495 or so for Sketchup Pro, you can use this to convert your .dae files from sketchup into usable .3ds files for GMax. This is for people like me who are afraid of GMax for big projects (although I just completed an awesome tutorial and have a SMALL understanding of GMax finally!). I can simply go to town on Sketchup and build awesome stuff---put it in MCX--boom, converted and ready for texturing in GMax. I hope this helps those who were like me and were weary of content creation because of GMax.

Now, this doesn't replace the need for knowledge of GMax--you still need to know how to do textures and all that stuff (attachment points, etc if you're doing signs or signals, et. al). However, it does speed up the process for building content.

Glad I could help and it's great that I can share this with everyone.

I've finally been able to get my R179 in GMax over winter break; I did something a bit different, though. If you go on the Autodesk website, you can get a fully functional version of 3D Studio Max for free under a three-year student license. This version can directly import all Sketchup files up to SU7 and then re-export them as .3ds files ready for importation into GMax.