New Signs I just completed:

10mph

Marcy2.jpg

GT 15mph

Marcy3.jpg

R42 (J)

Marcy-R42.jpg

Enjoy!

[P.S. The WillyB will be closed and torn down :eek: as I try to make it and the MannyB more realistic in my layouts.] Sorry (J)(M)(Z) trainz riders! We'll have shuttle buses! :(

-A :cool:

P.S. The signs will be available in both right-hand and left-hand side versions. And REMEMBER--the numbers will be re-nameable where as the titles (ST/GT/MILES, etc) will not.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not good with 3DS Max, so that's BStyles' area of expertise.

I use Google Sketchup Pro to export as a .3ds then import into Trainz Asset Creation Studio for GMax, then export to .IM. Then you have to write your config files correctly and commit the asset to Trainz.

Once you get the hang of it, it becomes pretty routine and easy.

Hope that helps.

Btw, quick route update--using Ish6's new awesome elevated stuff, the Broadway-Brooklyn (J)(M)(Z) el is coming along great. We are at Flushing Avenue, heading East! Should make it to B'way Junction and have the Myrtle El completed by tonight!

I'm not good with 3DS Max, so that's BStyles' area of expertise.

I use Google Sketchup Pro to export as a .3ds then import into Trainz Asset Creation Studio for GMax, then export to .IM. Then you have to write your config files correctly and commit the asset to Trainz.

Once you get the hang of it, it becomes pretty routine and easy.

Hope that helps.

Btw, quick route update--using Ish6's new awesome elevated stuff, the Broadway-Brooklyn (J)(M)(Z) el is coming along great. We are at Flushing Avenue, heading East! Should make it to B'way Junction and have the Myrtle El completed by tonight!

Ok thanks but my problem is the config files and trying to like animate things like my type 8 but yes how do i do config files?

I'm experimenting with a new type of sign for my layout. Haven't decided whether or not I'm going to include this in the released route yet.

NewPlatformSign.jpg

My issue is...there are a million and one different readings for these signs at 468 different subway stations . Since it's a static object--I don't want to make 468 copies, lol. And I don't want you to either!

One option would be to do each sign in sections, like how the above sign would be applicable for all s/b platforms on the Astoria line.

However, once in Manhattan where there are 20+ subway routes, it can get tricky.

I could try getting a script to make the bullets and text changeable...but that'd be a huge undertaking.

What should I do? I would very much value your input!

P.S. The sign is 18" high, by 8 feet wide, spaced out every 75' or so. I measured this for a B Div platform (200 meters), so there are 8 of these signs along the entire length of the platform.

More 23rd Street Station

But what do you mean by this "But we need elevated exits instead of ones that lead undergroud"?:confused::confused::confused:

Whats the point of street exits/entrances that go underground when in operation the T/O can't see it.But on elevated there is an exit leading to the mezz which everyone can use and see.

The following is a list of the sections for signs (each section will have 2 signs for each direction). Please make any suggestions or corrections if I've missed anything! Terminals will only have one sign since there's only one direction.

A DIVISION-

(1)- 242 St; 238-103 St; 96 St-Rector;South Ferry. 6 signs

(2)- 241 St; 238 St-E 180 St [shares w/ 5]; Tremont Av-149 St [shares w/ 5]; 135 St-110 St [shares w/ 3]; 96 St-Wall St [shares w/ 3]; Clark-Franklin [shares w/ 3]; President St-Newkirk;Flatbush [shares w/ 5]. 14 signs

(3)- 148 St;145 St; (between 135 St & Franklin Av, shares w/ 2. see above); Nostrand Av-Pennsylvania Av;New Lots. 6 signs

(4)- Woodlawn;Mosholu-161 St; 149 St (local & exp); 138 St (shares w/ 5); 125 St-Brooklyn Br [shares w/ 5]; Fulton-Bowling Green [shares w/ 5]; Boro Hall-Franklin Av [shares w/ 5]; Utica Avenue. 13 signs

(5)- Dyre Av;Baychester-E 180 St; (White Plains branch shares w/ 2); (E 180 St-149 St, shares w/ 2); (138 St; 125 St-BB, share w/ 4); (Fulton-Bowling Green, Boro Hall-Franklin, share w/ 4); President-Flatbush (share w/ 2). 3 signs

(6)- Pelham Bay Park; Zerega-Parkchester; Parkchester-E 138 St (locals); Express <6> signs: 138 St, Hunts Point; 125 St-Canal St; Brooklyn Br. 12 signs

(7)- Main St (local & exp); Willets Point (local & exp); 111 St-Vernon Jackson (local); Junction Blvd; 61 St; Grand Central-5 Av; Times Sq 13 signs

(S) 42 St- One sign each for Times Square & Grand Central. 2 signs

B DIVISION- (oh boy....lol )

(A)- 207 St; 200 St-175 St; 168 St; 145 St-59 St (share w/ D); 42 St-Canal St; Chambers-Fulton (share w/ C); High St-Hoyt (share w/ C); Nostrand-Euclid; Grant-Rockaway; 104 St-111 St; Lefferts; Conduit-Broad Channel; Beach 90-Beach 105; Beach 116; Beach 67-Beach 25; Mott Av. 28 signs

(B)- Bedford Park; Kingsbridge-155 St; (share w/ D LOCALS); 145 St; 135-59 (share w/ C); 7 Av (share w/ D); Rockefeller-Grand St (share w/ D); DeKalb; Atlantic-Sheepshead; Brighton Beach (share w/ Q). I'm making this simple and ignoring the Brighton construction with regards to the signs. 16 signs

(C)- 168 St; 163-155; (145-59 share w/B); 50 St; 42 St-Canal (share w/ E); (Chambers-Hoyt, share w/ A); Lafayette-Shepherd; Euclid. 10 signs

(D)- 205 St; (Bedford Park-155 St LOCAL shares w/ B); Bedford Pk (exp); Kingsbridge; Tremont; 145 St; (125-59 share w/ A); (7 Av-Grand St, share w/ B), Pacific-36 St (share w/ N); 9 Av-Bay 50 St; Coney Island. 14 signs

(E)-Parsons; Sutphin-Van Wyck; Union-71 Av (share w/ F); Queens Plaza; Ely-5 Av (share w/ M); 7 Av; 50 St; (42-Canal w/ C); WTC. 14 signs

(F)-179 St; 169 St-75 Av; (71-Roosevelt w/ E); 21 St-Roosevelt Island; 57 St;Rockefeller-B'way/Lafayette (w/ M); 2 Av-E Bway; York-Jay; Bergen-Church (w/G); Ditmas-W 8th; Coney Island. 18 signs

(G)- Court Sq; 21 St; Greenpoint-Hoyt; (Bergen-Church w/ F). 5 signs

(J)(Z)- Parsons; Sutphin-121 St; 111-Cypress (J); Crescent-Kosciuszko (J); Myrtle-Marcy (w/M); Essex (w/M); Bowery-Fulton; Broad. Because of the skip/stop beginning at 104 St, there will be 4 signs per section instead of two (one for J in each direction, and one for J/Z in each direction)18 signs

(L)- Canarsie; 105 St-Bedford; 1 Av-6 Av; 8 Av. 6 signs

(M)-Middle Village; Fresh Pond-Central; (Myrtle-Essex w/ JZ); (B'way/Lafayette-Rockefeller w/M); (5 Av-Ely Av w/E); Queens Plaza; 36 St-67 Av (w/R); 71 Av. 8 signs

(N)- Ditmars; Astoria-Queensboro (w/Q); Lex-5 Av (w/ NQ); 57 St-Prince (w/R); Canal; (Pacific-36 St w/D); 59 St; 8 Av-86 St; Coney Island.14 signs

(Q)- (Ditmars-5 Av, w/ NQ & R), 57 St-14 St; (Canal w/ N); DeKalb Av; (Atlantic/Sheepshead w/ B); Brighton Beach-W 8; Coney Island. 7 signs

(R)- (71 Av-36 St w/M); Queens Plaza; (Lex-5 Av w/ NQ); 57 St-Prince St; Canal-Whitehall; Court-DeKalb; Pacific-59 St; Bay Ridge-86 St; 95 St. 13 signs

(S) Franklin- One sign each for Fulton St, Prospect Park & Park Place, 2 signs for Botanic Gardens. 5 signs

(S) Rockaway- Broad Channel; Beach 90-105; Beach 116 St. 4 signs

Phew. To make things easier I will release them in sections by route, so the first one to come up will be the (1) & (S) 42 St b/c the IRT is easier and can get done quicker!

-A

Just some screenshots of a subway station-- WIP. Not sure if I'll release this and make part of a larger spline pack or not. BStyles seems to be doing a spectacularly fantastic job, as well as Strain. I just wanted to see if I could actually do it--this is my first station ever. I mean, ever in history. :eek:B)

SubwayStation1.jpg

SubwayStation2.jpg

SubwayStation3.jpg

SubwayStation4.jpg

SubwayStation6.jpg

Enjoy!

Edited by Green Eggs n' Pelham
Added pics

Just some screenshots of a subway station-- WIP. Not sure if I'll release this and make part of a larger spline pack or not. BStyles seems to be doing a spectacularly fantastic job, as well as Strain. I just wanted to see if I could actually do it--this is my first station ever. I mean, ever in history. :eek:B)

SubwayStation1.jpg

SubwayStation2.jpg

SubwayStation3.jpg

SubwayStation4.jpg

SubwayStation6.jpg

Enjoy!

Hey those are way better than mine. I dont think mine are that good but whats the height you use cuz have mine a 5m.