Trainz Sim NYCTA Pics

Strain

Here are some more pictures! I have completed the 6th Av line from 57 St to Broadway-Lafayette, and the 8th Av line from 59 St to Spring St. The next portion will be the Chrystie St cut, East B'way portion and the Manhattan Br north connections.

R32rollsigns.jpg

An R32 A???!!!!:eek:

R32A.jpg

Yeah, I suppose seeing is believing!

PortalsfromHoustonSt.jpg

Portals from Houston St. Trains from 6th Av come in from the left. 8th Av trains would come from the right.

Portalsfrom53St.jpg

Portals from 53 St tunnels.

PortAuthorityUptown3.jpg

Port Authority station (looking southbound from uptown platform)

PortAuthorityUptown2.jpg

R46 E

42-PortAuthority.jpg

Port Authority overhead view (looking north)

8-6thAvsplit.jpg

6th-8th Av connections looking south (8th ave line swings right to go to 14 St)

6thAvLower1-1.jpg

6th Av lower-level split. 6th Av trains go through the left tunnel to Houston St, 8th Av trains would go to through the right tunnel.

Enjoy!!:cool:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow that looks amazing.

I'm just curious, what's the name of the tunnel track used and is it available on the DLS? I'd love to use it for some of my routes. :)

Search under the username "mcq" and download the following (it's hard to sift through all of his stuff because it's in German):

Tracks:

UGleis, UGleisStrom, UGleisHell, UGleissStromHell, UGleis 2, UGleisStromHell 2t Bridge, UTun GS 1, UTun G1, UTun G 1double, UTun G 1E, UTun G 1EoL, UTun G 1OL, UTun 1OP, UTun G 2, UTun G 2P, UTun G 2P Not, UTun G 2 Wehr, UTun 4P

Pillars, etc:

MUS Wand

MUS Pfeiler

MUS Pfeiler (Breit m Warnung)

MUS Pfeiler (Warnung)

MUS Seitenwand 1 (norm.m.kabel)

MUS Steg 1-seitig

MUS Steg 2-seitig

MUS Tunneldecke 5m breit (roof section to cover open spots)

The "UGleissHell" & "UGleissStromHell" tracks come with the third rail. The "strom" tracks are darker.

Made it to Grand Street today. Had a lot of measuring to do. Hope you find everything! :cool:

Edited by Green Eggs n' Pelham

Where did you get that station?

Its kitbashed meaning its made up of several objects.The fence is a spline built in T2009 and the platform is just testing not for release yet*.Umm.. the station looks better now that station is actually done I just need to add stairs at the end of the platform.That stop is Passaic Junction.

So when the station is done will you release it and if so where will it be?

No,I will probably release a BETA once I get at least 50% of the route done which includes scenery.And I will have to ask my boss the creator of these NYCTA platform splines can they be released in the route.An update: Route is 3% done overall.

As per IRTBronxExpress' request, I have finished construction on the Chrystie St cut, with all accurate signal information--as much as I could get my hands on.

Usually, I'd post several pics, but according to IRT, the railfan windows aren't great on R160s. So I decided to shoot a video instead (narrated by me) of an M train going through the cut, from B'way-Lafayette to the Williamsburg Bridge.

I hope you all really enjoy it (;)), and if this is a hit, I'll take requests for more videos. I'll still post pics every now and then as well.

th_ChrystieCut.jpg

Enjoy! :cool:

P.S. Sorry I was creeping at only 15mph through the cut. What's usually the speed limit through there?

In the video, I incorrectly stated that a bottom-yellow would get you to go through the Chrystie cut. Actually, at X-86, a bottom yellow gets you to the 2 Av terminal tracks.

So, I went ahead and fixed the signals (made a new one actually) capable of showing the through line up (bottom-green for the (F)), and the 3 yellows for the (M).

I just realized that I'll have to modify the config file to allow a green-over-yellow for the (V) terminal tracks. Right back to work I go! ;)

2Avenuelineup.jpg

Routing for the (F)

3yellowChrystieCut.jpg

Routing for the (M)

Enjoy! :cool:

EDIT: I can't get one signal to work for two interlockings, so rather than ruin that by placing two separate signals, I'll just keep the "through" to 2 Av (F)(V) as a double green and the (M) as 3-yellows. Terminal moves will just throw the second switch.

Edited by Green Eggs n' Pelham

I have gotten quite a few requests on how to change the markup of Magicland's signals in Trainz. It doesn't matter what version you have, the following will help anyone looking to create their own versions.

The first thing is to have the three following signals installed:

Subway Signal Post (no longer on the DLS, so you might have to find someone who has it)

Subway Signal Post Home (this one sits on the right side of the tracks)

Subway Signal Post Home Left (sits on the left).

So, here's what the appropriate portion of the config file looks like for a home signal (this is my 3 yellow home situated on the right side of the tracks):

signals {

0 {

light 2,5

}

2 {

light 1,3

}

3 {

light 1,4,6

}

4 {

light 0,4

}

5 {

light 0,3

}

6 {

light 1,4,6

}

8 {

light 0,3

}

}

lights {

0 {

corona "corona_green.tga"

}

1 {

corona "corona_yellow.tga"

}

2 {

corona "corona_red.tga"

}

3 {

corona "corona_green.tga"

}

4 {

}

5 {

corona "corona_red.tga"

}

6 {

}

}

Here's a breakdown of the numbers:

Under signals, you have the numbers 0-8, which signify the following signal rules:

0- Stop & Stay

1- Stop, then proceed

2- Caution & left diverge

3- Caution & right diverge

4- Caution

5- Proceed & left diverge

6- Proceed & right diverge

7- Advanced caution

8- Proceed

Under the lights portion, you have 0-6, which indicate a specific light point on the home signal. You start from the top, and number down. So, the first head is 0-2, the second head is 3-5 and the call-on light is 6.

Rules 0, 4, and 8 will always be used for any type of signal because there needs to be a stop, caution and proceed. Remember, this signal is for a RIGHT diverging track, so I had to add in 3 and 6, for proceed and caution. But what about a left diverge? I added a left diverge (2 & 5) because the AI doesn't always show a green-over-green for a straight path. Strangely, even though the "proceed" rule (8) covers this, the AI still considers the straight path a LEFT diverge. I find it easier to just place it in there so the AI doesn't get confused.

Anyway, in the case of the Chrystie St cut, this config file says that for 3 & 6, (right diverge caution and proceed) that lamps 1, 4 & 6 will be illuminated. Looking at the lights portion, we see that they all have yellow coronas. For a proceed and left diverge (in this case straight), lamps 0 & 3 will be illuminated (double green); and so on and so forth...

So, just tinker with the config file and with different coronas available on the DLS. As long as the corona is installed, you can make it any color you'd like. For the marker and yard signals I have made, I simply re-textured the signal file to only have two bulbs (top and bottom for the markers), painted an X where the plate was and had stop, proceed and caution display red coronas for 0,2 (the bulbs). Easy once you get the hang of it. :P

I am working on lunar signals right now...mostly a 1-shot GT. I might be able to get a 2-shot "S" in, or an ST with a "20" illuminated. I'll update everyone on my progress. Also, a neat trick I learned...if you want a green aspect for a diverging route, just select the opposite home signal for the interlocking (i.e. on a track with a right diverging route, select the "left" home signal. Since it's backwards, the right diverging will be green, because the left diverging is the automatic yellow).

Hope that helps!

-A :cool:

P.S., for the regular signal post, the config is the same, except the "signals" portion only has 0, 4, & 8, and the lights portion only goes from 0-2.