Trainz Sim NYCTA Pics

Strain

Nice job! By the way Green Eggs, sorry if I'm just noticing this now, but is it possible to remove the stairs and the benches from the splines? It wouldn't make sense to have a bench so often in a subway station here. They can be made as separate objects so the person could just place them down wherever they want with rotation ect.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jeffmorris DID make separate stations for IRT and BMT/IND.

Yeah but how detailed were the stations? I can say off the top that Jeffmorris's stations didn't exceed 10,000 polygons.

Anyway, I'd like to announce that i'm releasing the Vintage NYCTA Elevated Rail Pack, just like the one before it. Pic:

vintagenyctaelrailpackd.png

1 - [V]NYCTA El Girders

2 - [V]NYCTA El Girders and Catwalk

3 - [V]NYCTA El Track No 3rd

4 - [V]NYCTA El Track No 3rd Diverge

5 - [V]NYCTA El Track No 3rd Diverge and Handrail

6 - [V]NYCTA El Track No 3rd Handrail 1x

7 - [V]NYCTA El Track No 3rd Handrail 2x

8 - [V]NYCTA El Track No 3rd No Sides

9 - [V]NYCTA El Track With 3rd

10 - [V]NYCTA El Track With 3rd Diverge

11 - [V]NYCTA El Track With 3rd Diverge and Handrail

12 - [V]NYCTA El Track With 3rd Handrail 1x

13 - [V]NYCTA El Track With 3rd Handrail 2x

14 - [V]NYCTA El Support

15 - [V]NYCTA El Support Double Height

The "V" stands for "Vintage," of course. and here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/pblhn1xx5caxnz9/Vintage%20NYCTA%20Elevated%20Trestle%20Pack.rar

Enjoy!

Edited by Bstyles

Nice job! By the way Green Eggs, sorry if I'm just noticing this now, but is it possible to remove the stairs and the benches from the splines? It wouldn't make sense to have a bench so often in a subway station here. They can be made as separate objects so the person could just place them down wherever they want with rotation ect.

Lemme ask you something. Do you know how many years it will take to plop a dozen benches in a single station? To make sure that they're all aligned and that the station doesn't look sloppy?

This is a brief suggestion to you all:

When you get the content and you start making your Trainz routes, remember the person that made it for you. Remember that that person didn't have to do it for you. Magicland didn't have to make his subway splines. Jeffmorris didn't have to make his subway set. This is beyond picky from you guys; from ALL you guys, and its not fair to us to have to go back and redo dozens of pieces of content we spent hours, night and day, preparing for release. You may say that you understand the hard work that we do, but honestly I really don't think you do. So please, just enjoy what you're getting from here on out, because trust me, i'd drop everything I was doing in a heartbeat and leave you guys to do it.

BStyles beat me to the punch, but since the nitpicking has been about my content--let me say what's on my mind.

The reason that I haven't released the signals yet, is because I am trying to make them as realistic as possible to avoid nitpicking like what's been going on the past few days over my stations, and BStyles' track splines.

I have worked non-stop on these stations for the last week and a half, and I am trying my hardest to make them as easy to use as possible. I was looking out for everyone else when I wanted to reduce the number of objects in the pack from 45 to 30. I figured if I double the spline length and add in the stairs and benches---it would make station building a lot easier.

With that being said, this is the last warning that I am going to issue about nitpicking--please, DO NOT nitpick over any screens I post. You may ask questions but do not make asinine suggestions that will require more work from me. I am doing this as a labor of love, and it gets really annoying when people who don't contribute anything become gimme pigs. BStyles hit the nail on the head, and echoes my sentiments: if you are gonna b*tch and moan about little things in people's content--then take up Gmax/Sketchup Pro/AutoCAD, and make the stuff yourself.

Anymore annoyance and I will consider pulling a Magicland, and taking all of my content with me.

You've been warned.

BStyles beat me to the punch, but since the nitpicking has been about my content--let me say what's on my mind.

I have worked non-stop on these stations for the last week and a half, and I am trying my hardest to make them as easy to use as possible. I was looking out for everyone else when I wanted to reduce the number of objects in the pack from 45 to 30. I figured if I double the spline length and add in the stairs and benches---it would make station building a lot easier.

With that being said, this is the last warning that I am going to issue about nitpicking--please, DO NOT nitpick over any screens I post. You may ask questions but do not make asinine suggestions that will require more work from me. I am doing this as a labor of love, and it gets really annoying when people who don't contribute anything become gimme pigs. BStyles hit the nail on the head, and echoes my sentiments: if you are gonna b*tch and moan about little things in people's content--then take up Gmax/Sketchup Pro/AutoCAD, and make the stuff yourself.

Anymore annoyance and I will consider pulling a Magicland, and taking all of my content with me.

You've been warned.

First off, I would like to say that the content you are making is a blessing for Trainz developers who enjoy and will look forward to all of you and BStyle's current and future content. You guys have made state of the art content which rivals jeffmorris and Magicland's in all sorts of ways and I am looking forward to the entire and completed elevated and underground construction sets as well as other things that you are also developing. You have changed and brought a new life to the community with your content and screenshots. However, I believe that there are a few things that I would like to clear and discuss.

@Bstyles, Nope I did not realize that the placement of benches on your splines required that much time and effort. I genuinely believe that you guys have devoted numerous hours of labor into this, and I truely appreciate what you are doing. However, I believe that you have confused the terms nitpicking and constructive criticism.

I have read through all of the comments in this thread and I have found nothing which poses a direct reference or any sort of hint which referred to your content as terrible or in need of a major rehab. Everything that was critical was merely analytical and suggestions which were trivial which could be taken into account or not with no hard feelings. I merely suggested that the placement of benches be separate from the spline. This was something that I just wanted to point out, and I had no idea that you were already working on a solution to that. With that out of the way, I would like to talk to you about your response to this.

What you said in your last comment about "pulling another Magicland" was an asinine move for yourself. You might have just had a bad day or something, but saying things like that gives you a negative image from the community and it makes us believe it was an statement about you threatening to pull your content at the next post of friendly criticism or something similar to that, when members are genuinely trying to help you to create the most efficient and most visually pleasing content in the NYCTA Trainz community. Plus, we would have no problem whatsoever if you reject these requests as we understand that they are time consuming and more of a trivial thing.

With that out of the way, I hope you can understand what our intentions really are, and that they are merely beneficial. :P

Okay, let's get one thing straight. There's a difference between constructive points and nitpicking at every little detail. I'm not meant to be a jerk, but it does get annoying that with almost every post of content or WIP, someone says "do this", or "do that". I don't mind friendly criticism, if you've seen the requests from my signals---I'm very welcome to that. I'm sure you'd be upset after pouring hours and hours into content, you get a "can you change this please?" That's what got me upset.

I will not take my content and leave the community over a friendly suggestion---but constant nagging is another issue.

Whether or not my annoyance impacts what others think of me isn't a concern to me. I like to think I've been a fairly friendly person. I will let my content speak for itself and determine my image in the community.

First off, I would like to say that the content you are making is a blessing for Trainz developers who enjoy and will look forward to all of you and BStyle's current and future content. You guys have made state of the art content which rivals jeffmorris and Magicland's in all sorts of ways and I am looking forward to the entire and completed elevated and underground construction sets as well as other things that you are also developing. You have changed and brought a new life to the community with your content and screenshots. However, I believe that there are a few things that I would like to clear and discuss.

@Bstyles, Nope I did not realize that the placement of benches on your splines required that much time and effort. I genuinely believe that you guys have devoted numerous hours of labor into this, and I truely appreciate what you are doing. However, I believe that you have confused the terms nitpicking and constructive criticism.

I have read through all of the comments in this thread and I have found nothing which poses a direct reference or any sort of hint which referred to your content as terrible or in need of a major rehab. Everything that was critical was merely analytical and suggestions which were trivial which could be taken into account or not with no hard feelings. I merely suggested that the placement of benches be separate from the spline. This was something that I just wanted to point out, and I had no idea that you were already working on a solution to that. With that out of the way, I would like to talk to you about your response to this.

What you said in your last comment about "pulling another Magicland" was an asinine move for yourself. You might have just had a bad day or something, but saying things like that gives you a negative image from the community and it makes us believe it was an statement about you threatening to pull your content at the next post of friendly criticism or something similar to that, when members are genuinely trying to help you to create the most efficient and most visually pleasing content in the NYCTA Trainz community. Plus, we would have no problem whatsoever if you reject these requests as we understand that they are time consuming and more of a trivial thing.

With that out of the way, I hope you can understand what our intentions really are, and that they are merely beneficial. :P

There is a difference between constructive criticism, common sense, and freeloading.

Constructive criticism: The content that we released has been checked, double checked, and triple checked so that you wouldn't have to ask questions about it. The thing about development is that it is never done until something is released, and when it is, you can choose then to make your remarks. You don't hear a food critic telling a chef how to cook his meal all the way through the process, do you?

I would also like to point out that we are New Yorkers too, not Indians, not Chinese, and not Russian. We are well aware of what the system looks like.

Common sense: When we decide, develop, and release content, you should have a mind to say "I can use this and this to make it into something better". Moving back a few pages to where you mentioned that I had forgotten to add a part to my elevated rail pack, only to realize a page later that with a little bit of work, you could have overcome that without a response at all.

Freeloading: Asking us every minute after every single picture we post, a new series of questions and/or requests does not help us in the least. If you think that I haven't spent the last five years making my content as accurate as possible then you are horribly mistaken. And please, cut down on the requests. We are not miracle workers. We will make what's beneficial for the community. Requests only help one majority of people. The el pack will soon help in the development of CTA routes.

And if we decide that we want to pull back our content then that's our decision, not yours, and most definitely not the community. One of the reasons I believe Magicland left the community was because of the exact same thing going on right here, and even after he left everyone expects that he owed them something. This is the reason I started making my own content, ans this is why I encourage you all to do the same thing. The only reason the constructive criticism has gotten out of hand is because no one here, except an obvious handful of people, make content, and that is a fact.

Now, let's get back on topic. I do not want to see this thread get locked.

I have to say thank you Bstyles and others for this new and wonderful content. At this rate I might actually just do the (3) fullyin Brooklyn then Manhattan.

On a side note, who the hell still uses 04? Ts12 is out already, and Ive had 06 for less than a year and upgrade to TS10. (sorry just had to get that off)

Probably someone who has a super old or crappy laptop. 2006, and even 2009/10 can run on a decent laptop nowadays (I have all three running on my Win7 Gateway with a Radeon 4250).

Btw, I may have announced this in Dmouse's thread, but a Beta version of my signal package will be available tomorrow evening.

I will start a thread before the release for anyone to post suggestions and [:eek:] criticisms!

I will take it in good stride since the project has been done for a few weeks.

-A :cool:

It doesn't matter if people are critizing,nitpicking or whatever about something they're or WE are trying to point something out to the developer(s).If I was critized about something I would take it as a compliment no matter how HARSH the comment was b\c that would push me to do better like yo you gotta step it up.For example Bstyles and Simon I would show them pics of my route or whatever and they would be like the tracks are shitty and all and they would like me to GREAT stuff.So its a good thing.But I agree that the benches shouldn't be part of a station(spline) I mean on 1 platform theres about 2-4 benches maybe more in bigger stations.But ALL of US appreciate everything and we're just trynna point out things to make it better.I mean for example putting a garbage pale/can or benches in a spline won't be good its unrealistic in the real world.But WE all love and appreciate what you guys are doing.And I promise I WILL use your content to the fullest.I won't care if you critized me.

when are u go to make NYCT Elevated Trestle Pack for trainz 2004

When are you going to make the NYCT Elevated Trestle Pack for Trainz 2004?

Dude I will personally lend you my disc for 06.

Sorry but NOTHING is made for 04 anymore. Not even simple objects are compatible anymore.

Edit-Grammar corrections in Green.

Edited by dmouse

when are u go to make NYCT Elevated Trestle Pack for trainz 2004

Ok dude im not trying to be mean but we have already answered that question for you that no one uses that game anymore so please no more questions about it and please lets stay on topic cuz like i said befor i dont want this locked.

Thank You

Guest lance25
LMFAO!!!!Probably doesn't know how to count b\c he can barely type and read in a COMPLETE sentence.

Don't be mean. Has it occurred to you that English may not be his first language? Just sayin'.

After a grueling process of double-, triple-, and quadruple checking these assets with the help of BStyles---not to mention numerous PITA moments with GMax, IM Viewer, and small errors in re-naming texture files---after all that--the new subway station splines are finished, and I must say they look better than I could have ever expected. I'm running TS2010, but the realism blows me away when I looked at them a second time in 2006. I will work on the end-pieces tomorrow, so the entire set (splines and end-pieces) will be available Monday or Tuesday, depending on my schedule, so stay tuned. A HUGE thanks to BStyles for all of his help when my computer didn't feel up to the challenge. Along with my signals, and B's tracks, this will definitely up the realism on your subway/el routes. After the end pieces are complete, I will be working on trackside signs for the subway! All shots below are from TS2010. Enjoy!

First set is of the 1T Bypass (found on (:((C) CPW & (3) Eastern Pkwy)

CPW1.jpg

CPW2.jpg

CPW3.jpg

CPW4.jpg

CPW5.jpg

CPW6.jpg

CPW7.jpg

CPW8.jpg

And two shots of DeKalb Avenue:

DeKalbAv1.jpg

DeKalbAv2.jpg

More Shots below!