Trainz Sim NYCTA Pics

Strain

I regret to inform the community that the subway stations kit release has been pushed back until next week, around December 25-26. This is due to the fact that earlier this evening I was involved in a serious car accident near my house, on my way to a group meeting. My car was totaled, and I was injured, but thankfully nothing life threatening. I will be spending the next few days recovering at home, and once I am able to sit at the computer for an hour or two at a time a day (doc doesn't recommend being stationary for long periods of time), I will resume work on exporting the models, and likewise, importing them into Trainz. BStyles IS back from Hong Kong, and he has given me all of the updated models, they're just sitting on my desktop waiting to be finished. The PART ONE of the station kit will include all normal station set ups, and will exclude custom layouts (Essex-Delancey, 59 St-Columbus Circle, DeKalb), as those require unique textures; those will be included in PART TWO of the station kit, along with the terminal pieces. Thank you all for your patience and understanding, and despite the setback, keep on Trainzing and showing off your awesome pictures in this thread!

Happy Holidays,

-A

DUDE I AM SO SORRY!!! Glad to hear you are ok.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the wishes gentlemen. I'm very close to 100%, just dealing with some residual headaches, and I'm the proud owner of several new facial scars---that'll definitely rein in the ladies! :P On a business note---Merry Christmas to you all. It's 4pm here in California, so those stations WILL be released tonight, keep your eyes peeled here or at either of the two NYCTA threads over on the Auran/Trainz forums. I've exported the 2T models, just 3 and 4 track to go. 6T variants will be a part of phase 2. Signals are fine right now, they just need to be adjusted to fit the new tunnels; there won't be any new signals to release besides repeaters. For the adjusted signals I will be released a set of CONFIG files that will be named "ST_Config", etc. Your only task is to input them into the appropriate folders and change the name back to simply "config" and you'll be good to go.

The signs package isn't available for download anymore because it's soon to become obsolete. The newer texture-replacement signs you saw earlier in the thread will be released in a week or so.

Keep those eyeballs peeled gentlemen. I'll be striking like a ninja, and you won't even know it!

-A :ph34r:

Gentlemen, it has been a long hard road to get to where we are today and it's suc----

Ah hell. You don't need a long speech. Merry Christmas guys!

NYCTA 1T Stations

NYCTA 2T Stations

NYCTA 3T Stations

NYCTA 4T Stations

NOTE: Custom stations are not included in the pack (City Hall, Lex/63, DeKalb, Hoyt-Schermerhorn, and 135 St/St. Nicholas). Those will be in Phase 2 along with terminals, and other such custom stations. You can make a 6T station by using various pieces of the station and tunnel kit (Use the 1-wall stations and the tunnel parts to get the desired results).

BTW, for stations 2D, 3A and 3B you need to drag the spline portion from bottom-to-top to make it connect flawlessly. Those pieces are off-center so that the road attachment points would fit. If you pull them the opposite way they'll connect and be misaligned. I say this now, because I'm sure I'm going to receive a PM or a reply to the thread that points this out.

Edited by GreeneggsnPelham

Those are Russian rail tracks that are part of Alterr's Russian Metro pack. Search Google for it. Those stations are obsolete now anyway.

P.S. PLEASE GO TO THE FAQ/SUPPORT THREAD FOR A FIX TO A MINOR TEXTURE PROBLEM WITH ONE OF THE STATION END PIECE SETS.

New Tunnel Piece:

Jeff Morris brought to my attention a lack of a no-clearance wall that can allow more than one track for the tunnels, so linked here is a .cdp file for the new piece, dubbed "Tunnel 1K". It has gap closers on each end; also included is a modified version of Tunnel 1E, the one-track no-clearance tunnel with gap closers added on each side, so you don't have to use H, I, or J to close the gap.

Enjoy!

New Tunnel Pieces

You can use the image codes for the forums too :P Great work though!!

& thank you

I will try to create more reskins for train cars to come

IRT cars such as R17, R33, R36, & R12 will stay redbird oriented

BMT/IND cars such as R27/30 will also stand as Redbirds

I wanna try making a R38 from the R32 now

There is a platform gap of 0.20 meters from the subway car door to the platform proper that Strain kindly pointed out.

It has nothing to do with A/B Division differences as the stations are meant to be universal. I have to re-model all of the subway stations and re-release to fix this problem. I'll be working diligently over the weekend to correct this problem, and provide updated links.

Sorry for the inconvenience gents.

Due to a request on the Auran forums about the station third rails not touching the paddles on the trains, I have recalculated the measurements of the third rail for the stations and tunnels--and they're the same. Check the placement of your tracks once you've laid your stations, since the third rails are static and cannot be moved. If you move the track too far out, this problem can occur.