Trainz Sim NYCTA Pics

Strain

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IRT Route Progress as of January 2, 2013, 3:30pm EDT

IRTProgress2013-1.jpg

Happy New Year! (The map is edited from the November Hurricane recovery map. I added the H line, and used the subway bullets fonts)

Click on the map--it'll become bigger and more legible!

-A :ph34r:

Edited by GreeneggsnPelham

Yeah, trading is illegal since it was Payware. You can try to contact Magicland via the Auran forums. Some of his stuff got updated to 2009 a few months back and I think he was superstitiously online not too long ago! :o

Exactly my point

He was online in June of 2012

He sees the demand for the R40

But you know

Whenever he's ready

Can't rush perfection

Hey Guys! Happy New Year to everyone. I haven't been on the forums in a while. Great job on the station and tunnel kits Ace and BStyles. It looks fantastic! I just have one quick question. Were the above ground ballast tracks released with the stations and tunnels or is that going to be released with the above ground stuff?

Above ground ballasted tracks were never released to the public. They are on my old mega route but those tracks will be upgraded. For now, I'm using Samplaire's AMAZING high detailed ballasted tracks for my route. Check him out on the DLS.

PS--The IRT route will now be for TS12 only. I've gotten some lag on 09 and 12 performs better.

However ALL content will still be released for ALL versions of Trainz.

@Strain: It's not a bank-buster, tbh. Digital download (I prefer these bc you can save them anywhere in case a CD gets scratched), is only $20 right now.

WIP Shots of IRT Brooklyn and Bronx (including the new E. 180/Unionport layout:

96 St/Broadway (1)(2)(3)

trainz2013-01-0612-41-19-92.png

New E. 180 St Yard leads & layout. Unionport still needs to be re-done

trainz2013-01-0612-42-27-98.png

Bowling Green, southbound

trainz2013-01-0612-43-11-49.png

South Ferry Inner Loop

trainz2013-01-0612-43-41-26.png

Rogers Junction (2)(5) & (3)(4) split

trainz2013-01-0612-44-36-66.png

Utica Av layups

trainz2013-01-0612-45-17-90.png

Portal to Utica Av (Manhattan-bound (3) train view)

trainz2013-01-0612-45-33-87.png

Junius St & track to Linden Yards

trainz2013-01-0612-45-51-12.png

New Lots Av (yard will be added in the distance). I only made the tailtracks long enough to fit a ten-car train for now.

trainz2013-01-0612-46-03-52.png

Enjoy!

When I installed/downloaded it, it was its own separate package. Define "compatible" when it comes to your content & TS12. Technically, my content isn't "compatible" because it uses a KUID build number lower than 2.7, so it gets flagged with a yellow !, which is a warning and not an error itself. Again guys--right now TS12 is such a steal it's ridiculous. I'd get a move on before they throw the price back up to $40!

@TTC: PM me if you have any other TS12 related questions. I'm still a novice at it, but I can still help when it comes to content importing.

Define "compatible" when it comes to your content & TS12.

I don't know the full details, having never tried it myself, but I believe something related to how the models were created causes them to be defective in 2012, and long modifications to the config files are required to make them work.

my content isn't "compatible"

With TS12?

I'll see if I can buy the game. I'd really like to be able to use this route!

I don't know the full details, having never tried it myself, but I believe something related to how the models were created causes them to be defective in 2012, and long modifications to the config files are required to make them work.

They are not defective, just outdated and faulty. TRS2010 + Compatibility Mode = BINGO. However, I called auran, and they are in the process of updating everything. Only things they have gotten to NYCTA wise are the Pre-Overhaul R46, and the Lo-V Work Car. Everything else can be fixed, it takes time, and is hard, but they can't be released because they are modified content.

We are in the process of updating the trains here, there are R40S, R142, and R160 under construction.

Actually, you don't even need compatibility mode Brighton & TTC. If you head over to the support thread here on the forums, there is a response I posted awhile back to a common Magicland car problem and how to fix it. Usually, there are textures and attachment points missing, and you'll need PM2IM to fix it. The thread isn't too long, so scan through it, and you'll find everything. All of my Magicland cars work in TS12 with no problems.

After doing the West Side line the other day, I realized that the stations were not matching up with their East Side counterparts (the distances were off: 59 St/CC was where 68 St/Hunter College was, etc), so I decided to start that portion over, and do the logical thing: the 42 St shuttle. Below are some pics of the line (it's all completed, passenger enabled stations and signals and everything). You won't see the passenger enabled stations in these pics, but you will in the video below! aeek.gif I posted a video?!?!?! A rarity, but yes I did!

Overhead of Grand Central (Lex line to the east, 7 Av to the west)
trainz2013-01-1006-45-29-81.png

Track 1 facing the tunnel to the downtown Lex local track
trainz2013-01-1006-45-45-76.png

Track 3
trainz2013-01-1006-44-57-18.png

Track 1, Times Square-bound
trainz2013-01-1006-45-08-15.png

Overhead of Times Sq shuttle station, and adjacent 7 Av line station
trainz2013-01-1006-44-24-25.png

View of Track 4. In the distance is the connection to the IRT West Side uptown local
trainz2013-01-1006-43-57-55.png

Times Sq Shuttle station
trainz2013-01-1006-43-35-70.png

Station-Time signal outside of TSQ station (on Tk 4)
trainz2013-01-1006-42-41-76.png

Video will be coming later--it's uploading!

Enjoy!

-A  :ph34r: