Trainz Sim NYCTA Pics

Strain

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the comments, guys. @Around the Horn: The column spacing is a symptom of the spline itself. Kitbashing my custom station items and other stuff from the DLS seemed to be the logical thing to do rather than create two separate custom stations, which would've taken a lot longer. The stations themselves can probably use some more scenery, but right now, I'm more worried about getting key corridors operational. I value your input though, and I'll definitely see what I can do about the spacing.

I've got a long shift at work tomorrow, so perhaps over the weekend I'll try to get the Upper West Side completed, to at least Harlem, and connect to the rest of the (2) in the Bronx. Next week's project will be the (1) and the 207 Yard.

-A  :ph34r:

Edited by GreeneggsnPelham

Thanks for the comments, guys. @Around the Horn: The column spacing is a symptom of the spline itself. Kitbashing my custom station items and other stuff from the DLS seemed to be the logical thing to do rather than create two separate custom stations, which would've taken a lot longer. The stations themselves can probably use some more scenery, but right now, I'm more worried about getting key corridors operational. I value your input though, and I'll definitely see what I can do about the spacing.

I've got a long shift at work tomorrow, so perhaps over the weekend I'll try to get the Upper West Side completed, to at least Harlem, and connect to the rest of the (2) in the Bronx. Next week's project will be the (1) and the 207 Yard.

kk,thtas cool just wanted you to know thought that was the reason.

Hey guys im here to say that im ganna be leaving the Subway game for a bit to get back to my Commuter stuff. So ya that's it and when i say awhile itll most likely be like a week or so also Ace do you think you can contact B and ask him i can release my route because i used his test route in mine and i want to make sure its ok with him. Thanks in advance.

Is who Ace? I am Ace from the Auran Trainz Forums, if you're asking.

P.S. Signals have been installed from 79 St to 42 St on the (1)(2)(3) line, as I'm testing the triggers for the GT and ST signals on my route. Expect a video within the next week or so, [Reading the diagrams for the 7 Av line is hell!]

January 20, 2013 IRT Route Update: 

IRTProgress2013-2.jpg

Signals have not been laid on the (7) yet. I was testing the two-shot GTs Manhattan-bound from 5 Av to Grand Central (using triggers) and I've been thus far unsuccessful.

This route will include the extension to Javits Center, as shown in the map. There will be an express (3) video from 72 to 42 St, complete with accurate signals coming later on tonight/early tomorrow!!!  :D

Actually, you don't even need compatibility mode Brighton & TTC. If you head over to the support thread here on the forums, there is a response I posted awhile back to a common Magicland car problem and how to fix it. Usually, there are textures and attachment points missing, and you'll need PM2IM to fix it. The thread isn't too long, so scan through it, and you'll find everything. All of my Magicland cars work in TS12 with no problems.

-A :ph34r:

Do the missing textures/attachment points affect use of Magicland's cars? Sometimes I'm able to run content even if there are such issues, and it'd be good to know how long I'll have to spend fixing the problems should I purchase 2012.

I'm liking the idea of the Javits Center extension being included in the route... very interesting!! Heads will roll for the incorrect rollsign though....

'Does this train go to Javits Center?'

'Yes.'

'But the signs say you're turning at Times Square.'

'I knew I should've found a job that doesn't involve explanations to customers.' *bashes head against door control panel*

Here's the next installment of the IRT Megaroute.

It shows the (3) going express from 72 St to 42 St, laying up, and then returning uptown to 72 St.

There is accurate signal and sign placement from 50 St down to 28 St (though the train only goes to 42 in the video).

I will build up to Harlem and do a video of the (1) and the famous Manhattan Valley Viaduct :)

The signs don't work as trackmarks, they work as trackside objects.

Below is the link, but let me make a list of what signs are available and what they're used for and how to set them up in game.

Forewarning: For ALL speed limit signs, you MUST use an invisible speed signal (built-in to the game) and set the speed to match what you put on the sign. Without them, nothing changes as they are not automatic speed limit signs (kind: mospeedboard).

All signs come with three versions: Right-hand, left-hand, and overhead (for stations). All signs are editable in the ? (properties) tab unless specified.

Car Stop Sign- blank white sign; input any number to tell you what length of train stops at that sign. Used in stations.

Car Reverse Sign- white sign with "CAR" on the bottom; same as above, but used where trains lay up and/or reverse direction.

4-6 and 8-10 Car Stop signs- same as the car stop signs, but numbers are already on the texture. Cannot be renamed in the properties tab.

Diverge Speed Sign: Black "D" on yellow sign. Used for designating the speed limit for a diverging movement.

Grade Time (GT) sign: GT on yellow sign. Speed limit sign for Grade Time--on approach to curves and grades.

OPTO- One Person Train Operation Stop. Trains using only a motorman will stop at this sign in stations.

Resume Speed Sign- White "R" on green background. After a speed controlled block or an interlocking, a train with the corresponding length written underneath the "R" can resume prior full speed. (Usually comes in R-6, R-8 and R-10)

Speed Limit Sign- black "MILES" on yellow sign. Number above miles indicates speed limit.

Station Time (ST) sign: ST on yellow sign. Speed limit for Station Time. (see www.nycsubway.org article on timed signals, it's too technical for me to explain lol)

Time Control Sign: Black "T" on yellow sign. Indicates the beginning of a time controlled section. This sign is usually followed by a GT or ST speed limit sign.

I have combined all of these signs into one mega sign with BOTH editable text and editable backgrounds. After you place the new sign, you can change the texture and input the values. Those signs are still being tested. The link is for the old version of the signs, which includes three of each of the ones explained above.

Any questions or suggestions are welcome!

Linky Link:

The signs don't work as trackmarks, they work as trackside objects.

Below is the link, but let me make a list of what signs are available and what they're used for and how to set them up in game.

Forewarning: For ALL speed limit signs, you MUST use an invisible speed signal (built-in to the game) and set the speed to match what you put on the sign. Without them, nothing changes as they are not automatic speed limit signs (kind: mospeedboard).

All signs come with three versions: Right-hand, left-hand, and overhead (for stations). All signs are editable in the ? (properties) tab unless specified.

Car Stop Sign- blank white sign; input any number to tell you what length of train stops at that sign. Used in stations.

Car Reverse Sign- white sign with "CAR" on the bottom; same as above, but used where trains lay up and/or reverse direction.

4-6 and 8-10 Car Stop signs- same as the car stop signs, but numbers are already on the texture. Cannot be renamed in the properties tab.

Diverge Speed Sign: Black "D" on yellow sign. Used for designating the speed limit for a diverging movement.

Grade Time (GT) sign: GT on yellow sign. Speed limit sign for Grade Time--on approach to curves and grades.

OPTO- One Person Train Operation Stop. Trains using only a motorman will stop at this sign in stations.

Resume Speed Sign- White "R" on green background. After a speed controlled block or an interlocking, a train with the corresponding length written underneath the "R" can resume prior full speed. (Usually comes in R-6, R-8 and R-10)

Speed Limit Sign- black "MILES" on yellow sign. Number above miles indicates speed limit.

Station Time (ST) sign: ST on yellow sign. Speed limit for Station Time. (see www.nycsubway.org article on timed signals, it's too technical for me to explain lol)

Time Control Sign: Black "T" on yellow sign. Indicates the beginning of a time controlled section. This sign is usually followed by a GT or ST speed limit sign.

I have combined all of these signs into one mega sign with BOTH editable text and editable backgrounds. After you place the new sign, you can change the texture and input the values. Those signs are still being tested. The link is for the old version of the signs, which includes three of each of the ones explained above.

Any questions or suggestions are welcome!

Linky Link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?cg8cxlq7m9fq2hi

An announcement about an upcoming project:

BStyles is shifting our website domain away from IP Board over to Hostgator. He'll be backing up the accounts and passwords of all who joined and switch it over upon set up. The IP Board Site will be down for a few days. Keep your eyes peeled for the announcement of the new website address and registration details. This will be where ALL of our content past, present, and future will be hosted---which will eliminate the need for posting mediafire links, and stop questions of "Where can 'x y and z' be found?"

IRT Route update: 7 Av line built to 96 St, construction commences today on the Bronx-Broadway branch, and the Lenox/Harlem branch, which will eventually connect to the Bronx  (2) which currently stub-ends west of 149 St-Grand Concourse.

-A   :ph34r: