Trainz Sim NYCTA Pics

Strain

Ok thanks Bstyles see GSUP8 coast way to much for my mom so i cant get it and my gmax crashes when i use it but anyway can you make this for TRS2006 and TC please and and i really not trying to be mean but if it sounds like i am then im sorry but how long and fast will it take cuz im really eager to use my first creation and can it be made into a spline please and thanks again.:cool::P:tup::tup:

Check email please.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bstyles

There's two emails in two parts Bstyles.

To Everyone else:

And when its done thanks go to Bstyles for his hard work in converting it and if you want the station PM me your email when Bstyles is done and ill give it to you. Hopeful its done soon. Sadly i wont be making as much cuz i dont want to trouble Bstyles for his conversion.

No problem. Happy New Years to everyone!

bstyles4life@aol.com

It's easy for me to get things from Sketchup into Gmax where I can edit them. You should add textures in Gmax for ease but that's a whole new level.

I've also created my fair share of elevated stations. In Sketchup:

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk157/BOJAMforeva/Step7.png

Now in Trainz as a spline:

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk157/BOJAMforeva/FinishedRoof.png

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk157/BOJAMforeva/ItsStupidOver.png

Island in Sketchup:

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk157/BOJAMforeva/IslandRoofs.png

Textured in Trainz as a spline:

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk157/BOJAMforeva/ElRoof-2.png

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk157/BOJAMforeva/ElRoof-1.png

Now all of them create a terminus:

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk157/BOJAMforeva/FourPieces.png

And for the station house:

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk157/BOJAMforeva/CustomStationHouse.png

In IM Viewer:

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk157/BOJAMforeva/EpicHouse.png

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk157/BOJAMforeva/EpicHouse-2.png

I'll make these viewable in a few days when Photobucket's bandwith limit resets.

PLEASE just use imageshack. It's free and there's NO bandwith limit, and they'll never get deleted.

Here's a few pics of a station I'm working on in sketchup also:

astation1.png

astation3.png

astation2.png

I have 2004 trainz and have the nycta download with a bunch of rolling stock. I am debating on getting 2006 is there a nycta layout ?

I don't see why to get 2006.I recommend Trainz 2009 or 2010.Better graphics more content.Better yet Trainz 2009 has 04,06 and Trainz Classics in it routes,trains and stuff.If you get 06 it will not have Metro North stuff in it.Trainz 2010 has nearly 20 routes like TS09 and once again they're updated old original routes from 04.06 and Classics.

PLEASE just use imageshack. It's free and there's NO bandwith limit, and they'll never get deleted.

I am not going to stop using a photo hosting service that I use to store the majority of my images over the last five years or so. This is only the first time that I exceeded the bandwith, and yes, I do have an Imageshack account, although Imageshack is not free, and has more or less the same rules as Photobucket.

But anyway, the bandwith reset last night:

Step7.png

FinishedRoof.png

ItsStupidOver.png

Island in Sketchup:

IslandRoofs.png

ElRoof-2.png

ElRoof-1.png

FourPieces.png

CustomStationHouse.png

In IM Viewer:

EpicHouse.png

EpicHouse-2.png

@Strain: I've been working on your station in the spare time. It seems that a lot of the decals are 2D, including the chair legs and the light supports, which is why it might have crashed Gmax. I will make them 3D for you and export them to the program with some new textures.

Edited by Bstyles

Bstyles in the last pic do you think you could send that station house to me that is just way to good and how and where did you get the turnstiles and ticket machines those are epic?

And one more thing can i send you one more station when my first one is done because im modifying my station and how long should it take?

Edited by Strain

Not yet. I'm trying to make as many canopy designs as possible, along with some more custom station houses, including ones at stations all around New York. So Far, this is only Stage 1, and I have lots more to go, depending on the designs.

@Strain: I did not find the turnstiles. I made them myself. The entire station house, including emergency exit, vending machines, and turnstiles is all one object which will have attachment points and bumpers so that you can place platforms and tracks.

I am not going to stop using a photo hosting service that I use to store the majority of my images over the last five years or so. This is only the first time that I exceeded the bandwith, and yes, I do have an Imageshack account, although Imageshack is not free, and has more or less the same rules as Photobucket.

But anyway, the bandwith reset last night:

Step7.png

FinishedRoof.png

ItsStupidOver.png

Island in Sketchup:

IslandRoofs.png

ElRoof-2.png

ElRoof-1.png

FourPieces.png

CustomStationHouse.png

In IM Viewer:

EpicHouse.png

EpicHouse-2.png

@Strain: I've been working on your station in the spare time. It seems that a lot of the decals are 2D, including the chair legs and the light supports, which is why it might have crashed Gmax. I will make them 3D for you and export them to the program with some new textures.

What is your exporting process? Is there any particular reason that GMax crashes when Sketchup-created .3ds files are imported and if so, what is your workaround?

Not yet. I'm trying to make as many canopy designs as possible, along with some more custom station houses, including ones at stations all around New York. So Far, this is only Stage 1, and I have lots more to go, depending on the designs.

@Strain: I did not find the turnstiles. I made them myself. The entire station house, including emergency exit, vending machines, and turnstiles is all one object which will have attachment points and bumpers so that you can place platforms and tracks.

So if you already put that in trainz would be able to send that to me?

If so my email is glichmaster@cox.net.

I will be starting a new project i found out about the 3D warehouse and i am planning on making a nice huge station with a Bus Terminal and stuff so hopefully i will learn how to convert it my self and also i hope the things i get off of the 3D warehouse will be able to use in Trainz if so this will be for TRS2006/TC.

Hello everyone! I've been really busy during the holiday season, and I've neglected my Trainz duties :P

Anyways, let me answer the questions that people have posted about my routes and pictures. If your question wasn't answered, please re-post it.

-The routes will not be available for Beta Testing until I get at least 75% done. Right now, it's about 15% done [all of Manhattan done from 59 St southbound, and the East River tubes (and lines into Queens)].

Have you ever thought of adding people these stations?

-The route will not have passenger enabled stations because that is a hell of a lot of work for 468 stations. Maybe certain stations like the Shuttles (Dyre included). I haven't made a final decision yet. Stay tuned.

how did you get those LCD Textures for the R160 by Jeff Morris

I got the templates from IRTBronxExpress. I opened the R160, and re-textured the destination sign. I made clones for each route that runs R160s since Jeff Morris does not have changeable rollsigns.

I am impressed by your work and I'm just curious are you working on several lines?

-Yes, I am working on multiple routes---pretty much the entire subway system. As far as sessions go...I'll have one or two trains at each line's terminus and pretty much you can drive the trains wherever you'd like.

-Because of a stay in the hospital and the holidays, I have not gotten very much work done. I started the 60th & 63rd St tunnels, and began the BMT Broadway-Jamaica line in Brooklyn. Only East River tunnels not done yet are Montague and Joralemon.

Reroutes are very cool. Any chance we could see a (J) or (Z) on 6 AV?

-Yes, you will see a (J) or (Z) via 6th Av. Maybe even a round trip back to Jamaica Center? :eek:

@Green Eggs n' Pelham do you think you could post pics of um 47-50th Street/Rockefeller Center,59th Street/Columbus Circle,Times Square,and Grand Central

-I will take some shots of those later on and upload them either today or in a few days' time.

That's it. I'll be taking requests for what routes/stations you'd like to see pictures of. Remember, I only have Manhattan done, from 59th St downwards. The only Brooklyn stations are the (F) York St, (A)(C) High St, and the (J)(M)(Z) Marcy Av & Hewes St.

-A:cool:

Updates:Bstyles is it ok if i send you these updates?

Yes you may. Also, since this is a full-length station I cannot make this a spline.

It's best that you do not texture the station in Sketchup, since these textures will not appear on the object in Gmax. It will be twice as easy to re-texture it in Gmax and scale it the right size.

Edited by Bstyles