Trainz Sim NYCTA Pics

Strain

Ya gotta come on AIM, Brighton  :P But to answer your question, I have built the (1) to South Ferry (connected to the old loops and the (4)(5) at Bowling Green, and the new terminal), and the (2)(3) have been connected to Boro Hall in Brooklyn. So, the only thing left for those lines is the Lenox Branch from 96 to 148, and the spur north of 135 St to Grand Conc-149.

Then I'll step away from the Bronx, and rep my home borough of Queens with the (7)<7>, and hopefully do it some justice with all the amazing scenery that line provides.

-A  :ph34r:

P.S. Pictures will be coming either later tonight or tomorrow afternoon!

Edited by GreeneggsnPelham

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I vary it up so I don't get bored. Sometimes, you just need a little change. But if we're talking methodology, usually I work from north to south, since Manhattan is a crazy grid of things. For this route, it started out as just the (5) from East 180 St to Grand Central; then the (2) White Plains branch, then I went south on Park Av to finish out Manhattan, and I went into Brooklyn, and did the Livonia and Nostrand Av lines. I did the stubs to the 7 Av line at Old South Ferry for a placeholder. Then, I did the 42 St shuttle, to ensure accurate spacing between the West & East Sides, then built up, then back downtown. I'm surprised the Loop spurs connected seamlessly with the 7 Av line at Rector St--I didn't even need to do any adjustments! Plus, the Queens (7)<7> is one of my favorite IRT lines, and the trackwork gets pretty complex, and I need some more brain busters :P After I reach 74 St-Broadway, I'll resume Bronx building and finish the (1). For me, it's not so much about doing it by borough as it is keeping things fresh, since route building is (for me) 3-6 hours at a time. But, when it comes to the Mega-route, if anyone is doing any type of Manhattan route, my suggestion is to start at 59 St and work your way outwards from there. The spacing between the (A)(B)(C)(D)(1) / (N)  (Q)(R) / (4)  (5)(6) stations at 59 St is crucial to the rest of the system south of it, so IMHO if you can get 59-42 correct, then the rest will be seamless.

Im making the Liberty City Subway With a Few Minor Changes.

(K) / (C) Become (S) / (H)

(J) / (A) Become (A) / (C). (A) Express , (C) Local

(E) / (B) Become (E) Only

(3) / (8) Become (1) / (2) / (S) Broker/Bohan Shuttle

Will be finished around 4/12/13.

Edited by Kendell

(1) running full time between South Ferry to 215 St, (2) from Chambers to 96, while signals are installed on the Lenox branch & Clark St tunnels.

IRTProgress2013-6.jpg

And of course, pics!

Cortlandt St 
trainz2013-02-1119-01-50-26.png

South Ferry
trainz2013-02-1119-30-17-77.png

trainz2013-02-1119-31-03-42.png

Crossover just north of the new (but now flooded and destroyed) terminal station
trainz2013-02-1119-05-49-78.png

Rector St
trainz2013-02-1119-02-25-47.png

Diverge goes to the old loop station
trainz2013-02-1119-03-20-39.png

Enjoy!

-A 

Just a quick little update. I recolored the surface tracks since they were too bright--I finally got them to the right shade and they look better than they did before!

Also, a quick shot of 135 St and Lenox. Work has been kicking my @$$ this week, so that planned Lenox-Bronx tunnel construction is still pending. 

February 13 Service changes include:

(2) extended to 135 St, full time. Late nights, it'll run local with the (1).

(3) implemented as an express between 96 and 14 Sts, weekdays from 6am-Midnight. Late nights, it'll still run in Brooklyn. The (4) will turn at Atlantic Av (not shown). Express tracks on 7 Av-Bway will be used as storage tracks until I complete Harlem-Lenox Yard.

I've also included some in-game shots while in Driver mode on the (1).

IRTProgress2013-7.jpg

New tracks

trainz2013-02-1419-57-36-84.png

135-Lenox (looking south)

trainz2013-02-1419-58-19-48.png

Driver Mode shots of the (1)

trainz2013-02-1120-44-32-84.png

trainz2013-02-1120-43-55-06.png

trainz2013-02-1120-35-40-07.png

trainz2013-02-1120-35-11-59.png

Enjoy!

Tried out that TMIX exporter. A-plus indeed. It saved me tons on time to try and get everything done through 3DS Max, and as an added benefit, the Elevated canopies are in game, looking better than ever.
trainz2013021623500739.png

No double face shares the same texture, giving it the most accurate lighting effect. This is by far the highest I've ever detailed an object, and the outcome is complete accuracy, at a sustainable frame rate.
trainz2013021623503521.png

Enjoy!

Excellent work B! I haven't tried the exporter yet, but I've installed it and I'm working on getting a handle on it in the next few days. @Rick, it's a steal right now for TS12 at only $20, so IMHO it's well worth it!

(2)(3) Lenox branch and Harlem yard have been completed, and connected to the Bronx at 149 St. I'm working on the East River tunnels right now for the (2)(3) and will be posting pictures later on tonight!

I'll be purchasing 2012 soon, so that I can run this route. It's shaping up really nicely, good job. Do you have any content 'database'? There's a lot of stuff scattered here, and on the Trainz forums, and there's going to be a lot of issues with missing dependencies when this route is released.

This project is only covering the IRT lines, correct?

Edited by ttcsubwayfan

I'll be purchasing 2012 soon, so that I can run this route. It's shaping up really nicely, good job. Do you have any content 'database'? There's a lot of stuff scattered here, and on the Trainz forums, and there's going to be a lot of issues with missing dependencies when this route is released.

AFAIK, BStyles is working on the B-Division.

Hey ace this route will be for trainz 2009 & up right?

This route will be for TS12 only. All of the content included is for 09 and up. 

Yes, this current project is covering only the IRT. I'm still debating covering the (A)(C) 207 St yard in its entirety, since it connects to the (1).

My mega-route is still pending as I need to do some heavy cosmetic surgery on the old route here.

Once we get the new website up and running we will provide a website and all current and non-obsolete content will be available there. What things do you currently need? I know that the link to the new version of the subway tunnels/stations with corrections to the errors you guys pointed out is lurking out there somewhere, I will post another link tonight.

AFAIK, BStyles is working on the B-Division.

You are correct sir!

Once we get the new website up and running we will provide a website and all current and non-obsolete content will be available there. What things do you currently need? I know that the new version of the subway tunnels with all the errors you guys pointed out is lurking out there somewhere, I will post another link tonight.

I don't believe I need anything right now, I just haven't been following the Trainz threads that closely so there might have been some things posted that I may have missed. Good luck with the new site!

The tunnels with errors - are you referring to the photos I posted a while back where the tracks were misaligned with the station?

You are correct. I just finished the track work up to 242 St. I will build the 240 St yard later on today and have some pictures tonight.

So the completed lines are: (1)(2)(3)(5), 42 St (S)

75% done: (4) (Bronx el needed)

60% done: (6)<6> (Bronx el needed)

10% done: (7)<7>

Yards completed: 239 St (2), Unionport/E 180 (2)(5), 137 St (1), Harlem (3)

Yards TBF (to be finished): 240 St (1), Jerome (4), Westchester (6), Livonia (3), Corona (7)<7>