Trainz Sim NYCTA Pics

Strain

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I been doing some station work along Central Park West from 110st To 145st. He is some of the results.

110St Northbound Plat

trainz2013-02-2803-18-19-42_zpsae8baedd.png

trainz2013-02-2803-19-23-69_zps8a7c4368.png

trainz2013-02-2803-24-56-74_zps8bc4abc9.png

110st Southbound Plat

trainz2013-02-2803-19-46-10_zps4e3cfc28.png

116St Northbound Plat

trainz2013-02-2803-20-30-87_zps5fcb204f.png

trainz2013-02-2803-25-20-02_zps8d21dbae.png

125st Northbound Plat

trainz2013-02-2803-22-05-91_zpse27d9da6.png

135st Northbound Plat

trainz2013-02-2803-23-26-43_zps18175c0f.png

trainz2013-02-2803-25-58-63_zps7dc8be68.png

looking at 135st southbound

trainz2013-02-2803-23-55-13_zpsaddb5b66.png

145st Lower Level

trainz2013-02-2803-28-53-21_zpsd80e6222.png

Good work! Won't the asset count get pretty high if you're using a custom wall for each? Other than that little snag I am impressed. Lol, I rarely am but this is ridiculously good!

@Threxx: Obviously MTA diverted funds from platform refurbishment so people are falling into the cracks literally :P

R33WF, you need to come work for BStyles and myself, pronto! 

Also, February 28 Progress Map. (6)<6> creeping into the Bronx, slowly but surely. (1) 240 St yard is complete, except bumpers and signals. After the Pelham line, I'll head back to Brooklyn, do the (3) Livonia Yard, then the Westchester Yard, and then....the final leg of the route, the Flushing/Corona (7)<7>!!!

IRTProgress2013-9.jpg

Pictures this weekend!

-A  :ph34r:

Edited by GreeneggsnPelham

Development Update (2 March 2013):
I will be updating the Subway stations to fix the gap problem (to those who have messaged me about this, I did receive your PMs), and also to address the issue of them not being compatible with the multi-platform versions of the AJS Invisible Stations. Only the 1T invisible station fits, as it's only 3.5 meters wide. The 2, 4, 6 and 8 track versions were 4m wide, which were too big for the NYCTA platforms--this caused a huge PITA, as for a four-track island station, instead of using the 4T model, I had to use four separate one-track invisible stations, which needless to say, sucks. I've exported out 80% of the newly extended platforms, and will be adding attachment points tonight and tomorrow. These will be ready for release by Wednesday. I know that seems like a long ways off, but I wanted to give myself enough time to remedy the problem, extensively test and correct errors, and fit in my full time job.

P.S. Unfortunately, the entire WPR line and Dyre line were oriented 60 degrees the wrong way on the map, and were slamming into the Pelham line around Hunts Point Av, so that entire portion is being rebuilt as we speak. However, it's not a long process, as I'm getting the hang of route building quick-style, so the (2)(5) should be back and built by Monday night.

That's some great news about the subway stations. It seems like you're almost nearing the completion of trackwork on the route, which is awesome! Question: if and when you decide to build the entire system, which seems far off, can you merge the A Division map with the (future) B division map to make it easier?

I'm not sure if I can do that or not, to be honest. Again, as in past posts regarding my sometimes-ineptitude with Trainz, it's not that I'm not willing but more of, "I don't know how without messing things up entirely".  :P  What I'll probably do, if the entire system route does get off the ground, is go back and open up the A-Division route, save a copy under a different name, and start building off of what's already completed. The easiest thing would be to start at the (A) northern terminus, since it technically "shares" the IND 207 St Yard with a few (1) trains and other A-Div equipment. 

Here is a screenshot from sketchup of the EL set pieces that I'm working on. They've been gathering dust in a lonely corner of my hard drive for almost three years and I found them, and spruced them up. I'll have individual shots and descriptions once they are in the game. I know not <all> of them are EL pieces in the screenshot--so nobody freak out apoke.gif

StationObjects.png

- (A)  :ph34r: