Trainz Sim NYCTA Pics

Strain

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wanted to update everyone--I've been reworking the signals, for several reasons. First, it's been promised by me in months past and is LONG overdue. Secondly, it gets rid of that annoying box in the center of the tracks that was useless anyway, and if you modify the "trackside" value, you won't have to worry about the box moving with it, so the signal will look natural. Also, as I've been doing the IRT route, I've noticed lots of different combinations of signals, as well as repeaters, home timer signals, etc. I didn't include these in the first pack because I wasn't sure how serious development was going to be on my routes, but after looking through the diagrams, if I want accuracy, I gotta include them. I've gotten all the home signals, repeaters, and normal/timer signals done. Right now, I'm working on the wall signals. The total count is 57 signals so far in this package--but don't be alarmed. If you're building a basic route and only want home, automatic and yard signals and couldn't give two you know whats about timers and all that jazz, then don't worry. The names will be easy to distinguish, and I'll even include photo files in the CDP that'll act as a "guide" for what signals to use and where they go.

Thanks for your continued support. Also--please feel free to start discussions about Trainz and such over on the new BDC Projects Page!

-A  :ph34r: 

Here's an update on the newly created home signal variations, wall signals, and third rail. The third rail spline you see in the pics are from the elevated station kit, and they are sitting on Samplaire's **wonderful** tracks which I will be implementing on the NYCTA routes in addition to our own home-grown versions.

New Signals
Home2xTimer.png

Home2-shot.png

Wall1-shot.png

Wall2-shot.png

WallHome.png

S curve between 174 & 180 Sts
ScurvetoE180.png

PortaltoGrandConc.png

At East 180th
E180North2.png

E180North1.png

Enjoy! Yard pics (when completed) will be coming soon!

-A  :ph34r: 

Edited by GreeneggsnPelham

Finally got to downloading the EL pack yesterday, great job Green. Sorry if you have seen me on AIM and I didn't respond, that is because I have 2 computers, and one just never logs off it for some reason. Hope to see the signals soon and I get my computer fixed so I can play Trainz, because they look great!!!

Thanks Greeneggs,

My (2) is the most complete out of all my routes however, i have my AI trains navigating to trackmarks for stationstops and i want to program them to dive to the station and wait unload passengers. and the (2) has like 98 stops both ways so just wait for the motivation to do that, plus minor touches, same with the (E) and the (A), (done enough to drive.) but most of my free time is now on this Harlem Route witch is done to tremont ave.

Just some shots of the recently finished Unionport Yard for the (2)(5). Next up is the smaller (and thanks to the new configuration, easier to build) E. 180 St Yard. To my beta testers: Around this time next week you should receive instructions in your inbox over at BDC Projects about how to get the route/session file.

Looking north, yard leads on the right, old NY&B on the far right.

Unionport3.png

Inside Yard view. Tk 22 connecting to Y2 in the distance

Unionport2.png

Overhead View--the empty space in the mid-left will be the E 180 St Yard soon.

Unionport1.png

Enjoy! More to come later on.

P.S. Yes, I will be adding the third rail splines later on. What?! There are third rail splines?! Yes, check the EL station kit, you'll find several varieties!

-A :ph34r:

Edited by GreeneggsnPelham

Thanks man! I'm just excited to get some scenery down in that area (I haven't visited any of the Bronx lines IRL)--so when I looked at Google Earth, I saw that some freeways are in the general area of the yards, so woot!

I'm working on the shed for E180 today, and then I'll complete Dyre Av. I'll post some progress shots tonight. Still no-go on videos because of the sound issue with TS12, and I know it'd suck to have videos without sound.

-A :ph34r:

P.S. If I have time tonight, I'll be tackling the (7) a little bit too.