Trainz Sim NYCTA Pics

Strain

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got caught up in the scenery around E180, and I finished the inspection shed for the E180 yard and connected it to the yard leads, so here are some shots of the finished product. I didn't get to Dyre or the (7) tonight, but tomorrow's Friday---so more work over the weekend! E180scenery1.png E180scenery2.png E180scenery3.png E180scenery4.png

Enjoy!

-A :ph34r:

Edited by GreeneggsnPelham

I've finished the Dyre line in its entirety. I never knew how many street bridge crossings this short stretch had, so most of the evening was dedicated to making sure those were in the accurate spots. Here are some shots, with minimal scenery to make it look nice :P I took a video of the entire southbound shuttle to give you guys a preview of the route, but it's taking a long time to upload, so that'll be posted tomorrow. BETA Testers: I will actually follow through on a deadline this time! The end of the weekend is here, and I'm gathering up all of the necessary files before packaging up the CDP and sending it out. Remember, look in your inbox at BDC Projects for the link and instructions. Refer to the post on that board to remind you who has which route and what portions. Except for a few sparse areas, none of the route is signalled.

Gun Hill Rd

trainz2013-04-2020-04-00-89.png

Portal to tunnels underneath Esplanade

trainz2013-04-2020-04-10-84.png

Dyre View:

trainz2013-04-2020-04-24-27.png

Baychester Av

trainz2013-04-2020-31-11-28.png

Approaching E180/Unionport Interlocking

trainz2013-04-2020-04-31-27.png

Enjoy the rest of your weekend gents!

IRT Progress Report:

The (2) has been truncated to East 180 St, due to the massive rebuild of the WPR line that I had to start a few weeks back. I'll be getting on that at the end of the week. In other news, the (7) has finally made it into Queens--those tunnels are steep!

I shall start signalling the easiest portions of the system--which is almost nothing, haha. I'll start on the (7) and the (1) south of Chambers and see how far I get before I go cross eyed.

IRTProgress2013-10.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

As you guys know, I made room in my KUID library for every type of NYCTA signal that is in use today on the system, with the hopes of elevating the standard of route building for TS with regards to the MTA, as well as to add another degree of realism to the game. At the time, these signals were purely for "show"--meaning that the coronas were available and displayed to distinguish them as timer signals, but their behaviors weren't that of their real world counterparts. This is because I am sorely lacking in the scripting department, and using triggers would be time consuming, cumbersome and frustrating. However, BDC International has found a solution to my shortcomings. ahehe.gif

I'd like to take the opportunity to introduce you followers of BDC & NYCTA to Subway_V, a good friend of mine living on the east coast who is a former New Yorker and a very talented scripter/coder. Behind the scenes for the last month, he has been writing and testing code to allow the grade time signals to behave like they do in real life--application of timers in the block that will only clear if the train maintains a certain speed (at or below what's been posted). His headaches have been more than mine, but after five beta tests, we are proud to announce a working release of the 1-shot GT signal for trainz. Due to hardware and scripting limitations, the signal will not work with actual timing, but with distance. All of the technical details are in the read-me manual (PLEASE everyone read this thoroughly several times before PM-ing me. It's only a page, so no worries), but the gist is this: the signal will remain at red+lunar until it clears--the only way it clears is by looking down the track at a set distance (customizable in the properties dialog) and ensuring the train is going at the appropriate speed. If you have trippers enabled and a train is speeding, the signal will trip the brakes and you'll come to a halt. All of this in a script without needing triggers!

Again, it is my honor and pleasure to welcome Subway_V to the BDC team as our resident scripter/coder and I am really stoked to announce the release of this signal. In the manual, there is a link to the NYC Subway Resource Site's "Guide to Signaling" to understand more about how this signal works in real life. There is no need for "beta" testing, as V and I have been beta-ing for a month and everything is 100% to my specifications and liking. Please test this signal out on your routes, post photos and videos. If there are any issues with install or otherwise, please post TWICE--once here in this thread only, and once over at BDC Forums. 

Enjoy!

NYCTA 1-shot GT Signal (v 1.1)
Signal CDP

Operational Notes (PLEASE DOWNLOAD AND READ FIRST!)
Operational Notes

After this, we will release the other variants of the 1-shot GT signal (overhead and EL), and begin work on 1-shot Homes, and 2-shot and ST signals.

NOTE: THIS DOWNLOAD WILL OVERWRITE THE EXISTING ONE-SHOT GT SIGNAL IN CONTENT MANAGER. Also, the overlap distance is set to 25m which is ~82 feet, so you should be able to link the signals closely like on the subway to get them to work properly. IF THE SIGNALS ARE WITHIN OVERLAP DISTANCE OF ONE ANOTHER (TOO CLOSE) THEY WILL NOT CLEAR CORRECTLY.

-A  :ph34r: 

Thanks Around the Horn!

Some lower level shots--right now, I'm just starting on the platform details and everything. I like how it's turning out, but I'm still not feeling that outside wall yet.  :mellow:

QBPLower2.png

QBPLL.png

More to come if the project doesn't drain my energy by the end of the night.

Let me reiterate something I've repeated about a million times. I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but it's something that people keep forgetting.

All of my content will be for TS2009 and up.

All of my routes/sessions will ONLY be for TS12. This is because surveyor works more seamlessly with TS12 and the NYCTA content than did TS09.

However, because this piece is exclusive to the IRT route for TS12, it will be only for that version of the game.

Update:

I've run into a slight problem I should have seen coming a mile way but (perhaps willingly) ignored---poly count. The poly count was ridiculously high--so much so that I dare not even repeat it here. The garbage cans, benches, station houses and stairs (up and down versions) are stand-alone objects that are part of a custom kit I released, so those can be taken out of the model and put back in separately in surveyor. The longer station houses at each end of the upper level will have to be made into new assets so that they'll be able to be used. The problem I'm having right now is to either release the station as a large one or to split it into two separate ones. I'll let you guys know later on today, but rest assured it will not take away from the quality of this station!