Trainz Sim NYCTA Pics

Strain

It been a long time since I last posted here. Here an update of my route

145st (1) Northbound platform (Back)

url=http://s491.photobucket.com/user/R33WFdia/stuff%203/Stuff4/trainz2013-12-0614-04-15-79_zps116ada70.png.htmlimg=http://i491obucket.com/albums/rr274WF/stuff%203/Stuff4/trainz2013-12-0614-04-15-79_zps116ada70.pngurl]

145 Northbound (Middle)r/R33WF/media/stuff%203/Stuff4/trainz2013-12-0614-05-20-56_zps6287f0c1.png.html]trainz2013-12-0614-05-20-56_zps6287f0c1.[/url]

145 Northbound (Middle)

img=http://i491.photobucket.com/albums/rr274/R33WF/stuff%203/Stuff4/trainz2013-12-0614-05-44-59_zps221a4b3f.png]

145st (1) Southbound platf (Back)

urhttp://s491.photobucet.om/ser/R33WFs/rr274/R33WF/stuff%203/Stuff4/trainz2013-12-0614-11-17-99_zpsc88dapng][/url]

1st (1) Southbound platform (Middle)urttp://s491.photobucket.com/user/R33WF/media/stuff%203/Stuff4/trainz2013-12-0614-08-27-22_zps32ed40a1.png.i//i491

Gee those photos look familiar :P

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey All---

I have resumed work on the IRT beta route, and I am pleased to announce that all of the revenue-service trackage is complete. Right now, I am working on completing the Corona, Westchester (Pelham) and 239 St yards before sending out another beta version.

Even though this is a huge landmark there is still lots of work to be done:

- Name plaques on all subway stations [outdoor stations are done]

- Passengers at all stations

- Names on all switch levers

- Destination signs on all platforms

- Trackside signs and signals 

- Navigation and stop markers

- Outdoor scenery and station objects (exits, maps, benches, etc).

Now while I tackle all of that, I won't have time to visually verify all portions of the route (the newer branches like the 2, 4 and 6 remain untested), so I need a very dedicated group of 5-6 individuals with significant Trainz/Surveyor experience to be beta testers on this new release. You need to be able to navigate the NYCTA system with little to no assistance and be able to report back (via BDC Projects) any issues you might see with the route. This requires you to spend some time physically driving all possible routes and switches end-to-end, as dragging a train over the lines in Surveyor isn't enough.

I am taking serious inquiries only for the positions! I am trying to have the beta release by Friday as doing yards really tries my patience and abilities!  :P

If you're interested, please write your name below. This is a first come, first served opportunity so act fast!

-A  :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey All,

I apologize for being away from this thread, as well as NYCTF lately. I've been posting updates on the openBVE & UTM Facebook pages, but that isn't fair to those of you who don't have my private information. So here's a short update on what's been going on:

-Due to FPS issues with a DEM map as a ground texture, I've abandoned that idea for NYCTA because it is so detail heavy (buildings, signals, etc), that I want to focus the routes on the trackage and surround scenery and not have the frames eaten up by a ground texture that'll be covered up by roads anyway. So unfortunately, the BMT Southern Shuttle has been scrapped for now.

-However, I have resumed work on the IRT Mega-Route that has been in production since December 2010. The entire system is finished track and station wise. Yards wise, I still have 1/2 of Corona, and the full layouts of Concourse/Jerome, 207 St, and 239 St to build. I expect this to be done by the end of March 2014. After that, I will focus my attention on station detailing, signals, and outdoor scenery. It is my hope that in Q4 2014, the entire route will be finished and ready for a beta release.

-For now there are a dozen beta testers acting as line superintendents checking everything on their assigned line from tunnel curves to stations to broken rails. I will be doing things a little out of order sometimes (I'll set up signals along a stretch, or plop down some scenery along a line) in order to make my video updates much more visually appealing.

The R160 by Mikey186 is in production and his revised script for changeable R142A LED signs is ready on the BDC website for release. (I will have to confirm his upload).

For now enjoy some pictures of Pelham Yard, Corona Yard and some recent (this evening) work on the Corona line's signals:

Pelham11.png

Pelham7.png

Pelham10.png

Corona1.png

111StSignals.png

WilletsPtSignals.png

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoy my Beta Route for my (1)(2)(3)(A)(B)(C) and (D) Trains.

TS12:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/4x...e6spj0/MTA.cdp

Description: This is the start of my MTA System so far the (1) is the main line and the (2)(3) branch off at University Plaza. And the (A)(B)(C) and (D) Lines aren't close to being done but its a start. Once again Enjoy.

Edited by Strain

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@ Strain it is an awesome route

just wondering if you could tell me where i could find <kuid:341504:1042>

i tried google with no luck and tried all the downloads at BDC

Ok sure thing and thank you.

Can you help me install the route for TS12? For the life of me I cannot figure out how the hell to use Trainz's Content Manager cr*p

Sure thing but what kind of problem are you having with the installation?

Edited by Strain

If there is a puzzle piece with a ? Next to it then you require dependencies. Right click the asset and select view dependencies. It will give you a list in a pop up window. Click on "view in Main List" and it'll show up in the main window of CM. From there scroll down to find any dependencies you need. These will have a "DS" icon to the left of them.

Hey Guys,

Work and life have kept me from updating here---and also because I've grown accustomed to updating via Facebook only, so apologies! The first route I am dedicated to releasing is the IRT Flushing line. This will be a solo route outside of the full IRT Megaroute, which is about 65% completed. I wanted to give something to all of the followers and supporters who have been patient with me these last two years. 

Currently, due to it being part of the original IRT Megaroute, all trackwork and yard tracks are done. Signaling and signage is complete in full between Junction Blvd & the terminal at Main St. All EL supports and viaducts are in place on the entire route. Currently, I am working on scenery portions (mainly for photos) in certain areas, as well as signaling the rest of the line. West of Times Square is built, but fenced off at the end of the tailtracks while I get more track/signal information about the Javits extension. Anywho, enjoy these photos which include a few sneak peeks at the home timer signals! 

61 St-Woodside
61-Woodside.png

Crossing over LIRR's Sunnyside Yard. What will be there is TBD--either a photo ground texture or actual trackwork.
LIRRSunnyside.png

The beginning of Queens Blvd (looking Flushing-bound)
QueensBl-32St.png

Queens Blvd Viaduct
QueensBlvdViaduct.png
Viaduct2.png

69 St & 74 St/Brooklyn-Queens Expwy
Roosevelt-BQE.png

Corona and the new Home Timers!
111St_02.png
111St_01.png
103-Corona.png

Enjoy!

Those are very good!

Once you download the CDP file, what do you do with it? Do you need any dependencies installed as well?

Once you download it drag it into the TS12 Content Manager and all deps can be found on Green's website. hope this helped

• 3 weeks later...