Trainz Sim NYCTA Pics

Strain

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I am using the R62 sounds by Bxmike88 from the DLS.

Also, an update on the B-Division for Trainz:

The 8 Av line is completed from 145 St to Chambers.

The 6 Av line is completed from both 53/5 and 57/6 to Grand St, and 2 Av stations, respectively. The Chrystie St cut and track-BJ connections to the BMT Jamaica/Nassau lines have also been completed. Though no models exist at this time, the Manhattan & Williamsburg Bridges have been modeled out. The MannyB ends at the Brooklyn portal, and the (J)(M)(Z) has been constructed to Marcy Av.

Sorry for not posting pictures here lately---I usually am uploading to Facebook now. I will get some progress shots in over the week!

-A  :ph34r:

P.S. The IRT Flushing line is 100% completed. Testing will commence the first week of July for any final bugs and a release date will be announced shortly thereafter!

Edited by GreeneggsnPelham

I am using the R62 sounds by Bxmike88 from the DLS.

Also, an update on the B-Division for Trainz:

The 8 Av line is completed from 145 St to Chambers.

The 6 Av line is completed from both 53/5 and 57/6 to Grand St, and 2 Av stations, respectively. The Chrystie St cut and track-BJ connections to the BMT Jamaica/Nassau lines have also been completed. Though no models exist at this time, the Manhattan & Williamsburg Bridges have been modeled out. The MannyB ends at the Brooklyn portal, and the (J)(M)(Z) has been constructed to Marcy Av.

Sorry for not posting pictures here lately---I usually am uploading to Facebook now. I will get some progress shots in over the week!

P.S. The IRT Flushing line is 100% completed. Testing will commence the first week of July for any final bugs and a release date will be announced shortly thereafter!

That's Great...

• 3 weeks later...

SubwayEngineer12 - How did you get access to the R40 Slant? I've been waiting for that since 2008, but I recall that Magicland disappeared from the Trainz community and never returned.

Interesting tidbit - I purchased Trainz 2012 in February 2013, and I still haven't installed it! OOPS!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

@Subway: I won't let this thread die either!

@Javier: Right now, I'm not sure if Jeff Morris' NYCTA Subway route is still available for 2009 or not. Search his name in the Download Station and find out. I know the 2012 version is still up and running. Since the system is very complex to build and accurately model, and lots of people are picky, and I myself strive for the damn-nearest-to-reality I can get in Trainz, the project is an on-going one. Right now, I am overhauling the IRT route to eliminate a bug that has delayed the (7) route release, but that will be available soon. I highly recommend upgrading to TS12 as it's miles ahead of 09. Yeah it's finnicky in some aspects like every other version of Trainz, but you'll be pleased. Right now, it's about $20, which is a steal, considering we're a few months away from Trainz: A New Era's release.

@Ramirez: Sorry for the loooooooooooong delay in responding. In the video, I used BxMike88's sounds, but I had to adjust the frequencies using a program called Audacity. Trainz 12 uses new 3D sounds that are at 44800 Hz. The hissing sound you're hearing is from the older sounds (pre-Trainz 12) not being at the correct frequency. Shoot me a PM and I can send you some new sounds that a fellow BDC Projects developer just released that'll help you out!

And with that---let's welcome a few introductory shots of the BMT Eastern Division. Btw, can anyone please tell me how it is that the Bushwick Av entrance to the yard is at street level, yet the Broadway side is elevated above the street? Did my signal plans not tell me something?

EastNY.png

JRPkwy.png

P.S. If you haven't already done so, please sign up @ http://www.bdcprojects.com for all the latest news and releases for Trainz NYCTA content that you won't find anywhere else!

Wait, I though that was Aces Route on Auran Fourms? Did he give up on it?

And the answer for your question, I have Jeff's route but for some reason the stations don't line up the tracks and it looks all weird. Is there anyway for you to transfer your Train 2012 Route to 2009?

I am Ace, one in the same. I haven't given up on anything. It's just that things take a really long time and effort for development. Coupled with the fact that many of us have personal lives outside of development, it's improbable to give a time limit on releases. Some days development is faster than others, but modeling the largest subway system in the country is no easy task. There will be periodic updates here, on BDC, and Auran. 

There's no way to backdate the route, so you'd have to have Trainz 12 to be able to run the route.

@Javier: Right now, it's only $20, so get on it while you can, as well as a First Class Ticket if you don't already have one.

@Brighton: I spoke to BStyles a few weeks ago---he's doing well, still shipped out in the Navy. He was back here in NYC for a month or so and did some texture grabbing. He's working on a really good R62A model for OpenBVE that he's hoping to convert to Trainz and release soon. The scripting department within BDC Projects is looking at ways to have the rollsigns change individually like their real life counterparts. Also, a shell for the R160 has been completed by Mikey186 from Auran (another BDC-er), and Randy from OpenBVE Connection is supplying us with the textures necessary for that model; Randy has done some excellent work on NTTs for OpenBVE over the last year or so.

That's all I got right now. Rolling stock is not my forte, and I haven't had the time to really sit down and learn the ropes. Instead of going balls to the wall and try to learn everything myself, I've helped assemble a great team of developers with varying strengths so that something is always being worked on. I've got my scripters (Mikey & Vaughn), my sound guys (several openBVE guys and Daniel), my texture person (Shomari), my Sr Content Developer who specializes in 3DS Max and is miles ahead of me (Jon Hull), and of course the big man himself Styles, who dabbles in a little bit of everything, but whose forte is rolling stock and being the only (AFAIK) cross-developer who's very proficient in openBVE & Trainz. I'm more of a signals/little tiny details/route building expert over anything else. I develop small items, but the big things that require scripting and such---I merely front ideas lol.

As for my end of the table:

IRT stations are being replaced to fix the baseboard floating objects issue. I started with New Lots and am working my way back into Manhattan.

B Division route is looking good. I just finished the BMT Myrtle Av line, the ENY Yard, and the Fresh Pond Yard. Did some immediate scenery around Metropolitan Av, and at the Myrtle/Wyckoff/Palmetto triangle where the (L) and (M) trains meet.

Btw, if anyone is wanting to develop something for the route, please shoot me a line. I have a ton of NYC-based items I want to create, but not sure I have the time to do so.

@Javier: Right now, it's only $20, so get on it while you can, as well as a First Class Ticket if you don't already have one.

@Brighton: I spoke to BStyles a few weeks ago---he's doing well, still shipped out in the Navy. He was back here in NYC for a month or so and did some texture grabbing. He's working on a really good R62A model for OpenBVE that he's hoping to convert to Trainz and release soon. The scripting department within BDC Projects is looking at ways to have the rollsigns change individually like their real life counterparts. Also, a shell for the R160 has been completed by Mikey186 from Auran (another BDC-er), and Randy from OpenBVE Connection is supplying us with the textures necessary for that model; Randy has done some excellent work on NTTs for OpenBVE over the last year or so.

That's all I got right now. Rolling stock is not my forte, and I haven't had the time to really sit down and learn the ropes. Instead of going balls to the wall and try to learn everything myself, I've helped assemble a great team of developers with varying strengths so that something is always being worked on. I've got my scripters (Mikey & Vaughn), my sound guys (several openBVE guys and Daniel), my texture person (Shomari), my Sr Content Developer who specializes in 3DS Max and is miles ahead of me (Jon Hull), and of course the big man himself Styles, who dabbles in a little bit of everything, but whose forte is rolling stock and being the only (AFAIK) cross-developer who's very proficient in openBVE & Trainz. I'm more of a signals/little tiny details/route building expert over anything else. I develop small items, but the big things that require scripting and such---I merely front ideas lol.

As for my end of the table:

IRT stations are being replaced to fix the baseboard floating objects issue. I started with New Lots and am working my way back into Manhattan.

B Division route is looking good. I just finished the BMT Myrtle Av line, the ENY Yard, and the Fresh Pond Yard. Did some immediate scenery around Metropolitan Av, and at the Myrtle/Wyckoff/Palmetto triangle where the (L) and (M) trains meet.

Btw, if anyone is wanting to develop something for the route, please shoot me a line. I have a ton of NYC-based items I want to create, but not sure I have the time to do so.

Speaking of developing, I'm currently in the process of converting the R142 from Trainz to GTA 4. But I do have some things I want to develop for your route. I'll send you a PM.

Awesome Green, I knew you would never let us down. Keep up the good work man.