Trainz Sim NYCTA Pics

Strain

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm getting really P.O.ed at how this is coming out but here it is i would really like some help.

Untitled-4.png

OK, here are some tips. The basic car length is 85 feet and the width is 126 inches or 10' 6" (although I don't know if that's at platform level or at widest point; my railcar models in SketchUp assume 126" at platform level). The car itself should be 96", interior floor to ceiling, with the roof arch coming out a maximum of 12" above the interior ceiling and the car chassis extending another 9-15" below the floor. Break the body of the car into five 15' sections, each including a window block (12' long and 30" wide), and worry about installing doors a bit later. The car body is also roughly rounded. PM me your e-mail and I'll send you some sample sections with dimensions over the long weekend.

Question:

What programs would I need to create my own subway cars and stuff?

For Subway Cars: Gmax,3DsMax,Autodesk Inventor or some other 3D modeling program.What Strain is using is sketchup which works as well.

As for stuff I supposed non-rolling stock items I recommend u reskin stuff on the DLS if not use one of those programs.

@Green Eggs mind sending me the complete MUS pack please(platforms,walls,tunnel,track etc...)thanks if so Subway7695@yahoo.com if not its ok.

How would I be able to do that (L) fan trip if 75 footers aren't allowed on the Canarsie line past Broadway Junction? I'd be willing to do it in TS2010 (just got a new laptop = better graphics card), but I need to know what type of car. I will do an Eastern Division fantrip on the (L)(J)(M)(Z) with R160s once I get an opportunity to build that far. I should have Broadway-Brooklyn (J)(Z) done to Broadway Junction by the middle of the week.

Depending on if I can get the assets to show, (CM is giving me hell), I should start using TS2010 for my pictures and videos from now on.

-A :cool:

P.S. Will upload MUS pack in a few hours. It won't include my custom signals or re-skinned AJS subsurface walls/columns because I need to get permission from the respective owners of the original assets to distribute them.

I feel so bad for not replying to this topic sooner... :o

Anyways, you've amazed me once more. Only if I could see the IND tracks past 59-Columbus, and the Bowling Green/South Ferry shuttle platform, then I'd be happy. :tup: I actually like your idea of sending 75 footers on the Eastern Division BMT line *points to (N)*

I hope to see more. :cool:

I'm sorting through the maze that is DeKalb/Flatbush Avenue and the mammoth amount of interlockings and transfers in that area. I have DeKalb and the switches to 4 Av/Brighton completed. Next is the (:o(Q) and (2)(3)(4)(5) to Atlantic, and the (D)(N)(R) to Pacific Street. Once that's done, I'll post some pictures of Uptown and Queens....

...once TS2010 and my new laptop get along that is!

No promise on pictures today, but I'll do my best to get a few up.

Hey I'm just curious about how you're able to take screenshots in Trainz. Whenever I do it just comes out with a completely black image when I go to paste it into paint. I want to post the Manhattan Bridge which I made out of tons of objects to make it look much more realistic than the bridge02 spline (I think that's the name).

Oh and if you get a chance I'd love to see how you did the whole Fulton Street area where all the lines cross over each other. :o

Hey I'm just curious about how you're able to take screenshots in Trainz. Whenever I do it just comes out with a completely black image when I go to paste it into paint. I want to post the Manhattan Bridge which I made out of tons of objects to make it look much more realistic than the bridge02 spline (I think that's the name).

Oh and if you get a chance I'd love to see how you did the whole Fulton Street area where all the lines cross over each other. :o

I'm not sure how to get good screenshots while in Surveyor mode (with the yellow spline point circles showing). All of my screenshots come when I am in Driver mode. Use the "free-roam view" option while in Driver to move around the map wherever you'd like and hit the print screen button to take a shot. You'll notice nothing happening, but it is taking a shot. Then, go into the Auran folder in the C: drive and look under Screenshots and all of your photos are there. I usually re-edit them to jpegs, re-name them and save them in a different folder for easier access. Then I delete the files from the Auran Screenshots folder. It keeps things simple.

Hope that helps you!

As for Fulton St--I'll get pics to this thread ASAP. Right now TS2010 is having issues, even though I have everything I need. Currently only R142A's are working for me! :o

How would I be able to do that (L) fan trip if 75 footers aren't allowed on the Canarsie line past Broadway Junction? I will do an Eastern Division fantrip on the (L)(J)(M)(Z) with R160s

P.S. Will upload MUS pack in a few hours. It won't include my custom signals or re-skinned AJS subsurface walls/columns because I need to get permission from the respective owners of the original assets to distribute them.

Read this:http://www.erictb.info/carhistoryembed.html

"(One exception was a Bicentennial fantrip using the 46's to Canarsie and Metropolitan. The stretch was pretty much straight, but traffic going in the other direction had to be stopped on the curved approaches to the bridge, and at the tight grade crossing leading to the Myrtle line".-Quote from site but its Trainz it can happen.

I rather you use an R-32/Slant fan trip than a 160 or R143. Thanks and its ok I'll send u something in return.

From what I gather from that website, the R46 went from Canarsie to Atlantic, then used the connection between the Broadway and Canarsie lines to get to the (J)(Z) Broadway Junction tracks. Then, it went to Myrtle Av, reversed and went to Metropolitan via the (M). Is that right?

Btw, I do not have the R40 slant as that was a special release from Magicland that is no longer available.

I suppose that's how it ran but either way it had only one way to get out Canarsie to Atlantic via (J) to Myrtle reverse etc..then going Manhattan bound it probably went via Chambers via (M2) how the (J) gets to Prospect Park or the Chrystie Cut.Its very interesting but either way I wanna se a 46 out there LOL.(In trainz) and btw I'll work something out with the Slants b\c I have em.

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to post a few pictures of my progress in downtown Brooklyn. I'll save the progress report map for significant expansions. Right now, as I'm typing this, the (2)(3)(4)(5) has been built to the connection with the (B)(Q) south of the Atlantic Av station. The Flatbush Av IRT/BMT tunnel has all six tracks built (Atlantic Av (B)(Q) built). Also, the (D)(N)(R) to Pacific St has been built as well.

The next project is finishing the Astoria El to Ditmars, and getting the (E)(G)(M)(R) complex done at Queens Plaza. (G) will only be built to 21 St-Van Alst. The 63 St (F) tubes will be built to south of the junction at 36 St/Northern Blvd.

Here ya go....

R68satDeKalb.jpg

A set of (Q) R68s at DeKalb Av

R68Q.jpg

DeKalb Av platform view

MyrtleAbandoned.jpg

Cab view of abandoned Myrtle Av station and X-116.

Bumper-Nevins.jpg

Bumper for track M south of IRT Nevins St

Brighton-4AvInterlocking.jpg

X-86, straight to Brighton, diverge to 4 Av

AtlanticInterlocking2.jpg

IRT Atlantic Av express platform view (looking north)

AtlanticInterlocking1.jpg

This interlocking and signals were a PITA to do! ;)

AtlanticDouble-Slips.jpg

No choice of routes on these double- and single- slips because the levers get in the way.

The pack is part of the cluster of pics I posted a few pages back. This is just a personal project for Strain.

I am currently testing the subway tunnels available over at MetroRUS, and it looks like I can make a few subway routes out of them with the help of Magicland's stations and any custom content, if necessary. I am also thinking about tackling the PATH as well.