Trainz Sim NYCTA Pics

Strain

Green, if it's not too late, you could use some of these as under river tunnels:

http://metrorus.ru/

Just look for the subway tunnels and download them off the Russian site. (You gotta enter in the code, then wait on that screen until it starts downloading.)

Props for 2trainmaster for giving me the link.

Wow those tunnels look great, but I'm having difficulty finding the download link for them. I downloaded some stations by accident, but then I thought I found the link for the tunnels but it was a .rar file which I'm not sure about. Do you know what the exact download link for those tunnels are?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow those tunnels look great, but I'm having difficulty finding the download link for them. I downloaded some stations by accident, but then I thought I found the link for the tunnels but it was a .rar file which I'm not sure about. Do you know what the exact download link for those tunnels are?

Don't worry I'll package them in a CDP for those who need it.Give me like 15min

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TJKMXMA6

Enjoy everyone.

Edited by 2 Train Master

I've also run into an issue. The UTun tracks have a floor that spans 2 1/2 tracks wide, which allowed a max of a 5 track tunnel without a gap in the floor. I'm trying to do a 6 track tunnel but can't find any object in the MUS pack that acts as the floor. I see that you some how managed to do it here. What object/spline did you use?

I used the AJS Subsurface Columns Concrete for the roofs. It's by paulzmay on the DLS. He has the following:

AJS Subsurface Columns (they're greenish)

AJS Subsurface Columns Red

AJS Subsurface Columns Concrete (used for the tunnels more than 4 tracks wide, otherwise I use the MUS Pfeiler)

For the floor, I just used the texture BallastDGrey, it's built-in since 2006. It looks 99% similar to the tunnel floors. You can hardly notice it.

Btw, are those river tunnels waterproof? Can I submerge them?

Hello all--it's been a busy week, but I have been making progress on lower Manhattan, despite a new job starting this week, and another next week. But enough of my try-to-be-cool intros....it's pics ya be wantin' to see!

ProgressReportMap.jpg

Finally finished Lower Manhattan. Now, onto Brooklyn, Queens, or Uptown?

RutgersTubes.jpg

Rutgers Tubes & East River

RFviewofWTC.jpg

Looking out the RFW of an R160 (E) sitting at WTC

Thanks to IRTBronxExpress for supplying the goods for me to make the following additions to my R160s:

R160QSide.jpg

(Q) on the MannyB

R160JSide.jpg

(J) on the WillyB

Now back to business:

R160JinBrooklyn.jpg

(J) again (Brooklyn end of the Bridge)

R160EatWTC.jpg

(E) at WTC

R46NviaCulver.jpg

(N) reroute via Culver

R32W.jpg

An R32 (W) at City Hall Yard. Someone forgot to chain the rollsigns....:(

R32WCityHallYard.jpg

Another shot of the R32 (W) just hanging out.

More in the next post

I could make you some rollsigns

@R32s, thanks for the offer on the rollsigns. I'm quite good at it though, thanks! :P

And...I started western Queens last night (E)(F)(G)(M)(N)(Q)(R)(7)<7>. I had to recalculate the distances between the East River tunnels based on a post from the forums about tunnel lengths...so it allowed me to use the Russian tunnel stuff that 2TrainMaster uploaded.

It totally blows mcq's stuff out of the water! :eek::eek::eek:

So, for all of what I have completed aside from Queens, it will be the German U-Bahn tunnels and tracks. The rest of my layout for utilize the Russian stuff. HUGE THANKS again for those awesome uploads. I'll post pictures tonight once I finish the Queens/Queensboro Plaza complex and Astoria lines.

-A :cool:

I will try to rework my elevated/subway stations/tunnels so that when it is released, you will have the utmost driving experience. I'm working on another spline segment as we speak and I got invisible tracks and attachment points down, and I will be taking requests for things you would like to see in the stations.

I will try to rework my elevated/subway stations/tunnels so that when it is released, you will have the utmost driving experience. I'm working on another spline segment as we speak and I got invisible tracks and attachment points down, and I will be taking requests for things you would like to see in the stations.

I'm assuming that these will not be TRS2006 compatible unless you release a CDP somewhere other than the DLS?

Not going to use the Russian stuff for anything besides long tunnels...I've found that using the objects/splines/tracks/tunnels is more of a PITA to get them right than using mcq's subway kit. Doing 23 St/Ely to 36 St, with the Queens Plaza interlocking shouldn't take one more than an hour. So, I reverted back to mcq. The East River tunnels and some interlockings on the 53 & 60 St tunnels are done in the Russian style...pics later!

Not going to use the Russian stuff for anything besides long tunnels...I've found that using the objects/splines/tracks/tunnels is more of a PITA to get them right than using mcq's subway kit. Doing 23 St/Ely to 36 St, with the Queens Plaza interlocking shouldn't take one more than an hour. So, I reverted back to mcq. The East River tunnels and some interlockings on the 53 & 60 St tunnels are done in the Russian style...pics later!

that interlocking only took me 3 minutes lol.

(Jamal trainz username)

Hehehe :( It was meant to be a gross exaggeration. Good to see you here on the forums Jamal!

Anyway, in reality it was maybe 10 minutes...just of trying to straighten everything out and make it look pretty. The German U-Bahn stuff is easier to work with.

I will *try* to get pics up by the middle of the week. I've been swamped lately guys! But, the Astoria line is done to 39 Av, the QBL is done to 36 St (with (F) connections from Queensbridge), the (G) from Court Sq to Qns Plaza, and the (7)<7> is done to the switches west of Rawson-33rd.

lol i exaggerated because I did it with jeffmorris's tunnels and tracks and they're the fastest when it comes to making and strengthening tracks

No offense that's just being lazy.I've seen people use Jeffmorris's stuff in a route and it looked great but it was missing the NYCTA feel b\c Jeffmorris stuff isn't as realistic as Magiclands content+ Floridarailmasters elevated track set.

No offense that's just being lazy.I've seen people use Jeffmorris's stuff in a route and it looked great but it was missing the NYCTA feel b\c Jeffmorris stuff isn't as realistic as Magiclands content+ Floridarailmasters elevated track set.

i understand what you're saying but i use him and Mcq's tracks and tunnels for the wide tunnel roofs

True but that's boring & lazy if ya ask me.

More detail=More realistic feel in the environment going from tracks,buildings,roads,people etc.

I thanked you only because I misguided my mouse cursor and meant to thank Green Eggs n' Pelham.

Jeffmorris stated that he had arthritis. I wouldn't have been able to make a subway station that good if my hands couldn't perform they way they do, so cut him some slack. You can't get quality and performance in the same package.

I thanked you only because I misguided my mouse cursor and meant to thank Green Eggs n' Pelham.

Jeffmorris stated that he had arthritis. I wouldn't have been able to make a subway station that good if my hands couldn't perform they way they do, so cut him some slack. You can't get quality and performance in the same package.

Duly noted, sir. I think that his el/subway stations pack is amazing for what it is, and his pillars, etc. I really don't have any issue with his material, just that the tracks and tunnels are simplistic. But, I utilize all of his stations, bridges and pillars on my routes, so his work is greatly appreciated. IMO, his station pack surpasses Magicland's in that there is a great deal of variation, both in configuration and lengths (they're split between 10-car lengths for Div A and Div :(. So, I didn't mean to sound ungrateful for Jeff's content. Without it, my route would be lame. So, thanks Jeff! :tup:

Also, I FINALLY got TS 2009 SP3 working after a million attempts on my new laptop, so I'll be utilizing Ish6's reskins of Jeff's items in my route. Luckily, I only constructed maybe 6 el stations before the release, so I won't have to replace much.

If and when work slows down, I *will* post pics guys. I apologize for the delay B)

-A :cool: