R36 Preservation, Inc.-nonprofit organization to restore #9400 & 9401

R36 Preservation

There's alot left to be said becuase you keep trying to get me to belive something that's not true. That's YOUR interptiation of what's been said, not the facts of the situation. They keep saying thier purpose is to restore the cars

And, this is a train issue. they are asking for something they are never going to get.

How About This, Sit Down Shut Up, Let Them Do Their Thing, I hope they they do this, Its none of your business to run your mouth about this, Let them decide what they want to do, I even Have a Plan of my own, I want a Pair of R32's, Im not going to sit there and bicth and moan about how they can't be fixed and what not, I will simply raise Money And hopefuly start a business on collecting Old Transit equipment (somewhere else, off property), Its Better than working for the Money Taking a**holes, so If I was you I would just chill and relax, The Men and women that works hard on the Museum equipment deserves respect, Not some silly ass comment, just because you don't like it, Be greatful for what you have because if it wasn't for these people working on musuem trains, we wouldn't have the equipment we have rolling today.

Read their website. Yet again I am compelled to call attention to the fact that I do not post without basis:

Everyone's got to start somewhere, and nothing is unrealistic with the right connections and the right attitudes. Lots of cars have been saved from the scrapper that way. If you don't think two cars are worth the trouble fine, but if they do, let them at least try. It's their decision not yours.

As for joining up with RPC that's not the best place for the cars. It keeps them on property which as has been said, museum/preserved cars are piling up and it seems every 20-30 years there is a "purge." I think their best bet is to get their own internal house in order, formulate a plan, make some decisions, talk to knowledgeable people who are affiliated with different museums, and then sit down with a board full of at least 5 people and decide what the best course of option is.

Some people on Subchat bitch like crazy because there are subway cars at places like Branford, Kingston, and Kennebunkport and this is exactly why. Surplus museum cars that were saved from otherwise certain scrap. Perhaps those cars would be better served at Kingston or Kennebunkport (I can speak for Branford in saying that we can't attempt anything with them at this time). However, let them find out what's possible, no need to try and make up their mind for them. Preservationists are in short enough supply as it is. There are a million railfans who just want to go and take pictures of things running in regular service but finding someone willing to even do as little as grab a brush, a can of paint, and put paint on a museum subway car is a lot harder than you think. If these guys want to fundraise, or even if they decide later they want to learn to restore cars, power to them.

The reason most museum collections are suffering is NOT poor quality volunteers. Those that do volunteer are absolutely amazing at what they do. The problem is the lack of QUANTITY of volunteers. 5-10 amazing restorationists cannot restore 8-12 subway cars and keep them consistently in good working order. More people are needed, so if people want to get into preservation by all means let them. It's not like they're going to do any harm.

You haven't said anything but the truth.

Me, I'd love to pitch in to help save a pair of subway cars (specifically Slants :)) but I really don't know where to start. I haven't been to any museum other than the Transit Museum although I do go on their trips but I want to do something more than that. I'd like to travel to Branford but time and financial restrictions set me back somewhat as I'm not making my own money and my schedule is currently backlogged until I'm done with this semester of school.

If I had the money I would help save all the subway cars from scrap, but unfortunately, it's easier said than done.

Kamen i'm with you 100% First off, If their intentions is to raise money to restore these cars where will these cars be restored at? on MTA property and you know there's going to be a ton of red tape with that. Their not going to ship them out somewhere and have this done, if the did they would have given the train to either bera or seashore museums.

I got news for you, this r36 prservation inc person will never post on here again. I guarantee it. You guys are getting worked up over something you don't even own. Its not worth it. Go to the transit museum and get your rocks off.

I don't know why people are trying to bash the person for willing to help, Nobody is doing nothing for the Cars, like subway guy said, the have 5-10 people who works on museum equipment and they do it good, so by this person and he might have more than just himself, to do the Job, I Myself want an R32 Pair with a Redbird Pair, an R42 pair and an R33WF single and Trust Me I am going to start rasing Money and learning how to fix and keep subway cars in good shape just so I can mantain them myself, Me I would move them somewhere else where its a whole bunch of land, I rather collect and make large Scale Models of subway cars than work for the (MTA), but ether way that Pair 9400-01 is saved, I wish I can help fix up the R26/28 pair, to Me they are more important, have the R26 Painted in that green, that would be nice, but If they need someone to work on those cars I will be right there with open arms.

You don't get it, these guys are doomed to failure, They are never going to get that pair, the MTA will never let them near it, so you are the ones who are wrong and you need to put a dam sock in it and shut up. you make it sound like i'm opposed to preservation just because I think the cars should be cared for by those who are actually in the capcity to do it.

To start with, they should not be selling thesemvels as "R36 preservation INC", unless they have actually been incorporated, which i can find zero documentation of.

Look, SO WHAT. They want to try, let them. You want to tell people how to live their life, move to China and become communist dictator of all Places That Are Not Free. You want to play semantics with me, you're not going to get a sparring partner because everything I've posted is 100% accurate and if you don't agree with it you're allowed, but I'm not going to get into a pissing contest over reading comprehension. You think they're doomed to failure, FINE, you expressed your opinion and that's it. But they're still allowed to try and instead of bashing their effort, people here in a sol called "railfan community" should at least support them and offer encouragement and advice. Preserving things is not easy (spoken AS a preservationist) and one of the things I hate most about this f**king hobby is the ingrates that come on here and expect things to be restored but don't lift a finger or open a wallet to help, then when someone else does they sit around and complain about the preservation effort and how "inadequate" it is from the comfort of their computer chair.

AS a preservationist, we do not preserve cars for railfans. We preserve cars because WE like them. I couldn't give half a shit about what railfans who do nothing "want". And I have no stake in this group. I'm a neutral third party. Those here who know me personally know my affiliations and what I do.

As it is there aren't enough preservationists and someone decides to try and do something good, so why bash them and make them back into inactive do-nothings like the rest of you?

Tell me, before you all bash on someone for trying...does anyone know the story of how Kingston got their R16??

You sit there and brag because you "used to" work for the Transit Museum. What do you do? Tell us all, what do you do keep subway cars preserved???

Look, SO WHAT. They want to try, let them. You want to tell people how to live their life, move to China and become communist dictator of all Places That Are Not Free. You want to play semantics with me, you're not going to get a sparring partner because everything I've posted is 100% accurate and if you don't agree with it you're allowed, but I'm not going to get into a pissing contest over reading comprehension. You think they're doomed to failure, FINE, you expressed your opinion and that's it. But they're still allowed to try and instead of bashing their effort, people here in a sol called "railfan community" should at least support them and offer encouragement and advice. Preserving things is not easy (spoken AS a preservationist) and one of the things I hate most about this f**king hobby is the ingrates that come on here and expect things to be restored but don't lift a finger or open a wallet to help, then when someone else does they sit around and complain about the preservation effort and how "inadequate" it is from the comfort of their computer chair.

AS a preservationist, we do not preserve cars for railfans. We preserve cars because WE like them. I couldn't give half a shit about what railfans who do nothing "want". And I have no stake in this group. I'm a neutral third party. Those here who know me personally know my affiliations and what I do.

As it is there aren't enough preservationists and someone decides to try and do something good, so why bash them and make them back into inactive do-nothings like the rest of you?

Tell me, before you all bash on someone for trying...does anyone know the story of how Kingston got their R16??

You sit there and brag because you "used to" work for the Transit Museum. What do you do? Tell us all, what do you do keep subway cars preserved???

You Got to Understand, Half of these Railfans, don't really give a Shit, As Much as I like R32's, I would Bust my ass, trying to get one and preserve it, I may sometimes be an ass or make stupid comments, but I really would like to preserve equipment and learn how to, That's My Goal, but I agree, The Railfans that always want want want should go help, I asked my freind that works in the TA about helping out, and he told who to go to, I know people that would need help, But personal stuff got in the way and its still in the way, But some railfans like this hobby because of the joyride and Railfan window, I like it because of the history that this subway has made, I find it funny when people bash someone that's willing to work on a SMEE pair, an IRT one at that, But Kamen rider needs to tie his shoes and relax, its none of his business on what people wants to preserve.

I find it funny when people bash someone that's willing to work on a SMEE pair, an IRT one at that, But Kamen rider needs to tie his shoes and relax, its none of his business on what people wants to preserve.

I agree with KR. The MTA would never let them near it, let alone work on it.

Go to the transit museum and get your rocks off.

Will I get paid for this? :(

Kamen i'm with you 100% First off, If their intentions is to raise money to restore these cars where will these cars be restored at? on MTA property and you know there's going to be a ton of red tape with that. Their not going to ship them out somewhere and have this done, if the did they would have given the train to either bera or seashore museums.

I got news for you, this r36 prservation inc person will never post on here again. I guarantee it. You guys are getting worked up over something you don't even own. Its not worth it. Go to the transit museum and get your rocks off.

Hes/she is not coming back, they just wanted to advertise the R-36 Preservation.

On the other hand, im up for this ideas, i think these Redbirds should be preserved for history. I mean come on, even the Lo-Vs, R1/9 and past cars have been saved.

You Got to Understand, Half of these Railfans, don't really give a Shit, As Much as I like R32's,

You like the R32s 100%. But its cool.

Ahhhh trains... They're much, much harder to restore than an old, vintage bus is, mainly because they can't really be moved about that easily and they're pretty much confined to tracks- it'll take a lot of effort to get that whole thing going, especially gaining the clearance to even come near the trains.

Live and let live!

• 1 month later...

Our website is now updated with a section on "Meet 9400 & 9401" with facts on these R36s. Our Twitter page is up at http://twitter.com/R36Preservation]twitter.com/R36Preservation. You can ask us questions on Formsping at http://www.formspring.me/R36Preservation]www.formspring.me/R36Preservation.

Look for a interesting fundraiser to come during the holiday season.

Sincerely,

R36 Preservation.

You were saying Dan..?

I'm going to explain this one last time. I'm not against the cars being saved. I'm not againts them rasing funds for the cars. my problem is there is one hurtle many of you have ether forgotten or are chosing to ignore, and the is the MTA itself. They will not go along with R36 INC, or anyone else except for the TA itself (via the museum) or RPC, taking over a section of one of thier mantince shops to care for two cars. they will not go along with this group running exchursions with the cars. Why? becuase they are afraid of getting thier @sses sued off.

They certainly will not allow this group to run trips with the cars.

The general trend is not to allow outside groups to purchase cars. But it's been done before and can possibly happen again. One of the biggest reasons why they won't sell cars to outside groups is asbestos. Abatement is expensive, but perhaps if the group raised enough money to afford a proper abatement...well, you never know.

Things aren't as open and shut in TA as you make them seem. A lot isn't just what you ask, but who you ask, and when you ask.

Archived