MTA Bus New Flyer D60HF's are back in the Bronx

Orion

I just took some pictures of 5348, it had Gun Hill Depot logos, and it was doing service on the Bx12 local. It was still labelled MTA Bus instead of New York City bus. I will get the pictures on the Laptop (it takes my camera's chip thingy), and transfer them to my CPU sometime today. I wonder why they transfer buses so much.

We need our buses back. Alot of "you bro, and papi I don't have the fare" to pickup.

Tell em "No fare no ride!" On second thought.......... naw, I don't wanna get you shot in tha Boggie Down! Ya'll got some ruff customers up there! At least they don't try to hitch a ride on the back bumper like in the movie "Bronx Tale." I wonder if they really used to do that??

Tell em "No fare no ride!" On second thought.......... naw, I don't wanna get you shot in tha Boggie Down! Ya'll got some ruff customers up there! At least they don't try to hitch a ride on the back bumper like in the movie "Bronx Tale." I wonder if they really used to do that??

Yeah they did. I rememeber one summer seeing a bunch of kids on rollerblades hanging to the back of an RTS on the Bx3. Are they still having a shortage of artics in the BX?

Yeah they did. I rememeber one summer seeing a bunch of kids on rollerblades hanging to the back of an RTS on the Bx3. Are they still having a shortage of artics in the BX?

Yes we do. So many sit in the shops, is the main reason why. Numbers wise they have enough. Service wise they don't.

When I worked on the Bx19 some kids on rollerblades hanged on the back of the bus. I stopped, they stopped and kept holding on. I waved down a cop car, and their reply was run them over. MTA doesn't see it that way. One time on the Bx1/2 when going up the Concourse N/B, kids were "surfing" on the back of the bus. Standing on the bumper, holding onto the A/C grill. I got out and warned them "if you get hurt, to bad, you've been warned, I ain't stopping". I get to Burnside, and what do I see on the back of the Bx40/42. Kids doing the same crap.

Tell em "No fare no ride!" On second thought.......... naw, I don't wanna get you shot in tha Boggie Down! Ya'll got some ruff customers up there!

That is how B/Os get assaulted here. Even though I don't mind 2 years of paid time off, I know me. You hit me, your getting hit back. I am from the PJs myself, so I keep my eyes on people who might attempt to start trouble. If they go to the back, and decide to exit out the front, I keep my eyes on them, and one hand on my seatbelt button. Plus I pull up the parking brake before opening up the door, and turn towards the door. it makes them really think, and they never try anything, as they realize you ain't the driver who comes from the burbs. They actually respect that.

Kids should be forced to pay IMO, they find that paying the fare is optional, something has to be done, they cause alot of delays and crowd up the front because their friend's sitting or standing next to them. Then they complain when I muscle my way through after saying excuse me for 2 times. Also no school passes, Kids use them as an excuse too much saying that they lost it or blah blah blah.

I hate how people argue because they are forced to pay thier fare when they don't want to, it makes no sense, I tend to jump into those arguements , always against the complainer, since being a Bus Driver seems stressful enough. Most people don't realize how tough your jobs can be, I do.

Kids should be forced to pay IMO, they find that paying the fare is optional, something has to be done, they cause alot of delays and crowd up the front because their friend's sitting or standing next to them. Then they complain when I muscle my way through after saying excuse me for 2 times. Also no school passes, Kids use them as an excuse too much saying that they lost it or blah blah blah.

I hate how people argue because they are forced to pay thier fare when they don't want to, it makes no sense, I tend to jump into those arguements , always against the complainer, since being a Bus Driver seems stressful enough. Most people don't realize how tough your jobs can be, I do.

The kids, forget it. Even TWU says let them ride regardless. What I hate about the free rides (adults only), is the customers who paid just to watch others get free rides. Even though I stopped caring (actually I never did), it does dawn on the driver of those who paid, who have to watch you let others on for free.

Archived