Create your own bus route!

Broadway Local

FamousNYLover, I'm sorry but I won't be able to get to your map requests until this weekend. I've been working really hard lately on the express bus map of the full 5 boroughs and will hopefully be done with this soon.

The Long Island express bus won't be part of the map because it would just be too cluttered, and the BxM4C will be the same color as the other Bronx buses but have some distinction in its bullet than the rest. (Like how the X23 and X24 AE buses are different compared to the other SI Expresses)

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FamousNYLover, I'm sorry but I won't be able to get to your map requests until this weekend. I've been working really hard lately on the express bus map of the full 5 boroughs and will hopefully be done with this soon.

The Long Island express bus won't be part of the map because it would just be too cluttered, and the BxM4C will be the same color as the other Bronx buses but have some distinction in its bullet than the rest. (Like how the X23 and X24 AE buses are different compared to the other SI Expresses)

That's OK.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's an express bus route I created: the X26. The route would operate rush hours only between Dyker Heights, Brooklyn at 7th Avenue and 92nd Street and Midtown Manhattan at 3rd Avenue and 57th Street.

The route would travel to Midtown via 7th Avenue, 86th Street, 4th Avenue, Flatbush Avenue, Manhattan Bridge, Bowery and 3rd Avenue.

The route would travel to Dyker Heights via Lexington Avenue, 23rd Street, 3rd Avenue, Bowery, Manhattan Bridge, Flatbush Avenue, 4th Avenue, 86th Street and 7th Avenue.

The express section would be from Bowery and Canal Street in Chinatown, Manhattan to 4th Avenue and 86th Street in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn.

What do you guys think?

Here's an express bus route I created: the X26. The route would operate rush hours only between Dyker Heights, Brooklyn at 7th Avenue and 92nd Street and Midtown Manhattan at 3rd Avenue and 57th Street.

The route would travel to Midtown via 7th Avenue, 86th Street, 4th Avenue, Flatbush Avenue, Manhattan Bridge, Bowery and 3rd Avenue.

The route would travel to Dyker Heights via Lexington Avenue, 23rd Street, 3rd Avenue, Bowery, Manhattan Bridge, Flatbush Avenue, 4th Avenue, 86th Street and 7th Avenue.

The express section would be from Bowery and Canal Street in Chinatown, Manhattan to 4th Avenue and 86th Street in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn.

What do you guys think?

I think anyone that would subject themselves to such a route should bring a pillow !

having anything run on bowery & across the manhattan bridge to flatbush/4th is torturous enough during rush hour..... then you wanna run it on 4th all the way to 86th st.... and then across the heart of commercial 86th st.... wow....

Seriously, that won't be much of an express route.....

It almost looks like you chose the slowest routing possible on purpose....

I think anyone that would subject themselves to such a route should bring a pillow !

having anything run on bowery & across the manhattan bridge to flatbush/4th is torturous enough during rush hour..... then you wanna run it on 4th all the way to 86th st.... and then across the heart of commercial 86th st.... wow....

Seriously, that won't be much of an express route.....

It almost looks like you chose the slowest routing possible on purpose....

I figured that... When I looked over it, I thought to myself that this wouldn't work after all. To be honest, creating a bus route is not very easy when the creator, namely me, don't consider factors, such as street traffic and other transit alternatives in the area. Anyway, thank you for the constructive criticism. When I plan another bus route next time around, I'll be sure to consider those all-important factors. B)

I figured that... When I looked over it, I thought to myself that this wouldn't work after all. To be honest, creating a bus route is not very easy when the creator, namely me, don't consider factors, such as street traffic and other transit alternatives in the area. Anyway, thank you for the constructive criticism. When I plan another bus route next time around, I'll be sure to consider those all-important factors. B)

Sure, no prollem :tup:

I'll give you props as well for taking the criticism w/ such openness; a rarity in this community.....

• 3 weeks later...

• Bx7A - replaces the Bx20. It would operate like the current Bx4/4A, one via Henry Hudson and another one via Riverdale Ave.
  • Bx28/28 LTD - replaces the Bx38. Locals would short turn at Norwood, LTDs would terminate at Fordham Ctr, weekdays only.
  • Bx55/55A - Extensions to Wakefield. 55 would terminate at Mott Haven, 55A would terminate at Yankee Stadium (maybe that shopping center at 153 St...)
  • Bx6/6A - same, but the 6A would serve west of Hunts Point.

lol... A certain someone could use that advice...
Hmm... :P Edited by IRT Bronx Express

• Bx7A - replaces the Bx20. It would operate like the current Bx4/4A, one via Henry Hudson and another one via Riverdale Ave.

• Bx28/28 LTD - replaces the Bx38. Locals would short turn at Norwood, LTDs would terminate at Fordham Ctr, weekdays only.

• Bx55/55A - Extensions to Wakefield. 55 would terminate at Mott Haven, 55A would terminate at Yankee Stadium (maybe that shopping center at 153 St...)

• Bx6/6A - same, but the 6A would serve west of Hunts Point.

You mean Bx38 buddy. Other than that, great ideas. Personally, I think the MTA should drop this a,b,c thing and just designate them as new routes.

Bronx: Starts at Ny Oprhan Aym Rd, turn south on Palisade Rd, Turn Right on 254th st, Turn South on Independence Ave, Go down Alderbrook Ln to 247th St. 247th St to HHPKWY, to 246th St. East on 246th St. South on Post Rd and Bway. East on Van Cortlandt Park S, then up Goevenur Rd, (Orioff Ave in opposite direction). Contiune down Gun Hill Rd. South on Bronx Blvd to Burke Ave. South on Bouck Ave, Loop on Phelam Pkwy to Willamsbridge Rd, and Eastchester Rd, South on Jacobi Medical Center West, East on Morris Park Rd, South on Eastchester Rd, South on Waters Pl, Up Westchester Ave to Middletown Rd,Loop on Bruncker Blvd from Country Club Rd to Wilkinson Ave, then continue down Middletown Rd, end at Rice Stadium.

• 1 month later...

Route Idea, B33 Kings Plaza to Seagate: Hours 5AM-2AM 7 days a week

Kings Plaza

Ave U/Gerriston

Ave U/Nostrand

Ave U/Ocean

Ave U/East 16th

Ave U/CI Ave

CI AVE/Ave Z

CI Ave/Neputne

Neputne/Ocean Pkway

Neputne/W5th(B68 stop to CI Term)

Neputne/W8th

Stillwell/Neptune

Stillwell/Surf(On stilwell ave)

Surf/W17th

Surf/W22nd

Surf/W27th

Surf/W33rd

Surf/W37th

Follows B36 route back to Surf ave via W37th/W33rd

Runs 12 Mins from 5AM to 6:45 AM 7-8 Mins Rush hour. 10 mins off peak. 15 mins from 9PM to 11PM, 45 mins from 11PM-2AM

Saturday 10 Min Service

Sunday 12 Min Service.

NEW EXPRESS BUS SERVICE ROUTE idea:

Between: Mill Basin (BM6), Canarsie (BM7), Sheepshead (BM8) & Gerristen Beach (BM9) to W Midtown:

BM6/7/8/9: West Midtown- 59th/Columbus Cir

via 6th Ave.

Same routing to take effect in Brooklyn, however, once off the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel

Right on West Side Hwy, Right on Warren, Left on 6th.

Stops at:

Church/Chambers

Church/Worth

6th/W.4

6th/W.14

6th/W.23

6th/W.34

6th/W.40

6th/W.49

6th/W.54

Left at CPS, stand at CPW & 60th.

Return via 7th

59th/Columbus Cir

7th/57th

7th/50th

7th/40th

7th/34th

7th/23rd

7th/14th

7th/Houston

Right on Houston, Left on West Side Hwy Non-stop to Battery Tunnel to BK.

Hours of Operation: 6 Roundtrips (AM), 6 Roundtrips (PM) Buses run every 20 mins.

7:20, 7:40, 8:00AM, 8:20, 8:40, 9AM- AM rush.

4:20, 4:40, 5:00, 5:20, 5:40, 6PM- PM Rush.

No Saturday service.

Edited by Future ENY OP

Don't have enough time to edit my map, so I'll just post it here, and update it later.

M26 LTD- South Ferry to Columbus Circle via West Street.

Mostly like the former X26, but extended to Columbus Circle.

No local service.

To South Ferry:

Starts at Columbus Circle.

Merges onto 59 Street.

Right on 7th Avenue.

Right on 23 Street.

Left on 11 Avenue.

Merge onto West Street.

Right on West Thames Street.

Left on Battery Place.

Right on State Street.

Right on Broad Street.

Right on South Street.

TERMINATES at South Ferry Bus Loop.

To Columbus Circle:

Right on Whitehall Street.

Left on State Street.

Left on Battery Place.

Right on Albany Street.

Left on West Street.

Merge onto 10 Avenue.

Right on 23 Street.

Left on 8 Avenue.

Right on 42 Street.

Left on 6 Avenue.

Left on 59 Street.

Merge onto Columbus Circle.

TERMINATES at Columbus Circle Bus Stop.

Will probably be extended in later drafts.

Man, this threads going dead. So, I got a few more routes.

M19 - South Ferry to Midtown Manhattan

Uses Gorgor's M24 and Broadway solutions.

To Midtown Manhattan:

Starts at South Street/Whitehall Street, Right on Whitehall Street, Right on Water Street, Left on Frankfort Street, Left on Gold Street, Right on Beekman Street, Merge onto Barclay St, Right on Church Street, Left on Reade Street, Right on Hudson Street, Merge onto 8th Avenue, Left on 14 Street, Right on 10 Avenue. Left on 73 Street, TERMINATE at Broadway and 73 Street.

To South Ferry:

Starts at Broadway and 73 Street. Left on Broadway, Left on 48 Street, right on 7th Avenue, Left on 42 Street, Right on Broadway, Left on 36 Street. Right on 5th Avenue, Right on 33 Street, Merge onto Broadway, Left on 14 Street, Right on Broadway, Merge onto State Street, Right on Broad Street, Right on South Street. TERMINATE at Whitehall Street/South Street.

Minus well throw one in here before it dies. Again.

Combine the Q32 and Q33.

Bad. The M60 already goes from Manhattan-LGA, and the Q32 being the Midtown connection would be too long without it having a non stip portion.

M76 LTD - South Ferry to Roosevelt Island.

Mix between ThrexxBus's M16 and Hoodciti's M78 (credit goes to them of course!)

To Upper West Side and Roosevelt Island:

Starts at South Street/Whitehall Street. Right on Whitehall Street, Left on State Street, Merge onto Battery Place, Right on Church Street, Right on Chambers Street, Right on Park Row, Merge onto Barclay Street, Right on Church Street, Right on Worth Street, Left on Centre Street, Merge onto Lafayette Street, Merge onto 4th Avenue, Merge onto Park Avenue, Left on 25 Street, Right on Madison Avenue, Right on 59 Street, Merge onto Queensboro Bridge, Merge onto Queens Boulevard, Left on Northern Boulevard, Left on 31 Street, Left on 36 Avenue, Merge onto Roosevelt Island Bridge, Right on Main Street, Right on West Road, TERMINATE at Goldwater Memorial Hospital Unit

To South Ferry:

Starts at Goldwater Memorial Hospital Unit, Left on Main Street, Left on Road 5, Right on East Road, Right on Road 3, Right on West Road, Merge onto Main Street, Right onto Roosevelt Island Bridge, Merge onto 36 Avenue, Right on 31 Street, Right on Northern Boulevard, Right on Queens Boulevard, Merge onto Queensboro Bridge, Merge onto 60 Street, Left on 5 Avenue, Left on Broadway, Left on 14 Street, Right on Broadway, Left on Spring Street, Right on Lafayette Street, Merge onto Park Row, Left on Broadway, Merge onto State Street, Right on Broad Street, Right on South Street, TERMINATE at Whitehall Street/South Street

Bad. The M60 already goes from Manhattan-LGA, and the Q32 being the Midtown connection would be too long without it having a non stip portion.

Then how about extending the Q33 to Woodside LIRR?

Click on the image to make it a little bigger...Q57Map.png

The Q57, runs between Church Av/Nostrand Av (Church Av (2)(5)) in Flatbush, Brooklyn and Woodhaven Blvd/Hoffman Drive (Woodhaven Blvd (M)(R)) [Queens Center Mall] in Elmhurst, Queens. Turns around in Queens using the Q11, Q21 and future Q52's congested turn-around route. I don't know where to have it turn around on the Brooklyn end. Runs non-stop between Pennsylvania Av/Fulton St and Woodhaven Blvd/Myrtle Av.

Edited by Mysterious2train