Create your own bus route!

Broadway Local

I downloaded a PNG bus map and used MS Paint.

In return, How did you make the destination sign?

He didn't, it was made for him...

This one is kinda fantasy, and it kinda isn't:

My version of the Spring Creek route, the B18: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213458373195564989412.0004c53603b1f6a2307f2&msa=0

Edited by Threxx

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

M61, the express version of the M60 everybody wants:

M61MapPic.png

After stopping at the (N)(Q) station, it gets onto the Grand Central Parkway and stays on it until the airport (heading East, heading West, it gets on around 77th St) Although the Parkway is supposed to be passenger cars only, hopefully the MTA could pull a B83. Also, it doesn't stop in East Elmhurst like the M60. Although, now that the M60 just recently had a slew of stops cut (which this map doesn't take into account), the idea of this express service is already compromised.

And for comparison's sake, here's the M60 before it had a bunch of stops cut (I omitted the Morningside Av, Frederick Douglass Blvd, Park Av and 3 Av stops on 125th St, but almost everything else in Queens is the same - I forgot a Manhattan-bound stop at Astoria Blvd and 33rd St. Woops.)M60MapPic.png

Edited by Mysterious2train

I would switch the routes a bit:

M60 - 106 Street/Broadway to Laguardia Airport via Astoria Blvd Local.

M60X - 96 Street/Broadway to LaGuardia Airport via Grand Central Parkway.

In addition, I would also create 2 new routes.

M61 - 168 Street/St. Nicholas Avenue to LaGuardia Airport via Broadway, 125 Street, Astoria Blvd Local

M61X - 168 Street/St. Nicholas Avenue to LaGuardia Airport via Broadway, Harlem River Drive, Grand Central Parkway

M60X Stops:

96 Street/Bway

106 Street/Bway

110 Street/Bway

116 Street/Bway

St. Nicholas Avenue/125 Street

125 Street/Lenox Avenue/125 Street

125 Street/Lexington Avenue/125 Street

125 Street/2nd Avenue/125 Street

Hoyt Avenue/31 Street

M61X Stops:

168 Street/Broadway

157 Street/Broadway

St. Nicholas Avenue/155 Street

155 Street/Fredrick Douglass Blvd

VIa Harlem River Drive

Hoyt Avenue/31 Street

------------------------------------------------------------------

@MaBSTOARTS He's right. I didn't make it, I requested it in the Original Arts Thread. I should really add the credits to the sign..... But where did you download the map?

Edited by TrainFanInfinity

• 3 months later...

Obviously 100% fantasy:

https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid=214504384267441423605.0004cfaad442f2492ed88&msa=0&ll=40.622161,-74.124241&spn=0.081043,0.154324

The one problem with my S67 plan is that the expressway prevents either area (the area north of it vs. the area south of it) from getting bidirectional service, and this would rectify that.

There's a condo complex, which prevents the S41 from reaching South Avenue, though since it's fantasy, I could always route it through there. :P Break down the gate (or have a guy open and close it every 15 minutes). In real life, you also probably wouldn't be able to get a bus down Bard Avenue south of Forest (too narrow, and there's probably a lot of NIMBYs there, and low demand)

Of course, if there was a pedestrian bridge connecting both sides of the SIE around halfway between South Avenue & Richmond Avenue (those are the only streets where you can cross the expressway), then that wouldn't be an issue.

"OK, ladies and gentlemen, we will continue our scheduled route through this man's living room." :lol:

Is that S41 based on a College Avenue route I proposed a while back?

LOL. Talk about "door-to-door" service.

In any case, it's a variation of a route I proposed a while back: http://www.nyctransi...200#entry309679

Edited by checkmatechamp13

I'm resurrecting this very, very, VERY old thread because I have this route, which is not anything but fantasy.

The Bx25, between Washington Heights and Van Cortlandt Park.

https://maps.google....0.0047,0.009645

It might be able to work on 30 headways. It's only disadvantage is it's overduplication of other lines.

Obviously 100% fantasy:

https://www.google.c...081043,0.154324

The one problem with my S67 plan is that the expressway prevents either area (the area north of it vs. the area south of it) from getting bidirectional service, and this would rectify that.

There's a condo complex, which prevents the S41 from reaching South Avenue, though since it's fantasy, I could always route it through there. :P Break down the gate (or have a guy open and close it every 15 minutes). In real life, you also probably wouldn't be able to get a bus down Bard Avenue south of Forest (too narrow, and there's probably a lot of NIMBYs there, and low demand)

Of course, if there was a pedestrian bridge connecting both sides of the SIE around halfway between South Avenue & Richmond Avenue (those are the only streets where you can cross the expressway), then that wouldn't be an issue.

Of the two, I see the S41 the most potential as it provides needed coverage and expanded service. As for reaching South on the west end, I'd just loop it around Forest. It wouldn't take that long.

Regarding the S67, it provides good coverage, but I could only see it with 60 minute regular frequency. Nonetheless, good proposals that had a lot of thought and effort go into them.

Of the two, I see the S41 the most potential as it provides needed coverage and expanded service. As for reaching South on the west end, I'd just loop it around Forest. It wouldn't take that long.

Regarding the S67, it provides good coverage, but I could only see it with 60 minute regular frequency. Nonetheless, good proposals that had a lot of thought and effort go into them.

Thanks, man.

Well, with the S67, it was actually a twist of a plan I actually intended to implement (this one to be exact). With the S57 off Watchogue Road, the S67 would be able to get 30 minute headways.

With the S41, the only problem is that Bard Avenue south of Forest is a really narrow street. It's on a hill, so something tells me it's a NIMBY type area. The homes there are nice, but generally don't strike me as too fancy, so there might be a little bit of ridership potential there.

Though now that I think about it, if the only issue is that portion of Bard Avenue, maybe it could just take College-Manor-Forest-Bard-Richmond Terrace. It would hit a commercial area of Forest, and provide the people with a faster alternative to the S48 (though it might not be too much faster, because alongside Silver Lake Park is mostly residential). It hits a commercial area, a hospital, and the ferry (as well as a commercial area on the western end if it ended at Forest & Richmond). Doesn't seem too bad......

I stand corrected. The S67 would have a better chance of working after all then.

As for the S41, I would advise against your alternate routing as it hurts the routes coverage and potential ridership. I would make all efforts for the S41 to serve South West Brighton. The only problem I see with Bard Ave is the curve at the east end. Consider a Bement-Matthews-Bard route as the streets are a bit wider and the area a bit more dense. The area doesn't seem NIMBY, just (sorry for the over use) suburban.

Lastly for uniformity and partial connections, I'd have both the S41 & S67 share their west terminus. The S41 could follow the S67's routing south of Watchouge over to South Ave, as the S41 Jules Drive section in Graniteville likely wouldn't garner much riders.

As for the locaton for the terminus, it can remain in that residential area, but I would be tempted to continue on South to Forest, likely by turning around using Neatherland and Grandview.

I stand corrected. The S67 would have a better chance of working after all then.

As for the S41, I would advise against your alternate routing as it hurts the routes coverage and potential ridership. I would make all efforts for the S41 to serve South West Brighton. The only problem I see with Bard Ave is the curve at the east end. Consider a Bement-Matthews-Bard route as the streets are a bit wider and the area a bit more dense. The area doesn't seem NIMBY, just (sorry for the over use) suburban.

Lastly for uniformity and partial connections, I'd have both the S41 & S67 share their west terminus. The S41 could follow the S67's routing south of Watchouge over to South Ave, as the S41 Jules Drive section in Graniteville likely wouldn't garner much riders.

As for the locaton for the terminus, it can remain in that residential area, but I would be tempted to continue on South to Forest, likely by turning around using Neatherland and Grandview.

The only problem with that is that you'd have to make a sharp turn from Clove Road to Bement Avenue. If Tyler Avenue was one-way going eastbound, you could just have it take Clove-Tyler-Bement-Matthews, but unfortunately, that's not the case. I mean, you could have it take Clove-Glenwood-Broadway-Harvest, but that misses most of Sunset Hill.

And the thing with the SIE service road is that I don't think demand would be that high that it could support two routes running down the street. I have a feeling that people along College Avenue would prefer connections to shopping by Forest & Richmond, rather than connections to a residential area (I mean, there's shopping by Forest & South, but it would take longer to get there, and there's less shopping in general)

As for the western terminal of the S67, well, in real life, I definitely wouldn't terminate it over there, because I'd rather connect them to shopping by Forest Avenue. My original plan called for service to Arlington to boost ridership, because I figure that the S40 & S48 see decent usage in that area, so the S67 might as well. But then I was thinking more, and realized that the people in Arlington aren't really trying to get to the areas by the S67. I mean, you might get a few using it as an alternative to the S48 to reach the Richmond Avenue routes, but that's about it.

I figured that in order to terminate at Forest, rather than loop around on Netherland, you could go a couple of blocks up to Brabant and terminate at the Mariners' Harbor Houses. Not that I'd expect tons of people to use it from there (because they'd be too busy using the S40/46/48 like they do now), but I figure there's no traffic on that portion, so you might as well spend the extra couple of minutes to get there.

The only problem with that is that you'd have to make a sharp turn from Clove Road to Bement Avenue. If Tyler Avenue was one-way going eastbound, you could just have it take Clove-Tyler-Bement-Matthews, but unfortunately, that's not the case. I mean, you could have it take Clove-Glenwood-Broadway-Harvest, but that misses most of Sunset Hill.

And the thing with the SIE service road is that I don't think demand would be that high that it could support two routes running down the street. I have a feeling that people along College Avenue would prefer connections to shopping by Forest & Richmond, rather than connections to a residential area (I mean, there's shopping by Forest & South, but it would take longer to get there, and there's less shopping in general)

As for the western terminal of the S67, well, in real life, I definitely wouldn't terminate it over there, because I'd rather connect them to shopping by Forest Avenue. My original plan called for service to Arlington to boost ridership, because I figure that the S40 & S48 see decent usage in that area, so the S67 might as well. But then I was thinking more, and realized that the people in Arlington aren't really trying to get to the areas by the S67. I mean, you might get a few using it as an alternative to the S48 to reach the Richmond Avenue routes, but that's about it.

I figured that in order to terminate at Forest, rather than loop around on Netherland, you could go a couple of blocks up to Brabant and terminate at the Mariners' Harbor Houses. Not that I'd expect tons of people to use it from there (because they'd be too busy using the S40/46/48 like they do now), but I figure there's no traffic on that portion, so you might as well spend the extra couple of minutes to get there.

Sounds fair. Do you have run time predictions? Perhaps you could possibly create a mock schedule.

Sounds fair. Do you have run time predictions? Perhaps you could possibly create a mock schedule.

I made one for the S67 already: http://scaped.net/bus/67 If it terminates in Mariners' Harbor, I guess you could subtract like 3 minutes from the runtime. I just realized that the problem is that the runtime would leave you with excessive layover times off-peak, but I guess it could be interlined with the S48 or something.

For the S41, I'll see if I can find the time to make it.

Well, I'll get to it, but here's the timepoints I'll use for the route:

http://scaped.net/bus/S41

From Forest & Richmond to College & Jewett, it would take about 6-8 minutes.

From College & Jewett to Clove & Bard, it would probably take about 7-9 minutes.

From Clove & Bard to Bard & Castleton, it would probably take about 8-9 minutes

From Bard & Castleton to St. George, it would probably take about 12-13 minutes

So the total runtime should be about 33-39 minutes, depending on the time of day.

Q63 CO-op city to green acres via clearview with stops at northern blvd and supplements Q50 LTD but reverse direction then hillside and via 212 st to hempstead ave then cross island one exit to linden blvd then via hook creek blvd to green acres.

That route has almost nothing to do with Queens lol with it's terminals in Nassau and the Bronx

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal

Q63 CO-op city to green acres via clearview with stops at northern blvd and supplements Q50 LTD but reverse direction then hillside and via 212 st to hempstead ave then cross island one exit to linden blvd then via hook creek blvd to green acres.

So let me get this straight, you want a route that will connect Co-Op city with the middle of nowhere in Queens/Nassau county, that runs on the highway for most of the time and makes stops at random exits?

So let me get this straight, you want a route that will connect Co-Op city with the middle of nowhere in Queens/Nassau county, that runs on the highway for most of the time and makes stops at random exits?

Let him have his fun. After all, the whole point of this thread is for fantasy routes.

middle of nowhere your kidding right have you seen the traffic there!!!! It will link northern blvd to the bronx and will link ALL NICE queens to nassau lines to the bronx it will link to hillside lines and serve queens village and it will link to LIRR local trains at rosedale and take queens village folk to green acres. It will be much faster than being stuck on the cross island. This only uses cross island between 2 exits meaning a very short stint.