Create your own bus route!

Broadway Local

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

S45: https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid=214504384267441423605.0004cfaad442f2492ed88&msa=0&ll=40.616298,-74.112396&spn=0.1621,0.308647

If it weren't for that detour required to get around the SIE, this could probably be a viable route. A straight shot up from the SI Mall to Mariners' Harbor, providing some north-south service between South & Richmond.

I routed it down Merrymount to increase the catchment area of the route. In an ideal world, you could reroute all the Richmond Avenue routes through there too. Obviously, the problem would be the NIMBYs (and with that many buses running down a residential street, I wouldn't blame them for fighting back).

The S67 and the S45 in that area around the SIE seems to be overkill... also, I think the S41 would be better taking the current S46 route between Richmond Avenue and Arlington, and going to the future "Arlington Transit Center."

I wouldn't run them both there. I just didn't feel like making a seperate map.

And if the idea is to connect it to the North Shore Line, you could just have it connect at Van Pelt & Linden, which is where the old Mariners' Harbor station used to be (I don't know if you've ever been out to that part of SI, but if you look into the trench, you can see the remains of the old station). And if it ran along the S46 route between Richmond & South (which I'm not quite sure what you mean by that), that wouldn't provide a north-south route between Richmond & South.

I wouldn't run them both there. I just didn't feel like making a seperate map.

And if the idea is to connect it to the North Shore Line, you could just have it connect at Van Pelt & Linden, which is where the old Mariners' Harbor station used to be (I don't know if you've ever been out to that part of SI, but if you look into the trench, you can see the remains of the old station). And if it ran along the S46 route between Richmond & South (which I'm not quite sure what you mean by that), that wouldn't provide a north-south route between Richmond & South.

The point wasn't to provide a north south route, the S46 is proposed (under the North Shore proposal) to take a different route from it's current route.

The point wasn't to provide a north south route, the S46 is proposed (under the North Shore proposal) to take a different route from it's current route.

I think I see what you're saying. You're saying to send it straight up South, serve the ATC (has a nice ring to it, right?), and then go back across Brabant and eventually go to Walker & Morningstar (which is where they'd want the S46 to terminate).

Eh, well, like I said, it would need a better street network in order to actually perform the way I want it to. Lamberts Lane gets really narrow in that area, so that route wouldn't be able to exist anyway IRL.

YEARS AGO I came up with a bus route that would go from Bay Ridge throug parts of SI and end in Bayonne. Such a NJ/SI/Bkln bus route would be really cool. And it was a LOCAL, not a LTD or anything like that, & ran all day & all night (possibly/intrinsically/implicitly 24 hours(?) ).

• 1 month later...

What about buses running West End Avenue & Broadway?

M16 165th Street Ft. Washington Avenue - Lafayette & Houston Streets (Soho)  Via Broadway & West End Avenue

M17 116th Street Jefferson Park (East Harlem) - Worth & Centre Streets (City Hall) Via 116th Street, West End Avenue & Broadway

M18D 168th Street Washington Heights - 23rd Street Madison Square Park Via Convent Avenue, West End Avenue & Broadway

What about buses running West End Avenue & Broadway?

M16 165th Street Ft. Washington Avenue - Lafayette & Houston Streets (Soho)  Via Broadway & West End Avenue

M17 116th Street Jefferson Park (East Harlem) - Worth & Centre Streets (City Hall) Via 116th Street, West End Avenue & Broadway

M18D 168th Street Washington Heights - 23rd Street Madison Square Park Via Convent Avenue, West End Avenue & Broadway

Not completely sure about the M16 routing, but I can tell you that north of 72nd, there is no demand for service on West End Avenue.

The M17 is unnecessary, it's called the (1) train.

If the M18 makes a return, this routing is not one it should take.

Just saying.

Somewhat of a fantasy, but another interpretation of the West Side route...

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213458373195564989412.0004d2ca1db23380096b2&msa=0&ll=40.754409,-73.959618&spn=0.075291,0.154324

Edited by Threxx

M60 SBS

M60A: Current M60 route - 125th St - LGA via Astoria Blvd

116th St - Columbia University

125th St - Broadway

125th St - St. Nicholas Av

125th St - Lenox Av

125th St - Park/Lexington Avs

125th St - 2nd Av

Astoria Blvd - 31st St

Astoria Blvd - Steinway St

Astoria Blvd - 49th St

Astoria Blvd - 82nd St

Delta Terminal, LGA
Terminal C, LGA
Central Terminal, LGA
Marine Air Terminal, LGA

M60B: 125th St - Flushing via Astoria Blvd

125th St - Broadway

125th St - Lenox Av

125th St - 2nd Av

Astoria Blvd - 31st St

Astoria Blvd - 49th St

Astoria Blvd - 82nd St

Astoria Blvd - 94th St

Astoria Blvd - 100th St

Astoria Blvd - 108th St

Shea Rd - 125th St (Game days only)
Main St - Northern Blvd
Main St - Roosevelt Av

Local service is provided by an extended Q69 to Flushing, replacing the Q19.

Peak Frequencies:
M60A: every 12 minutes

M60B: every 15 minutes

Q69: every 15 minutes

Think about Bronx bus route restoration... At least ... Bring back BX14. what else it might happen. Good news Country Club resident.. It 3 years Bronx bus route not been restored yet... Bx34 bus service been restored. How about restoring Bx41 to Wakefield 241 street to whereever. example. Restoring Bx39 . Clason Point to Gun Hill Road.. saying.

M60 SBS

M60A: Current M60 route - 125th St - LGA via Astoria Blvd

125th St - Broadway

125th St - Lenox Av

125th St - 2nd Av

Astoria Blvd - 31st St

Astoria Blvd - 49th St

Astoria Blvd - 82nd St

Delta Terminal, LGA

Terminal C, LGA

Central Terminal, LGA

Marine Air Terminal, LGA

M60B: 125th St - Flushing via Astoria Blvd

125th St - Broadway

125th St - Lenox Av

125th St - 2nd Av

Astoria Blvd - 31st St

Astoria Blvd - 49th St

Astoria Blvd - 82nd St

Astoria Blvd - 94th St

Astoria Blvd - 100th St

Astoria Blvd - 108th St

Shea Rd - 125th St (Game days only)

Main St - Northern Blvd

Main St - Roosevelt Av

Local service is provided by an extended Q69 to Flushing, replacing the Q19.

Peak Frequencies:

M60A: every 12 minutes

M60B: every 15 minutes

Q69: every 15 minutes

Good news & bad news. M60A is good route... But the bad news is to create M60B. At least M35 have to be discountinued . Let M60B replace M35 that bad news. Say goodbye to M35. welcome M60B to replace M35.