BERA Weekend with bonuses.

Dave160

The guys up there really did a great job restoring all the cars up there. The R9 ran great up there. Anyway here's pictures from Saturday.

P1190942.jpg

Here's something for the signage lovers.

P1200037.jpg

P1190953.jpg

P1190956.jpg

P1190965.jpg

P1190967.jpg

P1190969.jpg

P1190971.jpg

P1190983.jpg

P12000392.jpg

*Now some real bonuses*

P1190996.jpg

P1200007.jpg

Mineola controllers.

P1190994.jpg

August Belmont's crapper on his private "IRT Mineola" car.

P1200005.jpg

His kitchen.

P1190997.jpg

P1200011.jpg

Now that's a RFW.

H&M Car

P1200013.jpg

P1200017.jpg

P1200018.jpg

Operators area.

P1200019.jpg

P1200003.jpg

Think this is the interior of a training car.

Third Av car.

P1200020.jpg

P1200032.jpg

Interior of IRT Money Car "G"

P1200024.jpg

P1200025.jpg

P1200029.jpg

Part of a Hi-V.

--Extra's--

P1200052.jpg

Board at Union Station said soon to be replaced.

P12000556.jpg

M8 in the distance.

Ooh, 503. One of my favorite cars. A real treat to operate as well. 3662 (the Hi-V) actually moved out of the barn under its own power today, as it was moved to a different barn (it now lives near the Brooklyn El cars). I took some photos of it in the loop but they're on someone else's camera...i'll have to email them later in the week to retrieve the photos.

As for 1689, did you get to run it Dave? It's a fun car to run and once you're spoiled by it, 6688 becomes "less interesting", hah.

Speaking of which, good thing that issue with the R9 happened when you were at the high-level platform...

Ooh, 503. One of my favorite cars. A real treat to operate as well. 3662 (the Hi-V) actually moved out of the barn under its own power today, as it was moved to a different barn (it now lives near the Brooklyn El cars). I took some photos of it in the loop but they're on someone else's camera...i'll have to email them later in the week to retrieve the photos.

As for 1689, did you get to run it Dave? It's a fun car to run and once you're spoiled by it, 6688 becomes "less interesting", hah.

Speaking of which, good thing that issue with the R9 happened when you were at the high-level platform...

Yep, got to run it, and it was great. Really is a treat to operate. I can get used to that braking system real quick.

EXCELLENT photos Dave. Hope you enjoyed the tour of all things NY.

He actually got very lucky Joe he was one of the last to run it before the compressor problem developed. And yes I told the operating crews all weekend if it was gonna lay down that was the best place for it. It didn't block the high level platform or the mainline and stayed out of the way till end of ops when I added to it with the R17 and we laid it up on Sando.

Yep, got to run it, and it was great. Really is a treat to operate. I can get used to that braking system real quick.

Heh...maybe we'll make a motorman out of you yet.

He actually got very lucky Joe he was one of the last to run it before the compressor problem developed.

There's nothing wrong with the compressor, the problem is in the brake cylinder. Car is OOS for a few weeks.

@GojiMet86, the line is electrified with trolley wire. Most of the cars have a trolley pole installed on the roof.

There's nothing wrong with the compressor, the problem is in the brake cylinder. Car is OOS for a few weeks.

So if the problem is in the brake cylinder how come the air gauge was telling me I had nothing in the Main Res when I went to charge?

Edit: NVM I'll call you later.

@GojiMet86, the line is electrified with trolley wire. Most of the cars have a trolley pole installed on the roof.

Joe, send me the full "G2" concerning 1689.

I got the full scoop this evening. If Joe hasn't filled you in when you read this, give me a call tomorrow and I will.

I got the info, I guess it was a good thing that the car was dumped. Had the car gone BIE on the road, it would have been a big problem.

I got the info, I guess it was a good thing that the car was dumped. Had the car gone BIE on the road, it would have been a big problem.

Yup that's the truth. It should be back in service before long though, not that it's needed for public ops but perhaps we can bribe a few prospective volunteers with some handle time if they work on some of the other cars. Plus I'm sure we'll want to take a few trips. :P

Hey, the way I see it is "you work, you play". One free trip down the line for every motor you install. :P

Heh. Seriously though as long as folks come up and work on the cars I'm OK with letting them run something if the weather's not too cold as a "bonus" for helping out.

Archived