Worth Ave Station And (R)

Jen

My Friend Nat He Works In The Mta.He Said That Worth Street Station Was Abaoden Because Due To (C) Line Expeinsion So Little By Little The Track Under Worth Street Became Abadon.Due To (C) Trains Stopping At Skipping Worth Street.Worth Street Became Closed.No More (C) Trains Run To Worth Street.Also That Nevins Street (On (2) & (5)Had 2 Levels One For Rush Hour Service And The 2 Level(Present)For All Time.The First Floor Of Nevins Street Was Used For The <5> To Skip Nevins.Other Time (5) & (2) Trains Would Stop There Because If There Were A Other (2) Or (5)Train on top Of Them.Anyway The 1 Floor Of Nevins Street Closed It Self Due To Singaling Extation.There For <5> Was Elimnated.And The (2) And (5) Rusemed There regalr Times.Good Bye Nevins Street Lower Level.

And The (R) I Forgot.Before In 1987 (R) Trains Ran To Astira Ditmars Blvd.(Where (N) And (W) Used To Be.)And There Was A (H) Train Long Before (K) Was Built.(J) Trains Used To Run To 121 St Not 161 St.Theres A Wall That Stops All (J) Trains For Preciding Any Further.(S) There Was One (S) Train That Ran From On 15 Stops Then Today!Please Say Something If I Got Anything Wrong Thanks!

I Don't Understand People Talk Like. This.(R) And Leave Out Important...

Anyway, yes the (R) used to run to Astoria and yes the was a (H) and yes there was a (K)

There used to be an orange and yellow (S).

Orange (S): 21st St – Queensbridge – Lafayette Street

Yellow (S): 21st St – Queensbridge and 57th Street/7th Avenue then extended to 34th St/Herald Sq

Here you go:

http://www.columbia.edu/~brennan/abandoned/

As for the (R), it used to go to Astoria...but now it doesn't.

http://www.nycsubway.org/maps/historical.html#1980

A few years back, I overheard this lady asking another woman about getting home from Astoria. The woman replied that she [the one asking] had to take the (R)®. Yes, the Double one.

A few years back, I overheard this lady asking another woman about getting home from Astoria. The woman replied that she [the one asking] had to take the (R)®. Yes, the Double one.

[sARCASM]Yes, that is correct. Take the 70(RR) to Astoria. Also, you can try the 70(EE), (NX), and the 70(CC).[/sARCASM]

That lady was sure outdated.:eek:

I Don't Understand People Talk Like. This.(R) And Leave Out Important...

Agreed. I really wished some people would use periods today and learn how to use lowercase and capital letters. The ones that type like this:

today i saw a r68 r its so cool i didnt get pics but plz u guys any of u believe me plz im begging u i dont lie i relly saw it!

I don't even bother to read it

Agreed. I really wished some people would use periods today and learn how to use lowercase and capital letters. The ones that type like this:

today i saw a r68 r its so cool i didnt get pics but plz u guys any of u believe me plz im begging u i dont lie i relly saw it!

…and posted something more coherent.

Lol, Your right.....

IMG_8623.jpg

My Friend Nat He Works In The Mta.He Said That Worth Street Station Was Abaoden Because Due To (C) Line Expeinsion So Little By Little The Track Under Worth Street Became Abadon.Due To (C) Trains Stopping At Skipping Worth Street.Worth Street Became Closed.No More (C) Trains Run To Worth Street.Also That Nevins Street (On (2) & (5)Had 2 Levels One For Rush Hour Service And The 2 Level(Present)For All Time.The First Floor Of Nevins Street Was Used For The <5> To Skip Nevins.Other Time (5) & (2) Trains Would Stop There Because If There Were A Other (2) Or (5)Train on top Of Them.Anyway The 1 Floor Of Nevins Street Closed It Self Due To Singaling Extation.There For <5> Was Elimnated.And The (2) And (5) Rusemed There regalr Times.Good Bye Nevins Street Lower Level.

All of the Nevins St info concerning the (2) and (5) is incorrect. There are 2 levels at the station but the lower level was never used for any type of service. It was built and abandoned before the IRT had any numbered lines. Sounds like " Nat" has been pulling your leg. Or hitting the pipe.

All of the Nevins St info concerning the (2) and (5) is incorrect. There are 2 levels at the station but the lower level was never used for any type of service. It was built and abandoned before the IRT had any numbered lines. Sounds like " Nat" has been pulling your leg. Or hitting the pipe.

Or his/her memory is as distorted as her spelling is. I remember when I was a kid (age 4~5) and I was being driven over the Williamsburg Bridge, I went home and drew a bridge with tracks varying in elevation along the bridge like a sine wave; the tracks do vary in elevation relative to the road, but not enough to make a dozen camel humps.

Also That Nevins Street (On (2) & (5)Had 2 Levels One For Rush Hour Service And The 2 Level(Present)For All Time.The First Floor Of Nevins Street Was Used For The <5> To Skip Nevins.Other Time (5) & (2) Trains Would Stop There Because If There Were A Other (2) Or (5)Train on top Of Them.Anyway The 1 Floor Of Nevins Street Closed It Self Due To Singaling Extation.There For <5> Was Elimnated.And The (2) And (5) Rusemed There regalr Times.Good Bye Nevins Street Lower Level.

About 10 years ago I rode the (2) train out to Flatbush Avenue and looked through the Railfan Window�. Just as you're leaving the southbound Hoyt Street-Fulton Mall station, the tunnel widens a bit and you see a trackway that ramps down to another level. This leads down to the Nevins Street Lower Level. It's for a line that was never built. The station was redesigned after construction was already well underway ca. 1905-1908 and the platform was never-used. I only saw the lower level on the southbound side. Never on the Manhattan bound side.

When the Dual Contracts of 1913 were being drawn up, the City received many proposals from the Interborough and the B.R.T. One of the proposals, if memory serves me correctly, was to re-build the Third Ave. Elevated for heavier steel subway cars and to connect them to the I.R.T.'s Brooklyn subway via the north side tracks of the Manhattan Bridge, go a short distance on Flatbush Ave., and connect to the Nevins Street station. The proposal was fought by the B.R.T. because it would have altered their track plans for DeKalb Ave. station, not to mention the loss of two tracks on the north side of the Manhattan Bridge. There is a reference to this in Cunningham and DeHarts book, "RAPID TRANSIT IN BROOKLYN". The City sided with the B.R.T. and the I.R.T. proposal was discarded. I don't know if this had anything to do with the unused Lafayette Ave. connection tunnel, which was filled in by later subway construction. Maybe someone has some info on that Lafayette Ave connection.

Archived