Whats the deal with this bus?

Y2Julio

That looks like every other bus we got , However it just shows how bad JG and CPt Depots need this new Arrival of buses

I know that Jackie Gleason has older buses compared to the newer ones at the other depots but this one looked really old. Is Jackie getting new CNG buses or something?

I know that Jackie Gleason has older buses compared to the newer ones at the other depots but this one looked really old. Is Jackie getting new CNG buses or something?

Julio it's to my understanding that JG And Cpt will be getting New CNG 's like LIB has and that this order was approved late so the bid on these and the fact that these two Depots will be getting buses ASAP

That looks like every other bus we got , However it just shows how bad JG and CPt Depots need this new Arrival of buses

Julio it's to my understanding that JG And Cpt will be getting New CNG 's like LIB has and that this order was approved late so the bid on these and the fact that these two Depots will be getting buses ASAP

To add onto what KR's been saying, Gleason has been getting the O5 CNGs that College Point originally had because of their loss of the original O5 CNGs(500-600 series), some of the original O5 CNGs that Jackie Gleason originally had were retired, while others were sent over to College Point.

Gleason had a good handful of these ex-CP O5CNGs until the service cuts, which led them to giving a good batch of the buses up to West Farms (terrible idea in my opinion)

To add onto what KR's been saying, Gleason has been getting the O5 CNGs that College Point originally had because of their loss of the original O5 CNGs(500-600 series), some of the original O5 CNGs that Jackie Gleason originally had were retired, while others were sent over to College Point.

Gleason had a good handful of these ex-CP O5CNGs until the service cuts, which led them to giving a good batch of the buses up to West Farms (terrible idea in my opinion)

As for this bus though, what's on the inside is nothing compared to what's on the outside. But if there's an upside, there are fewer than 10 non-low-floor buses at Gleason.

• 2 weeks later...
CP is also supposed to be getting New Flyers from what I understand. But I could be wrong. Anything could change in the next 7 months.

Thats what I've been told by several people as well. CP was slated to get the New Flyers but time will only tell what will happen when April arrives....

From what I have heard, CP isnt getting ANY more CNGs. They are going to become an ALL EXP depot. Some time next year.

How about we wait till April to see what happens, we are 6-7 months too early to predict such things.

Oh please, people. I've seen much worse. This 9829 Orion bus is nothing compared to some of the buses I've seen in Eastern Europe. And in Cuba, for example, they apparently still use GMC Fishbowls (the OLD Fishbowls, not the ones from the final production runs). In situations like that, even a Green Lines GMC RTS would be a blessing.

Archived