R68A on the (D)

LTA1992

CIY and Concourse may be swapping the R68/R68A, cause last week there were 2 sets on the (D), the weekend there were 3, as of today I saw 4, so CIY may be giving Concourse there R68A in exchange for R68 to make CIY all R68. If so, pretty pointless move, they were fine as is..........

heh what i find funny is people (or maybe foamers lol) keep using EXCLUSIVE for the R68A (D). Thats soooooooooooooooooo old, so there is nothing RARE or EXCLUSIVE about an R68A (D).

Hey when ever a Yankees game pop out, the (D) runs extra R68/As off the (:P at Concourse yd and runs it to 2nd Avenue.. Now please tell me how this is rare and exclusive LOL...!

R68As on the (R), well thats rare and exclusive.. Unless its been seen before!

Of course not just R68/A (D) being MARKED exclusive, but other crap as well.. Which i won't disclose!

CIY and Concourse may be swapping the R68/R68A, cause last week there were 2 sets on the (D), the weekend there were 3, as of today I saw 4, so CIY may be giving Concourse there R68A in exchange for R68 to make CIY all R68. If so, pretty pointless move, they were fine as is..........

Today, I rode the (:P. With the ironic exception of my own train, every (B) I saw was an R68A. The same with the few non R160 (N)s I saw. Either these are special occasions and Yankee specials, or this is the most discombobulated fleet change ever.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Ohh, maybe the R68 are getting SMS?

Doubt it since they were SMS'd around 2004

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

I thought the R44s got SMSd in 2004.

Around 2006 or 2007 they got SMS'd, they ran R40 Slants in regular (D) service while the their R68's were getting SMS, I think the resaon why they have R68A's is because of Extra Service, I did hear that the (D) needed a few extra trains.

heh what i find funny is people (or maybe foamers lol) keep using EXCLUSIVE for the R68A (D). Thats soooooooooooooooooo old, so there is nothing RARE or EXCLUSIVE about an R68A (D).

Hey when ever a Yankees game pop out, the (D) runs extra R68/As off the (:( at Concourse yd and runs it to 2nd Avenue.. Now please tell me how this is rare and exclusive LOL...!

R68As on the (R), well thats rare and exclusive.. Unless its been seen before!

Of course not just R68/A (D) being MARKED exclusive, but other crap as well.. Which i won't disclose!

I say rare because i've never seen it before. A whole paragraph on the thing was not necessary.

Around 2006 or 2007 they got SMS'd, they ran R40 Slants in regular (D) service while the their R68's were getting SMS, I think the resaon why they have R68A's is because of Extra Service, I did hear that the (D) needed a few extra trains.

with the removal of the west end (Mx) it was going to happen sooner or later

Yea I caught one the other day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBaqNdYt62E

whenever there is a Yankee Game and there is no (:P to The Bronx the (D) will use (B) equipment everyone should know this.And this case my vid that day the game was at 1pm and the (B) doesn't serve the Bronx at that time.And yea exclusive smh at that person just a foamer.

Pics by me from 9.3.10

D5.jpg

D4.jpg

D3.jpg

D2.jpg

D1.jpg

D-1.jpg

Why should everyone need to know that?

Everyone should know b\c the (D) always uses (B) equipment when there are home Yankee games no matter what time the game is b\c (B) does not serve the Bronx all day & (D) needs the extra service which is obvious.But to catch this you just gotta be at the right place at the right time b\c they may just put in and rip out of service for ex. R68/A's layup on the Concourse Exp and there a R68A comes in 161 takes passengers to C.I out of service and then to the yard where it will turn into a (B) the next day or they will send it down then send it up(in passenger service) then get layed up in Concourse Yard for the morning put-in.It's a no brainer.

I've sent in a suggestion that they reverse the Baseball special itinerary, and bring it out of CIYD instead of CCYD, and use a 160, run light to the staging area on the Councourse, then then enter service, and they'll finish on the end where they lay up. (instead of having to deadhead the whole length afterward).

Using the 160's would eliminate having to change signs. so then, you would have 160's scheduled to run on the (D). Or, if they decided top use it to fill in for service somewhere else, or even as a special (B) (when express service is restored to Brighton Beach) like they sometimes did.

Yes! The (D) Shuttle needs 160s to handle the huge as crowds... and the (4) needs to run more 142/As or 62s because those little teeny cars can't handle all the fans that for some reason always get on at 125 St

The (4) can b\c if it was a major issue I'm pretty sure they would slip in a R142 from the (5) to the (4) but they layup about 7-12sets btwn 167th & 183rd St with no problem.

I wonder if they have a program for the R160's which will say Yankee Special or World Series like the R142/A's have programmed with a Diamond*symbolizing baseball=4bases to make a diamond.

Archived