Q50 Limited - What is the route?

RhythmNBlues

When they say this is a "Limited" route, what do they mean exactly? That there will be less stops along the way from Co-op City to Flushing? Or, does it mean less stops in Co-op City (as the BX 23 runs through the new loop route).

What IS the route going to be for the Q50? Any chance it would be extended to Queens College? There are a lot of students in Co-op City who attend there and this would sure be a plus for them.

When they say this is a "Limited" route, what do they mean exactly? That there will be less stops along the way from Co-op City to Flushing? Or, does it mean less stops in Co-op City (as the BX 23 runs through the new loop route).

What IS the route going to be for the Q50? Any chance it would be extended to Queens College? There are a lot of students in Co-op City who attend there and this would sure be a plus for them.

For all intents and purposes, the Q50 will have the same route and same stops as the QBx1 south of Pelham Bay Park.

So, basically....what was the point of changing this route? I wish they would make it as frequent as (or close to) the way the Q44 runs....at night, the bus leaving from Flushing to Co-op City is horrible. They run once an hour and sometimes don't come for two hours.....improvement needs to be made there...

So, basically....what was the point of changing this route? I wish they would make it as frequent as (or close to) the way the Q44 runs....at night, the bus leaving from Flushing to Co-op City is horrible. They run once an hour and sometimes don't come for two hours.....improvement needs to be made there...

It simplifies the route so it doesn't have 10 million different service patterns. From what I've heard the Bx23 won't solve this problem, but the Q50 will only have one service pattern, via 1-2-3-4-5. IMO they should increase frequency though, but not now since they don't have any money.

It simplifies the route so it doesn't have 10 million different service patterns. From what I've heard the Bx23 won't solve this problem, but the Q50 will only have one service pattern, via 1-2-3-4-5. IMO they should increase frequency though, but not now since they don't have any money.

I hear what you're saying.....seems as though they're trying to clear congestion with two different buses...I would have liked to see the QBX1 be changed to Q50 as a true "Limited"...going from Pelham Bay straight to the Whitestone and from there, follow the same line as the Q44...with more frequency added to it...

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Once you're in Pelham Bay, there are many different QBx1 patterns like...

-full route Flushing to Co-Op City via 1-2-3-4-5

-full route Flushing to Co-Op City via 5-4-3-2-1

-Co-Op City to Pelham Bay via 1-2-3-4

-Pelham Bay to Section 4 only

There's more but those are the only ones I remember. The split is to (supposedly) simplify it

It's a LTD because it makes fewer stops than the buses it parallels (Bx5, Q25, etc).

Just saw the frequency of the Bx23/Q50. Still a suckie schedule. The Bx23 is even sadder, the last bus is a 9:45 PM Looks like after that the Q50 picks up the slack with hourly service. Looks like the Section 1,2 and 4 will have to get used to sparse bus service.

It's a LTD because it makes fewer stops than the buses it parallels (Bx5, Q25, etc).

It only parallels the Bx5 for two stops now. And Q50 should make all the former Bx5 stops along Bruckner. Meanwhile service needs to be increased. Theirs really no reason to call it a Limited stop bus.

It only parallels the Bx5 for two stops now. And Q50 should make all the former Bx5 stops along Bruckner. Meanwhile service needs to be increased. Theirs really no reason to call it a Limited stop bus.

The Q50 does add one southbound stop on Bruckner Blvd, at Baisley Av to serve PS 14 and the pedestrian bridge that leads to southern Country Club. The Bx8 covers the Bruckner north of Country Club while the Bx5 now covers the Bruckner south of Logan/Crosby Avs. Besides, not too many people got on or off on the Bruckner between Crosby and Country Club Rd, it's mostly car country out there.

Archived