Your 7 Line Improvements

Harry

Add R142's. Extend the line Westbound to the Javitz Ctr. on weekdays/Saturday 6am to 11pm, and to 8av Port Authority all times. To be implemented by spring 2010. Keep the eastbound terminus the same. Offer Shuttle Bus service via Queens Midtown Tunnel from LIC Court Sq to Port Authority to allow for immediate construction of line extension.

1. Make railfan windows on both sides (obviously)

2. Express service on weekends (obviously as well)

3. Take out the timers in the following places:

*Between 5th Avenue & Grand Central

*Under the east river

*33rd/Rawson

That is all.

1. Continue with the westward extension to Javits Center.

2. Implement CBTC, also brining the R142 to the (7).

3. Implement weekend express service.

4. Extend the (7) along Roosevelt Avenue and Northern Boulevard to Bell Boulevard as a terminal, with provisions to extend the line to Little Neck.

Possible Improvements:

1. Increase (7) Local and (7x) Express service during rush hours, too many trains on the wrong side...

2. Redistribute passengers by using 74th Broadway as an express stop for transfers at Roosevelt (E)(F)(G)(R)(V).

3. Use something else other than the R62A, I'm getting quite pissed with the missing bar next to the door... :D

4. Stop those idiots from holding the doors...

5. Do something else to relieve overcrowding!

Impossible Improvements (these will never happen in a million years):

1. Rebuild the 7 underground, demolish the elevated. Rebuild into a IND/BMT Line.

or

2. Blow up a few buildings and the tunnel and make it the current (7) a IND/BMT Line.

ipaclansite, I'd say leave the (7) line as it is and just make improvements to the existing Queens elevated. By destroying the elevated stuctures of the (7), you are also destroying the (7)'s fame as the Queens elevated. It is also historical to the city as it did bring people back in the old days in the development of Queens.

I would take out the timers and help organize the (7) a little better. I would also extend it to the Javits Center. There should be express weekend service as well.

1. Continue with the westward extension to Javits Center.

2. Implement CBTC, also brining the R142 to the (7).

3. Implement weekend express service.

4. Extend the (7) along Roosevelt Avenue and Northern Boulevard to Bell Boulevard as a terminal, with provisions to extend the line to Little Neck.

I'd agree with most of that. I'd keep the Steinway tunnels on time for now, as this allows more trains to run at once, but once CBTC comes in obviously that won't matter as CBTC will take over. However those R142/A's will need to be retrofitted for CBTC. Once CBTC is in, the line should be 100% CBTC compatible (and NO trains in bypass), that will ease overcrowding and avoid the mess current happening on the (L)arry.

as for weekend express service, one in 3 trains runs express. Bell Blvd. seems a logical place to terminate the line eastward.

Switching tracks (lcl (7)/exp (7x)) at TSQ makes a lot of sense and I'm glad they did that, so I'd leave it alone now. The local should save a couple minutes each run just by not having to wait after it gets starting lights for the express to cross over in front of it.

Also to whoever said 74th as an express stop, while that'd be nice, unfortunately it's near impossible given the current station layout, and the (7) is crowded enough as it is anyway. The only way to solve these problems and the ones along QBlvd is another Queens line, but that's not something changes to the (7) would address.

Also I'd like to see extension to the Javits Center as planned by the (MTA), but I'd also like to see them extend the (L)arry to 40th-42nd Sts. in Manhattan. That way two trains will service 11th ave.

My improvements:

1. Take out the timers under the EAST RIVER

2. Take out the timers between Grand Central and 5th Ave.

3. Take out the timers between Queensboro Plaza and 33rd Street

4. Add more electronic LCD screens to help make clear and distinguish what is a (7x) and what is a (7).

Other than that, the (7) and the (7x) remain one of the best lines and is also maintained by one of the best yards.

Archived