Do you believe in god?

EASF

Hi everyone. I'm just curious. i would like yo ask you guys, do you believe in god? do you think he/she exist? well, since i started this thread, ill start telling you that i personally don't believe that someone called god exist or ever has existed, or in any religion out there neither. For me, it is a believe that our parents/families/cultures, and society has being practicing to control the people and put them in fear for something that nobody has seen. i have a few friends that they believe in god and they got mad at me when i tell them, don't be an ignorant believing in that religion, giving them your money, your time, or going to a church and tell them all the stuff that you have done to someone that is a human being like you(father of the church). why do we have to do that? is not that person equal to us? does that person has any extraordinary powers? why do we have always say thank you god for this and for that? do you think you will be where you are right now if you don't go out to work, or go to study and get a degree for a better future, or wake up everyday with the same routine to make a living? do you think god will send a bag full of money to your house? so, i always think about it, and I'm not against nobody that is in any religion or something, i just want to share what are my thoughts about god existence or believe. I respect everyone opinion.

but i know there are many people, with the same thoughts like me. because how come i will believe in something that I've never have seen? so the day that someone called god, comes to earth and talk to me, from that day on i will move to a church and pray 24 hours a day. i used to believe in god when i was a kid, but not anymore since 3 years back that i came to a conclusion that all of that stuff about god and religions/believes were teach to me from my parents/family, as almost everyone else. my family still do believe and are mad at me and my brother because we tell them that we don't believe in god, that we realize he/she have never exist. just think about it, something that you never have seen? would you believe in that? if god is the one that makes everything on earth, the only one that can control the world, decide who dies or who don't? so why everyday theres accidents, crimes, murder, war, innocent people dying, or being killed, and so many things that innocent people pay for it? even though i know many cases from people that are all the time praying and going to church and always thanking god. they are suffering for a family lost that happened in a sad way, for instead my cousin. 28 years old. she was an angel, she was a good girl, she wont even kill a roach. her husband was super religious, he was on church everyday, the same as her. people of not problem at all. she was a professor at a Yonkers school, she was driving to a teacher conference outstate with 2 others females co-workers and it was at the night, then a truck that was in front of her drop a tank from the back and she tried to avoid it, and they roll over, and she got killed at the scene. so, sadly that was something else for me to be more sure about my believe about god. why he didn't do anything to avoid that, if he can do everything he wants? because theres not god. theres another example of "god powers". what about 911? why all those innocents people have to die?

and so many things that if i keep writing ill be here till tomorrow. but this is my opinion, please guys let me know what you all think.

thank you.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I have a very strong belief in God. Too many things has happened and so a person I definately turn to, and usually the first, is God. He is, as most say, AWESOME!

Its easy to understand him if you just listen very very carefully.

Your entitled to your opinions and believes and I completely respect that. For me, I'm half Muslim and half Hindu (nice combo right :D) Basically I tried to come up with my own deal which combines both (but I'm mainly consists of Muslim beliefs really). I do believe in Allah (aka God), heaven, hell and to a certain point karma. I believe in not eating pork (for myself) and I pray everyday. Overall, I'm just comfortable with whatever I believe in.

ok, i understand and respect all of your opinions. but why do you believe. because you were born within that religion, or your parents made you get into it? think of that, if nobody ever tells you about god or any religion, would you know about it or believe in it? i used to believe in god because almost everybody do, and my grandfather told my mother that he exist, and my mother told me that he exist, and so on? so thats why, because someone says that he exist, its not a fact. i don't know. thats what i always ask to everybody, and i never got the answer?

Personally, that is just one of those questions that there just isn’t a right answer to because it’s a matter of ones personal belief and faith. It’s something that I feel is never an open and shut topic because there are so many different religions, practices, beliefs, etc.

But to answer your original question; yes I do believe in God. Why?.. well, for many personal reasons…but most importantly it’s just what I believe…:D

Yes i belive in god he answers your prayers even its something about transit. Like i prayed that i will get to ride an R40 (N) train again and guess what i got to ride an R40 (N) train one last time!!!! And he even answered my prayers about some presonal matters....

Wow. Where do I begin? Well first off I definitely have to say that I have a strong belief in God. I am way too blessed, and have been in way too many situations to even think of denying the fact that there is a God. As far as religion, I guess I would say I'm half Catholic and half Christian. My dad's side of my family are from Puerto Rico, therefore they are all Catholic, and on my mothers side, they are African Methodists. There are differences between the two, but they both teach the same basic values. I don't attend church like my Grandmother or my mom does, but to me that is my choice. I'm really busy, and often too lazy to get up and go. As far as my feelings/beliefs on bad things happening to good people is simply that 1st of all evey one of us has an expiration date. No matter where we are when it is time, it is just time. As far as all the people lost to the hands of evil, if they were good hearted, then I believe that God has a place for them, and if the person who commited the crime/act of evil is never brought to justice in a court of law, they will still be delt with by the Lord. Revenge is his anyway! As far as all the people we lost on 9/11, I know that God will vindicate all those souls. You don't have to see God to know that he is there. When the time is right, your heart will let you know that he exists. Because in my opinion, If you see him one day, then decide to believe, it may be too late. He was not "invented" to control people, but to bring piece and prosperity among them, and to teach that we are all brothers and sisters, and should love thy neighbor as we do ourselves. No matter what our culture, backgroung, race or religion is. If everyone stuck to this line of thinking, the world would be a much better place. But untill then, the love of money, is the root to ALL evil. So in closing, think about that, because I know in my heart that 9/11 and the War in Iraq is evil at its best, and money is the source! Gos Bless America, and everywhere else.

Yeah, i don't believe in god. My mother most of all tried to lay it on too thick, when I was young. I stop believing after 9/11, when a couple of my family members died in Iraq, and when my pastor wanted to sleep with some of the females of the church, yet he has a wife and two kids!!! That made me confused when a man who is suppose to preach the word of god, and to tell us not to do sin, but he can do it??? Sorry, no way jose.

hello all. i see, this is getting interesting. as i though the majority believe in god. we're few who dont. but this is everyone personal believe, and i know its hard to change of opinion/believing from day to night.

East New York Wow. Where do I begin? Well first off I definitely have to say that I have a strong belief in God. I am way too blessed, and have been in way too many situations to even think of denying the fact that there is a God. As far as religion, I guess I would say I'm half Catholic and half Christian. My dad's side of my family are from Puerto Rico, therefore they are all Catholic, and on my mothers side, they are African Methodists. There are differences between the two, but they both teach the same basic values. I don't attend church like my Grandmother or my mom does, but to me that is my choice. I'm really busy, and often too lazy to get up and go. As far as my feelings/beliefs on bad things happening to good people is simply that 1st of all evey one of us has an expiration date. No matter where we are when it is time, it is just time. As far as all the people lost to the hands of evil, if they were good hearted, then I believe that God has a place for them, and if the person who commited the crime/act of evil is never brought to justice in a court of law, they will still be delt with by the Lord. Revenge is his anyway! As far as all the people we lost on 9/11, I know that God will vindicate all those souls. You don't have to see God to know that he is there. When the time is right, your heart will let you know that he exists. Because in my opinion, If you see him one day, then decide to believe, it may be too late. He was not "invented" to control people, but to bring piece and prosperity among them, and to teach that we are all brothers and sisters, and should love thy neighbor as we do ourselves. No matter what our culture, backgroung, race or religion is. If everyone stuck to this line of thinking, the world would be a much better place. But untill then, the love of money, is the root to ALL evil. So in closing, think about that, because I know in my heart that 9/11 and the War in Iraq is evil at its best, and money is the source! Gos Bless America, and everywhere else.

hey bro. well i used to think that too, that we all have an expiration day. but i dont think so because who decide when/how we have to die? its a bit confusing, sometimes we say. oh that was his time. that was his day to die? but i think thats wrong because nobody knows when/how you will die. and about good people happening bad things. why are they suppose to die in an terrifying way like the 911 for instead?. why god allow the evil to do bad things? it just doesn't make sense for me because if he just want somebody to die, hes the powerful, he can do whatever he wants, right? so why is not as simple as putting those person to sleep forever or letting them die naturally?

I believe in God. In the toughest situations, I still manage to get out of them. However, I don't believe he is the creator of the universe. I am a strong believer in Extraterrestrial Life and they are out there.

interesting, so who is the creator of the universe for you? and what is that Extraterrestrial life?

Your entitled to your opinions and believes and I completely respect that. For me, I'm half Muslim and half Hindu (nice combo right ;)) Basically I tried to come up with my own deal which combines both (but I'm mainly consists of Muslim beliefs really). I do believe in Allah (aka God), heaven, hell and to a certain point karma. I believe in not eating pork (for myself) and I pray everyday. Overall, I'm just comfortable with whatever I believe in.

What about the cows?

I do believe in God, Jesus, Heaven, Hell, and Limbo. The reason is on the day my mother was laid to rest, it was bright and sunny. Not a cloud in the sky. Soon as the coffin was put into the ground, and the first few shovels of earth was put onto it, it rained (sun showers), for about 10 seconds. Not an all over rain, just where we stood. I knew my mother crossed home. I am a believer, and I will not forget that day. It's almost been 9 years.

Yes, I believe in God but not because some one told me to ( parents/religion) I'm not going to believe in some one or some thing with out the evidence to back it up. I read the bible for my self. The short of the long is when having examined the bible historically and scientifically the evidence is over whelming, leaving me to say what the pharaoh of Egypt said, "Moses's God is God" (true story) or what the roman centurion said after what he witnessed at Calvary "truly this was the son of God" (also a true story) now if I were to take the word of some man or religion I would be confused, I wouldn't know which way is up. As my father in-law would always say (NYPD ret.) in a court of law the judge wants the facts/evidence not hear say. ARE YOU REALLY BEING TRUE TO YOUR SELF ? Think of it as if you were going to take the motorman's exam in order to pass you're going to have to STUDY FOR YOUR SELF,"TRULY".

My views on this are that this universe is simply too complicated to have just come into existence on its own. There's the whole chicken or egg question but I'll spare the philosophy. However, there IS something outside of what we know - maybe even what we CAN know - that explains how all this stuff got here. I choose to call it God, for simplicity's sake, but I don't envision it as a stereotypical cloudy old man in the sky with a beard...but I know it's out there...but all of that is a personal choice.

I differentiate belief in God, from belief in religion. God = good, but IMO religion = bad. Religion is mostly created by humans who claim authority from a God. Religion is necessary intolerant because the beliefs of one religion and the beliefs of another are mutually exclusive - they can't coexist and "both be true", at least as preached by the figureheads. Religion creates unnecessary divisions in a world already filled with them. God does not ask for your time, your money, your unending "hyms of praise", your ritualistic commitments, or your strict adherence to rules crafted by humans. The problem stems from the fact that religion has been exploited for centuries as a way of getting the masses to do what those in power want. Most of this comes from people who think they need a reason for everything that they do, a reason for life, etc., because apparently being a good person just because it's the right thing to do just isn't good enough.

So while I believe in something "behind the universe", which you can call God if you like, I do NOT believe in religion as it is corrupt, greedy, mind numbing, and guilt inducing with intentions of profit. Beliefs are personal, they can be shared in group, but once someone starts trying to make a profit off this and exercise power it is a CORRUPT INSTITUTION. Look at the extent to which religious values are covered EVERY TIME there is an election (and I'm not just referring to the Obama minister thing). Why is this so overblown? Do YOU really care whether or not someone ELSE goes to church on Sunday/Temple on Saturday? If so that's a fatal flaw in the religious system - intolerance for others' beliefs... As the lines separating church and state get even more blurred, religion will become even more of a problem that it already is, and none of this will have ANYTHING to do with God, only the corrupt human institution that is religion.

And I'm grateful to the God behind the universe, because myself and those around me have escaped some hairy situations relatively unscathed whereas many may not have been so fortunate.

just my 2c...

hey bro. well i used to think that too, that we all have an expiration day. but i dont think so because who decide when/how we have to die? its a bit confusing, sometimes we say. oh that was his time. that was his day to die? but i think thats wrong because nobody knows when/how you will die. and about good people happening bad things. why are they suppose to die in an terrifying way like the 911 for instead?. why god allow the evil to do bad things? it just doesn't make sense for me because if he just want somebody to die, hes the powerful, he can do whatever he wants, right? so why is not as simple as putting those person to sleep forever or letting them die naturally?

I feel you. But thats where by belief comes in not to question what he does, or why he does it. Because first of all we will never know unless we meet him, so why even ask why? It's a waste of time. Life is not supposed to make sense.

Your entitled to your opinions and believes and I completely respect that. For me, I'm half Muslim and half Hindu (nice combo right ;)) Basically I tried to come up with my own deal which combines both (but I'm mainly consists of Muslim beliefs really). I do believe in Allah (aka God), heaven, hell and to a certain point karma. I believe in not eating pork (for myself) and I pray everyday. Overall, I'm just comfortable with whatever I believe in.

To be honest I can't imagine that at all. I'm Hindu and can't really imagine my life being the same if I practiced Islam. I don't have anything against the other religion at ALL but the two are so different.....you must have fun.

Archived