Do you believe in god?

EASF

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not religious; like Popsicle X, I do not believe in organized religion. There are religions that do not explicitly mandate belief in a deity/divine spirit (e.g. Taoism, Hinayana Buddhism, Jainism (to a degree)), and I don't follow those either, so your question is a bit oversimplified.

As to the question of the possible existence of god(s), I have to say it doesn't make a difference to me either way. While I am 99.99999% certain that no "god" exists, it wouldn't bother me in the least if I was wrong - if I am offered conclusive proof of a god or god's (or goddesses') existence, I will acknowledge its existence, but this will not be changing my worldview or personal habits in any way.

So when you punch for lineups, it's God on the other end? :(

Yes. There's an old man with a beard waiting for your lineup request :P

I'm not religious.

No god belief for me. Governments rule us,religions fool us. A public that is blinded by fantastic tales never rises up.

As Seneca said, "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful".

If there was one single universal god that was indivisible and influencing all of us, there wouldn't be any disagreement over god's nature, would there? I, therefore, conclude God is simply your conscience or a mild case of personality dissociation.

Nope... don't believe in a god.... or god, in any sense of the term.

and no, I'm not athiest....

^ I'm only mentioning that b/c whenever you tell some people you don't believe in god, right away you're (labeled) an athiest....

Call me a non-believer if you have to....

or my personal favorite:

Ya don't go to church... you're goin ta haell (hell)...

Ya don't read the bible... you're goin ta haell....

Ya don't believe in god........ you're goin ta haell....

Nope... don't believe in a god.... or god, in any sense of the term.

and no, I'm not athiest....

^ I'm only mentioning that b/c whenever you tell some people you don't believe in god, right away you're (labeled) an athiest....

Call me a non-believer if you have to....

or my personal favorite:

Ya don't go to church... you're goin ta haell (hell)...

Ya don't read the bible... you're goin ta haell....

Ya don't believe in god........ you're goin ta haell....

I'm not criticizing your beliefs but I have a question: do you genuinely not believe in God or are you simply bored by a 2 hour church service (I can identify with the latter)?

I'm not criticizing your beliefs but I have a question: do you genuinely not believe in God or are you simply bored by a 2 hour church service (I can identify with the latter)?

The last time I stepped foot in a church was almost 20 yrs ago...

I went to a private school (SDA; seventh day adventist) from 2nd grade to 8th grade....

During my high school & college yrs, I've realized more & more that religion is built on a false concept...

...and the little skit I brought up about going to hell in my last post... well, I don't know how many times where people have asked me this very question (do you believe in god)... I tell them no... and b/c I don't, I'm supposedly going to hell *shrugs*.... that's just some christians; not saying all of them are like that....

It's amazing the amt. of people (blatantly or indirectly) that try to persuade you to join their religion.... {keyword: join}

Matter of fact, it happened to me last saturday out @ LIRR Ronkonkoma, this lady walks up to me as I'm @ the TVM paying for a ticket.... starts reciting the 10 commandments, and why I should believe in god & proceeds to hand me a paperback book of the new testament... I literally said "lady, get out of my face w/ this nonsense... I don't have time for this"..... and proceeded to walk off to the western end of the station.... As rude as I came off, I don't have much tolerance for the general public anyway - None for those who try to push religion on me....

There's other reasons as to why I refuse to acknowledge a god, but I'm not going to get into to all of 'em..... For me, it's not about even the guy on the podium w/ the suit on, reciting passages from a book who's trying to get his bills paid by the end of the day from some poor souls who are so brainwashed, they're too blind (or stupid) to see it....

but I digress.....

I find it ironic that your user handle is B35 via Church:P

Heh...that's what I said the last time I got off the (F) at Church Ave! "This is the first time I've been at Church in 5 years" (parents made me go 'till I was 18 :mad: that's OK I never gave money :))

Heh...that's what I said the last time I got off the (F) at Church Ave! "This is the first time I've been at Church in 5 years" (parents made me go 'till I was 18 :mad: that's OK I never gave money :))

Surprised they don't still make you go, due to the whole entire "my roof my rules" thing most parents have. :P

Surprised they don't still make you go, due to the whole entire "my roof my rules" thing most parents have. :P

Doesn't work that way. I pay my parents rent and that's the scope of most of it. I would not go, and they know better than to try and force beliefs on other people anyway.

Julio, in your house do you have long beads that look like curtains with the face of jesus on them hanging from like a room door. I hope you know what I mean! lol. The best is the dudes that put jesus's face on there headlights on there cars lol

Archived