9/11: 9 years later

Shortline Bus

anyone watching "America's Most Wanted' right now tonight 9/11/10? They featuring some of the remaining terror suspects wanted by the FBI including Osama.

I'm watching it, but I haven't seen anything you mentioned.

On 9/11 my dad (a former NYPD lieutenant) was going to a police station a block away from the towers. He had to drop off some papers for someone else. He wasn't supposed to be there that day, but he was. He said he got out of the train station on the (E). He walked a block or so and he said he heard a really loud boom and then saw a sea of people running away from the towers. He doesn't really like to talk about it outside of that.

I'm watching it, but I haven't seen anything you mentioned.

On 9/11 my dad (a former NYPD lieutenant) was going to a police station a block away from the towers. He had to drop off some papers for someone else. He wasn't supposed to be there that day, but he was. He said he got out of the train station on the (E). He walked a block or so and he said he heard a really loud boom and then saw a sea of people running away from the towers. He doesn't really like to talk about it outside of that.

R160 my friend, be grateful your Dad is alive today and made out of 9/11 safely. And the America's Most Wanted profile of a 9/11 Terror Suspect with ties to a Miami area Mosque and Osama was in the show's first (15 minutes)segment.

"Where were YOU, Joel?"

Well, I had just started the 5th grade the week before. I went down to my music class (with that crackhead of a music teacher I had to deal with all through elementary), and my teacher stuck her head in the room while the music class was in session and she said that "something very serious had just happened." When the class was led back up, she said that the Twin Towers had been hit and fallen down. (Note that this was about 10 AM, and by then, both towers were gone).

I was too immature, too stupid and hyper at the time (yes, I was in Special Ed and on medicine and all that back then. SPOILERS: I ain't on that shit no more. to realize what had happened. When I got back home, it was all over the news - the images of the wreckage, the firefighters digging everything out, all of it. I never caught a grasp of how badly this ruined the decade - no, all of America, and the rest of my life, until about the 9th grade.

I knew that this would be the decade that I would grow up in, become a teenager and adult in... and 9/11 set it off. I don't even know what to think anymore - I know all the big news channels are giant f**king jokes with how they exaggerate everything, and I have no damn confidence left in the government anymore.

I was at school (I was a 8 year old 4th Grader at the time). Me and my classmates were in class at the time when my Science teacher told us that the World Trade Cenetr got hit by planes and that one of them collapsed. We were not allowed to know what happened until we all got home. When my mom picked me up, I asked her what happened at the World Trade Center and then she told me the whole story that they got hit by planes and they both collapsed. I then watched what happened on my bedroom and living room TVs (No HD at the time). I will never forget seeing that hole in the ground and sky with the smoke coming up on TV. It was a powerful image.

On the ninth anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, the MTA is looking back at the heroic efforts of its first responders, and looking forward to the restoration and improvement of transportation infrastructure in Lower Manhattan.

More than 1,000 employees of MTA New York City Transit and MTA Bridges and Tunnels were first responders on 9/11, making MTA employees among the most numerous of any group of personnel to respond on the ground during 9/11. They saved lives as they moved thousands of people out of harm's way and guided them to safety, often in thick clouds of dust. Brooklyn-Battery Tunnel employees also cleared 287 vehicles that had been abandoned in the Tunnel. After the immediate aftermath, New York City Transit brought in special buses that brought rescue workers to the site, and Brooklyn-Battery Tunnel, the "Gateway to Ground Zero," quickly became a critical path for hundreds of police and emergency vehicles racing toward the World Trade Center site.

That day nine years ago, New Yorkers pledged to rebuild. The MTA has been a vital part of the process. The MTA got to work immediately repairing the damage that resulted from the attacks and it continues to make progress throughout lower Manhattan.

After the attacks, the MTA immediately began repairing the tracks, structures and stations of the # 1, R and E lines that were most heavily damaged by the attacks.

Read more:http://www.mta.info/news/stories/?story=102

I was at school (I was a 8 year old 4th Grader at the time). Me and my classmates were in class at the time when my Science teacher told us that the World Trade Cenetr got hit by planes and that one of them collapsed. We were not allowed to know what happened until we all got home. When my mom picked me up, I asked her what happened at the World Trade Center and then she told me the whole story that they got hit by planes and they both collapsed. I then watched what happened on my bedroom and living room TVs (No HD at the time). I will never forget seeing that hole in the ground and sky with the smoke coming up on TV. It was a powerful image.

I heard the news about the 9/11 attacks. The flight planes had crashed the site. I was thinking Flight 11.

I made a spelling error in my original post.

I was at school (I was a 8 year old 4th Grader at the time). Me and my classmates were in class at the time when my Science teacher told us that the World Trade Center got hit by planes and that one of them collapsed. We were not allowed to know what happened until we all got home. When my mom picked me up, I asked her what happened at the World Trade Center and then she told me the whole story that they got hit by planes and they both collapsed. I then watched what happened on my bedroom and living room TVs (No HD at the time). I will never forget seeing that hole in the ground and sky with the smoke coming up on TV. It was a powerful image.

Archived