R46 F memorabilia

Ftrainfan

So as you guys know , the (F) doesn't run R46s anymore :cry:. So in this thread , you can talk about your best R46 (F) moments , provide a photo of a R46 (F) train from any year , or you can work on a video in tribute to the R46 (F) train. Like the one I'll be working on and putting on my youtube in october!

Start posting... :P

Ok! I have one...

every day I took the (F) train from 1997 to 2010 , getting an R46 on my most favorite line was a very memorable day. From the day I did stand up on the (F) to cheer up a friend and made the other passengers days with my jokes from the very last NYC subway trip for my older cousin who's in philli going to college now. the (F) will Always be remembered for carrying the R46 with respect!

But My most Favorite R46 (F) moment was when I introduced my 7th grade classmate to the (F) train. He said "Wow! It looks and sounds JUST like the (G) but it's longer! How they do that?" That's when I Laughed my ass off and told him "You know , the (G) is not the only train in the system with these models. Look at the (R) , and the (V) and you'll see what I mean."

I remember an R46 (F) breaking down in the Rutgers Tunnel at 1 a.m., someguy in the other end of the subway car whipped out a blunt and boxed the whole car. (Mind you, its the last car, me and my ex are at end B while the pothead was at end A). He keep puffin till the train moved. At York, the doors opened and plume of smoke just rushed out the train. Best memory of the R46s on the (F) for me.

Jezz, you're making it sound like someone died. It's not that big a deal.

LOL, I love how that's the only negative post.

Anyway I remember being on an R46 F programmed as Coney Island-bound, but we were Manhattan-bound. I thought it was funny. Lol.

There was an R46(F) a few weeks ago and they only putin very rarely a 46 when something happens like a big gap or something.But I love how the R46's on the (F) swayed and moved they are quick,comfortable and quiet feminine cars that I love.Easily fall asleep on one b\c of the swaying.

Thank You! Someone else that almost falls asleep on a R46 b/c of it's nice suburban design. I knew I wasn't crazy! That happened to me a month ago on a rainy day when I was on the (G) going to work! Good thing the announcements kept me from totally crashing!

So as you guys know , the (F) doesn't run R46s anymore :cry:. So in this thread , you can talk about your best R46 (F) moments , provide a photo of a R46 (F) train from any year , or you can work on a video in tribute to the R46 (F) train. Like the one I'll be working on and putting on my youtube in october!

Start posting... :P

I told you in prior thread that even though you haven't seen an R46 on the F for awhile it does not mean you'll never see one there again. If one needs to be assigned to make service, it will run.

Memories are very short around here.

There is one car that should be remembered. The R44s even though they are not off the active roster yet and even then when they do retire you'll still be able to see them stored at the Concourse yard until they decided to scrap them.

They will be remembered for their unique sounds.

Whatever they cost brand new, I don't think there was ever a car that NYCT has spent so much money on the make modification after modification after modification on, GOH not withstanding.

Those cars were a major headache, caused lots of overtime and cancelled trips back in the day.

Because of the tight cab, operating personnel will not be missing these cars in the slightest. I haven't spoke to the C guys lately but I do know many of them and I doubt if they're too happy being stuck with them temporarily.

I'll give you this from a passenger standpoint: the R46 seat is much more comfortable than the R160 seat as well.

That a**hole that runs the QB doesn't understand that, I Hate those R160's on the (F), Thanks to that damn (E) train and (M), The (F) has to be stuck with them, It was a Very stupid Move, they should have gave Pitkin some R160's for the (C).

That a**hole that runs the QB doesn't understand that, I Hate those R160's on the (F), Thanks to that damn (E) train and (M), The (F) has to be stuck with them, It was a Very stupid Move, they should have gave Pitkin some R160's for the (C).

They are not going to run NEW R160's on the C, essentially a part time line: lays up overnight and many times does not run or is severely shortened on the weekends.

One of the best experiences I had with an 46 (F) was when it had to go express from 18 Ave to Kings Hwy. I was sitting in the window seat enjoying the smooth and fast ride as it was swaying from left to right.

Another great experience was whan an operator had the cab door about one or two inches open. I was peeking through with much curiousity - just watching the speed and the t/o operate the controlls from Neptune Ave to Coney.

One of the best experiences I had with an 46 (F) was when it had to go express from 18 Ave to Kings Hwy. I was sitting in the window seat enjoying the smooth and fast ride as it was swaying from left to right.

Another great experience was whan an operator had the cab door about one or two inches open. I was peeking through with much curiousity - just watching the speed and the t/o operate the controlls from Neptune Ave to Coney.

With all due respect, which "peepers" do not know, is the reason why the cab door is open one or two inches is to get some cool air in there because the cabs are quite hot.

When you block the doorway to look in, you're blocking his air supply. Again, when you or anybody else does this, it is unintentional that you are doing this.

I know, but I do stand one foot back or so when I do want to see out that partly open cab access door

Also, I have some R46 F-Line train movies here

And yes, they were shot out front since the RFWs had no ads or newspaper clippings which are now there these days, in fact, during my visit one week ago, all the R46s I got had an ad in it's RFW thus forcing me to sit down and look all over the car interior.

Archived