R46 F memorabilia

Ftrainfan

That a**hole that runs the QB doesn't understand that, I Hate those R160's on the (F), Thanks to that damn (E) train and (M), The (F) has to be stuck with them, It was a Very stupid Move, they should have gave Pitkin some R160's for the (C).

Hey! Let's not be rude to the guy or gal who runs the QB line. R160s are great on the (F) line and so are R46s. This is why it's cool to have both on the (F) line. and this is why the (F)/® should be R46/R160 like the (N) is R68A/R160.

And as for the (C) , I think R160s should not touch that line until R46s start going and R211/R218s start coming!

With all due respect, which "peepers" do not know, is the reason why the cab door is open one or two inches is to get some cool air in there because the cabs are quite hot.

When you block the doorway to look in, you're blocking his air supply. Again, when you or anybody else does this, it is unintentional that you are doing this.

Exactly, Bill. Maximum air flow is reached when one or more of the car body windows are open, followed by the cab window opened to let air circulate, but now you get a railfan who did not shower, and the air flow blows right through the person standing by the door, and makes the small fill the cab.

They are not going to run NEW R160's on the C, essentially a part time line: lays up overnight and many times does not run or is severely shortened on the weekends.

Plus where are they getting the cars to 'boost' (C) service? Unless they were to cut runs to make it the same total amount of cars on the tracks [longer trains, but fewer of them], or even keeping the R44s around a bit longer, then I have serious doubts about longer trains being on the (C).

The funniest thing I'll remember on a R-46 (F) train was the front window being so clear and the T/O with snacks and drinks on the the control board. He had some cookies and pizza and he was eating during stops. This was sometime during May of last year.

Plus where are they getting the cars to 'boost' (C) service? Unless they were to cut runs to make it the same total amount of cars on the tracks [longer trains, but fewer of them], or even keeping the R44s around a bit longer, then I have serious doubts about longer trains being on the (C).

Oh trust Me you will see a change on the (C), but I the rest I will just keep quiet. you will see for yourselves

240 R32 = 24 trainsets, the (C) uses 152 8 car trainsets 18 8 car trainsets,if the (C) was full-lengh, 180 cars would be used while the remaining 60 cars will just be spares, they don't run on the (A) no more so, yes you have enough cars to make the (C) 10 cars, and you can still run 2 trainsets on the (A) if needed and have 40 cars for spares, so here you have it.

The funniest thing I'll remember on a R-46 (F) train was the front window being so clear and the T/O with snacks and drinks on the the control board. He had some cookies and pizza and he was eating during stops. This was sometime during May of last year.

Maybe the railroad was down the toilet and he had no time to eat his lunch, so he had to eat it in the train.

The R32s are not mechanicly reliable to run at that level. 4 spare trains are not enough.

All This BS will come to an end trust me, The R42's are rust buckets and they still run, The R44's have issues and you still have 32 of them on the road, If The R32's were at Pitkin yard, you wouldn't have this problem, plus you will have 60 cars as spares, The R32's are reliable, Just because they have A/C problems doesn't mean they are unreliable, That's why they should be on the (:P instead of the (C), a part time line that runs only 5 days a week at a Yard that keeps their train in check would rather be smart, this would allow less stress on 207th st yard. 207th can Handle anythig, they have Parts for NTT's.

All This BS will come to an end trust me, The R42's are rust buckets and they still run, The R44's have issues and you still have 32 of them on the road, If The R32's were at Pitkin yard, you wouldn't have this problem, plus you will have 60 cars as spares, The R32's are reliable, Just because they have A/C problems doesn't mean they are unreliable, That's why they should be on the (:P instead of the (C), a part time line that runs only 5 days a week at a Yard that keeps their train in check would rather be smart, this would allow less stress on 207th st yard. 207th can Handle anythig, they have Parts for NTT's.

This thread is not about the R32's....

...So...

...Don't try to make it about them...

Archived